MBBS In Malaysia has always been considered the best option among Indian medical students and is becoming a booming trend. With quality education and accreditation from the world’s major organizations, like WHO, NMC and UNESCO, Malaysia MBBS Colleges are becoming the epitome of proper education. MBBS in Malaysia is one of the preferred countries for MBBS Abroad for Indian students.
Regarding quality medicinal education, Malaysia MBBS Colleges always stay on their game. This article will help you stay ahead of your game, help you score a seat in the best medical colleges for MBBS in Malaysia, and guide you through all the essential points related to MBBS in Malaysia 2024-25. Stay tuned for more and happy reading.
Malaysia1 is a Beautiful Country with many highlights. There are many different regions, Each with its Characteristic features, making this Country the perfect destination for tourists. The Country has two official languages, Malay and Malaysian. Malaysia is proud to be a multi-racial country living together peacefully.
|33,200.000 (Source: Wikipedia)
|330,803 km2 (127,724 sq mi) (Source: Wikipedia)
Other largest cities: George Town of Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Malacca City
|Tropical Weather Year Round
|98.02% Youth (15 to 24), 89.05% Adult(25+) (Source: Wikipedia)
|Ringgit (RM) (MYR)
|63.5% Sunni Muslim, 18.7% Buddhism, 9.1% Christianity, 6.1% Hinduism, 1.3% Chinese folk-religionist, 0.9% Other.
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Malaysia, let’s look at some quick facts about studying MBBS in Malaysia.
|Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)
|5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)
|10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)
|Medium of Teaching
|NMC2, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India
|Cost of Living in Malaysia
|Depends on student
|Minimum Course Fee
|NEET (Qualified only)
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor
|Call Now > +91 88596 37232
Recognition of Malaysia Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. MBBS Colleges in Malaysia are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)3
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Why Study MBBS in Malaysia
Malaysia’s higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation globally due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Also, MBBS in Malaysia is a preferred destination for medical studies because of the easy admission procedure.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Study MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students:
- Faculty of Malaysian Universities: The best international professors serve as the faculty of Malaysian Universities, which are highly regarded educational institutions with a mixed approach to theoretical and practical learning.
- Scholarship: There are numerous scholarship schemes available in Malaysian universities for Indian students.
- Medium of teaching: Most Malaysians speak English, and the MBBS programme is entirely taught in English.
- No entrance exam: An entrance exam is unnecessary to enrol in a medical programme in Malaysia. The NEET certification is required for students to pursue MBBS in Malaysia.
- No associated costs: Capitalization has no associated costs or expenses.
Graphical Representation of Why Study MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students
Read also: Direct Admission in MBBS in Malaysia
MBBS in Malaysia Admission Procedure for Indian Students
To study MBBS in Malaysia, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
MBBS in Malaysia Eligibility Criteria
Malaysia has become a top preferred destination for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Malaysia, check the eligibility below.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Medium of Teaching
|NMC & WHO
|NEET Entrance Exam
|NEET Qualified (Only)
Documents Required for MBBS in Malaysia
Before applying to medical colleges in Malaysia, do not forget to carry all these related documents with you.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Malaysia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi4.
- Legalization of all documents from the Malaysian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st-year Tuition fee.
- Medical Fitness documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Malaysia
Before going to Malaysia for Medical, studies compare the MBBS in Malaysia Syllabus of some of Malaysia’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|Medical Science, Cardiovascular System, Basic Mechanism of Disease, and Hematology System.Medical Science, Cardiovascular System, Basic Mechanism of Disease, and Hematology System.
|Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Nervous System, Gastro-Intestinal System & Nutrition, Reproductive System, Musculoskeletal System, and Endocrine & Metabolism.
|Medical Posting, Primary Care and Medicine Posting, Surgery Posting, Dermatology Posting, Obstetrics and gynaecology System, and Community Health Posting.
|Medical Posting Surgery Posting Primary Care Medicine Posting Orthopedics Posting Psychiatry Posting Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Critical & Palliative Care Medicine Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology Forensic Medicine.
|Medical Posting, Surgery Posting, Obstetrics and Gynecology Posting, Pediatrics Posting, Orthopedics Posting, Psychiatry Posting
MBBS Colleges in Malaysia
Here is the list of NMC-approved medical universities for MBBS in Malaysia; the list is mentioned below.
|Name of University
|Asia Metropolitan University
|University of Cyberjaya
|International Medical University
|Lincoln University College
|Management & Science University
|Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
|Quest International University
|Universiti Sains Malaysia
|University of Malaya
Top MBBS Colleges in Malaysia with Fee Structure
Below is the updated list of 2024-25 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Malaysia officially made by the Medical Council of India. To get detailed info on MBBS in Malaysia fee structure, courses offered, admission procedure, placement stats, cut-off, and facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or read more. It will list the best medical colleges for MBBS in Malaysia.
|Name of Colleges
|International Medical University Malaysia
|Mahsa University Malaysia
|Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
|AIMST University Malaysia
|Manipal University College Malaysia
Top MBBS Colleges in Malaysia with Fees Structure( Tuition Fees + Hostel Fees) Graphical Representation
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Malaysia
Do you know Education in Malaysia is overseen by the Ministry of Education? The Country has 43 universities, 31 private universities, nine foreign university branch campuses and 414 private colleges. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Malaysia. Here are just a few:
Advantages of studying MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to institutions recognized by the Medical Council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in Malaysia can complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals worldwide.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Malaysia for Indian Students
- As Malaysian is the local language in Malaysia, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Malaysian Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Other MBBS Options For Pursuing MBBS Abroad:
|MBBS in Russia
|MBBS in Nepal
|MBBS in Tajikistan
|MBBS in Georgia
|MBBS in Armenia
|MBBS in Kazakhstan
|MBBS in Bangladesh
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
|MBBS in Egypt
|MBBS in Uzbekistan
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Which country is the cheapest for Indian students to study abroad?
Norway, Malaysia, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium and Denmark are the cheapest countries for Indian students to study abroad.
How long is the MBBS course in Malaysia?
The MBBS course in Malaysia takes a total of 5 years to complete.
Is IELTS mandatory for MBBS in Malaysia?
No, IELTS is not mandatory to pursue MBBS in Malaysia. However, the student should learn English.
Is an MBBS degree from Malaysia accepted in India?
MBBS degree from Malaysia is accepted worldwide.
Are Scholarships available to the Students?
Malaysia doesn’t have too many international scholarships for students. However, if you are good at academics, you will get scholarships to cover your tuition fees, air expenses, and living expenses.
Is Malaysia safe for International Students?
MBBS in Malaysia is safe for all international students, but you shouldn’t venture alone after midnight. There have been a few reports of robbery, especially in the tourist areas.