MBBS in Kyrgyzstan: Not everyone can go to Kyrgyzstan to study, but what if we tell you the second-best thing? Kyrgyzstan, commonly known as Switzerland of Central Asia, is covered by 80% of the mountains. When it comes to studying medicine, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan has become quite famous among Indian medical students due to its top-notch medical institutions, offering quality and affordable education. Kyrgyzstan is one of the top 10 MBBS study-abroad destinations at a low cost.
Kyrgyzstan MBBS Colleges are recognised by some of the world’s elite bodies, such as WHO, NMC and UNESCO. If you are interested in completing your MBBS study in Kyrgyzstan, do not forget to check out this article, as it will be all about MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
1. Quick facts
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Admission Process
4. Document Required
5. MBBS Syllabus
6. Medical Colleges in Kyrgyzstan
7. Country Summary
8. Pros & Cons
9. Frequently Asked Question
Kyrgyzstan is officially called the Kyrgyz Republic. It is also known as Kirghizia, a country in Central Asia. Kyrgyzstan is a landlocked country with mountainous terrain. Kazakhstan borders it to the north, Uzbekistan to the west and southwest, Tajikistan to the southwest and Kyrgyzstan to the east.
|Area||199,951 km2 (77,202 sq mi)|
|Language||Official State Language: Kyrgyz|
Other Languages: Russian, Uzbek
|Literacy Rate||99.5 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+6 (KGT)|
|Currency||Som (c) (KGS)|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian Students, let’s look at Quick facts about MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
|Kyrgyzstan MBBS duration||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects with |
50% in 10+2 (UR), 45% (SC/OBC/ST)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||MCI & WHO accredited|
|Cost of Living in Kyrgyzstan||310 USD/ Month|
|Minimum Course Fee||1.60 Lacs/ year|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Kyrgyzstan at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor|
Recognition of Kyrgyzstan Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition, and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Kyrgyzstan.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Kyrgyzstan has always been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before December 31 of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR), 45% (SC/OBC/ST)|
|IELTS or TOEFL||IELTS or TOEFL score not required|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
If you want Admission to Kyrgyzstan, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
Before admission to MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian Students, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Kyrgyzstan.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Kyrgyzstan MBBS fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Kyrgyzstan
Before going to Kyrgyzstan for Medical Studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities in Kyrgyzstan.
|1st Year||Ophthalmology, Histology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Anatomy,|
Toxicology, Pathology, Physiology
|2nd Year||Physiology, Analogy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Histology|
Top MBBS Colleges in Kyrgyzstan with Fees Structure
Kyrgyzstan MBBS Colleges are recognised by some of the world’s elite bodies, such as WHO, NMC and UNESCO. Here is the list of Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan with their Fee Structure.
|S.No.||Name of the University||Tuition Fees /Year||Hostel Fees / Year|
|1||Asian Medical Institute||4,40,000 INR||48,000 INR|
|2||International School of Medicine, Bishkek||4,48,000 INR||40,000 INR|
|3||Jalal-Abad State University, Jalal-Abad||4,40,000 INR||40,000 INR|
|4||Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University||5,20,000 INR||48,000 INR|
|5||Kyrgyz State Medical Academy||3,15,000 INR||39,000 INR|
|6||LN Medical College Kyrgyzstan||3,00,000 INR||N/A|
|7||Osh State University Medical Faculty Kyrgyzstan||4,000 US $||600 US $|
NOTE: Above mentioned fee is approximate and is subject to change.
Top MBBS Colleges in Kyrgyzstan with Fee Structure (Graphical Representation)
Comparison between MBBS in Kyrgyzstan & MBBS in India
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan||MBBS in India|
|The cost of studying medicine in Kyrgyzstan is relatively low.||The cost of studying medicine in India is relatively high.|
|MBBS course duration in Kyrgyzstan is 5 & 6 years.||The duration of the MBBS course in India is 6 years.|
|An entrance test is not mandatory in almost every university in Kyrgyzstan.||Entrance test required.|
|A donation is not required at the time of admission.||Various colleges in India take donations for admission to medical courses.|
|Degree awarded as MD in Medicine.||Degree awarded as MBBS in Medicine.|
Read also: MBBS in Abroad 2023
Pros & Cons
Do you know Education in Kyrgyzstan is compulsory for nine years, between ages seven and 15? Following four years of primary and five years of lower secondary school, the system offers two years of upper secondary school, specialized secondary school, or vocational/technical school. The Ministry of Education and Science (MES) is in charge of education in Kyrgyzstan. Budget cuts that have reduced teacher salaries and equipment availability are reflected disproportionately in decreasing numbers of female students. There are both advantages and disadvantages of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, some of which are listed below:
Advantages of studying in Kyrgyzstan
- No Entrance test is required to study at the Medical Universities of Kyrgyzstan (Only a NEET Qualification is enough).
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those institutions recognized by the Medical Council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- The tuition fees and cost of living are quite low and affordable.
- Elite bodies like WHO and NMC acknowledge medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Government hospitals in Kyrgyzstan offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Kyrgyzstan
- As Kyrgyz is the local language in Kyrgyzstan, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Kyrgyz Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Popular countries for Indian students to pursue MBBS are Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Russia, and Ukraine.
Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Is an MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan valid in India?
Yes, the MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan is valid in India. The Kyrgyzstan medical universities are authorized and approved by WHO and UNESCO as well as by NMC.
How much does it cost to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
The cost of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan might cost you somewhere around 20-30 lakh.
Kyrgyzstan MBBS degree valid in which countries?
The Kyrgyzstan medical universities are authorized and approved by WHO and UNESCO as well as by NMC. The MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan is valid across the globe.