Do you wish to study MBBS Abroad yet don’t want to cross seven oceans for it and be near your homeland? Then girls and guys, MBBS in Nepal is just your target. Earning a place among the world’s top-notch medical institutions, MBBS In Nepal is an ideal destination for providing quality and affordable medical education. Studying MBBS in Nepal comes among the Top 10 Countries for Indian Students to Study MBBS Abroad at Low Cost.
Best Medical Universities, accreditation from some of the world’s major organisations, like WHO, UNESCO and NMC, Nepal MBBS Colleges truly is a précis of education at its best. So, if young aspirants want to study MBBS In Nepal 2023-24, don’t forget to read the complete articles as we will discuss every aspect.
1. Quick Facts
2. MBBS in Nepal 2023 Fact Check
3. Eligibility Criteria
4. Admission Procedure
5. Documents Required
7. Top MBBS Colleges in Nepal
8. Country Summary
9. Pros & Cons
10. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Nepal, let’s look at Quick Facts.
Wants to Study MBBS Abroad from a top Country with low tution Fees? Subscribe Now!
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Courses Duration||5 Years + (1 Year Internship)|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English and Nepali|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Minimum Course Fee (Approx.)||8.10 Lakhs/ Year|
|Maximum Course Fee (Approx.)||9.50 Lakhs/ Year|
|Cost of Living in Nepal||5-10 Thousand/Month|
|Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|MBBS Nepal at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709233 (India)|
It is essential to learn about the country before opting for further education. As many people would know, Nepal is a country in Asia, extending along the southern slopes of the Himalayan mountain ranges. Nepal is wedged between two giants, India and China, and is situated between India to the east, south and west and the Tibet Autonomous Region of China to the north.
|Area||147,516 km2 (56,956 sq mi)|
|Climate||Warm, Dry summers & Fairly Severe Winters|
|Literacy Rate||63.9 Percent (males 76.4% & females 53.1%)|
|Time Zone||UTC+05:45 (Nepal Standard Time)|
|Currency||Nepalese rupee (NPR)|
|Religion||81.3% Hinduism, 9% of Buddhism, 4.4% Muslim, 3.1% Kirat, 1.4% of Christianity|
Recognition of Nepal Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition, and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Nepal MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Nepal.
- NMC (National Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
It is often the keen aim of every student to apply for admission to higher studies at a reputable university for medical education. In Nepal’s medical universities, many students are now pursuing MBBS degrees. For various reasons, Nepal’s medical universities dominate the list of student preferences. The primary factors that motivate Indian students to pursue MBBS in Nepal are the high-quality education provided; numerous diagnostics applied to learning; the chance to be innovative; or, more importantly, the disciplined faculty just as an ideal environment.
- The cost is one of the key benefits of studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian students. You will discover that the education cost is lower than some of India’s private medical schools.
- There are many top universities in Nepal that NMC and international organisations like the WHO recognise.
- English is the primary language of instruction in Nepal’s medical colleges. As a result, it won’t be difficult for Indian students to enrol on Nepal’s medical education.
- Nepal’s medical education quality is high, and this country’s universities have a strong academic basis.
Why Study MBBS in Nepal? ( Graphical Representation)
Nepal has become one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to Study MBBS in Nepal, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
If you want admission to Nepal, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before taking admission to Medical Colleges in Nepal, do not forget to carry all these related documents with you.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Nepal.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Nepal Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Nepal
Before going to Nepal for Medical Studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, NMC-approved MBBS Colleges.
|1st Year||Anatomy, Bio-chemistry, Physiology|
|2nd Year||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine,|
Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology,
Clinical postings inwards
Top MBBS Colleges in Nepal with Fee Structure
The updated list of 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Nepal is officially made by the Medical Council of India. For detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
|S.No.||Name of College||Tuition Fee (Total)*||Hostel Fee(Total)*|
|1||Patan Academy of Health Sciences Nepal||Rs. 30,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|2||Kathmandu University Nepal||Rs. 55,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|3||BP Koirala Institute of Health Science Dharan||Rs. 48,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|4||Tribhuvan University Nepal||Rs. 46,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|5||Manipal Medical College Nepal||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,60,000|
|6||KIST Medical College Lalitpur||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|7.||Nepalgunj Medical College||Rs. 60,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|8.||College of Medical Sciences Bharatpur||Rs. 58,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|9.||Nobel Medical College||Rs. 56,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|10.||Nepal Medical College||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|11.||Lumbini Medical College||Rs. 53,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|12.||Universal College of Medical Sciences Bhairahawa||Rs. 42,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|13.||Birat Medical College||Rs. 53,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|14.||Devdaha Medical College And Research Institute||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|15.||Chitwan Medical College||Rs. 52,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|16.||National Medical College||Rs. 62,50,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|17.||Gandaki Medical College||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
|18.||Janaki Medical College||Rs. 46,00,000||Rs. 6,00,000|
Top MBBS Colleges in Nepal with Fee Structure (Graphical Representation)
Future Career Opportunity After MBBS in Nepal
- Students can do Post Graduation after completing MBBS if they clear their respective county’s medical licence examination.
- Full assistance for the preparation of USMLE is available in colleges.
- Clinical rotation programs are conducted in any country.
- Indian students can return to India after passing the NEXT exam.
Pros & Cons
Do you know Education in Nepal is overseen by Nepal’s Ministry of Education? Yet, all universities and academies are publicly managed and supported by public funding. Nepal ranks 11th in countries of origin for international students in the United States. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Nepal. Here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Nepal
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to institutions recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Nepal don’t ask for any donations at the time of admission.
- The tuition fee is relatively low and affordable.
- Elite bodies like WHO and NMC acknowledge medical colleges in Nepal.
- The cost of living for students is relatively low too.
- Nepal MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Nepal provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Nepal medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
- Students become eligible to work in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Nepal offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Nepal
- As Nepal is the local language in Nepali, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Nepali Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Popular countries for Indian students to pursue MBBS are Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Russia, and Ukraine.
Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Can poor Indian students study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students.
Which country has the lowest fees for MBBS?
Russia, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh, China, Nepal and Ukraine are a few countries that provide low-cost MBBS education.
Is MBBS in Nepal Worth It for Indian Students?
Indeed, MBBS in Nepal is worth it for Indian students; Your MBBS desire may be considered ideal in Nepal. Among Indian medical students, Nepal is well known for offering high-quality education, an excellent medical framework, and practice-based learning at the most affordable price.
Can I study MBBS in Nepal without NEET?
The qualification exam for the Neet is difficult and competitive. However, certain colleges in Nepal also provide an MBBS degree without the NEET.
Neet qualified 2021.secured 202 marks.want to study mbbs in Nepal this yr 2023.possible?
Admission Query Call Now:9999-709-233
Is mbbs possible in Nepal without neet exam ? Also what is the fee structure for mbbs in Europe ? And is neet required in Europe ?
You can Contact the MBBS admission counsellor at 9999-709-233.