Studying MBBS in Russia is easy, cheap and flexible. The country probably has one of the Best Medical Universities and education systems in the world producing a literacy rate of 98% (exceeding most of the Western European countries). You can apply to approx 896 universities in 85 regions of Russia without giving any donation amount to the institute.
Russia has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine. These conditions make Russia a premiere destination for all Medical Aspirants in India. Throughout the article, we will get to know about various aspects of MBBS In Russia 2019 with all the pros and cons associated with it.
Russia also officially known as the Russian Federation is a country in northern Eurasia. It is a federal semi-presidential republic, comprising 83 federal subjects. The Russian Federation is the largest of the 21 republic that makes up the Commonwealth of Independent States. It occupies most of Eastern Europe and North Asia, stretching from the Baltic Sea in the west to the Pacific Ocean in the east and from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Black Sea and the Caucasus in the South. It is bordered by Norway and Finland in the Northwest, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland and Azerbaijan in the southwest and Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China and North Korea along the Southern Border.
|Population||143,912,690 based on the latest United Nations estimates.|
|Area||The largest country in the world is Russia with a land area of 16,376,870 Km² (6,323,142 mi²), equivalent to 11% of the total world’s landmass of 148,940,000 Km² (57,510,000 square miles).|
|Capital City||Moscow is the capital and most populous city of Russia, with 13.2 million residents within the city limits, 17 million within the urban area and 20 million within the metropolitan area. Moscow is one of Russia’s federal cities. Other largest cities are Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Novgorod, Samara, Kazan etc.|
|Language||Russian is the one and the only official state language, over 81% speak Russian Language and others speak the language in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc. Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN.|
|Climate||The climate of Russia can be described as highly continental influenced climate with warm to hot dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower and sometimes heavy snowfall.|
|Literacy Rate||The country with the highest literacy rate in Russia with almost 53% of the population has tertiary education. It is estimated that 95% of adults in Russia have higher secondary education and the country spends some 4.9% of GDP on education.|
|Time Zone||UTC + 2:30|
|Currency||Russian Ruble (RUB)|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism etc.|
MBBS in Russia 2019 Fact Check;
Russian higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Russia a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test at the majority of Russian universities. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Russia for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- The cities of Russia are much safer than one can consider for a safe medical destination, but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid bad neighbourhoods in your city.
- The safety standards can be best understood by the fact that you can go out alone at 2 am in any Russian city.
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Russia may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
- In recent time, the Russian authorities have taken a hard line against skinhead activities that were once happening in the country. Thus the danger of getting attacked by a xenophobic gang is less likely than it was in the early 2000s.
MBBS in Russia Eligibility Condition
Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study mbbs in Russia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year. |
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR) |
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium) |
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Russia
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Russia is very simple, basic and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college in Russia, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Russia.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Russia. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of Russia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Russia
Before going to Russia for Medical studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Russia. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Russia are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Russia.
Recognition of Russian Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Russia are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Russia.
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
Top MBBS Colleges in Russia
Here are the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Russia officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
Astrakhan State Medical University
Belgorod State National Research University
V. I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University
Dagestan State Medical University
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
Courses Offered: MBBS (6 Years)
Average Fee: 3,80,000 ₽ (First Year)
Admission Process: click here.
College Profile: Click Here
Irkutsk State Medical University
Ivanovo State Medical Academy
Izhevsk State Medical Academy
Kabardino Balkarian State University
Kazan Federal University
MBBS in Russia Fees Structure;
Hopefully; Russia stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Russia are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, UNESCO, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Russia is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Russia.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year||Hostel Fees / Year|
|Altai State Medical University||3700 USD||500 USD|
|Kursk State Medical University||5100 USD||1000 USD|
|Dagestan State Medical University||3000 USD||1000 USD|
|Syktyvkar State Medical University||4250 USD||1200 USD|
|Far Eastern Federal University||3000 USD||1000 USD|
|Tambov State University||4200 USD||1200 USD|
|Kuban State Medical University||3500 USD||700 USD|
|Volgograd State Medical University||6000 USD||1100 USD|
|Kazan State Medical University||7000 USD||600 USD|
|Bashkir State Medical University||3500 USD||900 USD|
|Crimean Federal University||4250 USD||600 USD|
|First Moscow State Medical University||10000 USD||1800 USD|
|People’s Friendship University of Russia||7000 USD||1200 USD|
|Kazan Federal University||5500 USD||1000 USD|
|Mari State University||3200 USD||800 USD|
|Northern State Medical University||4000 USD||700 USD|
|Novosibirsk State Medical University||5000 USD||900 USD|
|Orenburg State Medical University||4000 USD||1000 USD|
|Perm State Medical University||4500 USD||1200 USD|
|Ryazan State Medical University||4500 USD||900 USD|
|Siberian State Medical University||3000 USD||500 USD|
|Voronezh State Medical University||2500 USD||800 USD|
|St. Petersburg State Medical University||5500 USD||1600 USD|
Disclaimer: The above-mentioned fees structure is approximate in nature and may be scheduled to change. The Mess charges are compulsory for all medical students.
Pros & Cons;
Do you know? According to OECD, Russia has the most educated population in the world, outperforming Canada, Japan, Israel and the USA. More than half of Russians have higher education qualification. More than 200,000 people from 168 countries come to study at Russian universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Russia, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Russia
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Russia (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Russia don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Russia are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Russia’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Russia provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Russian medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Russia offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Russia
- As Russian is the local language in Russia, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Russian Language after the class hour.
- The entire Visa process for Russia is very tough as it takes more than two months after document submission to the concern embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
FAQs for Studying MBBS in Russia;
Q1. MBBS in Russia, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of-course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Russia. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q2. When does the academic year start in Russian Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Russian medical university starts from 1st September.
Q3. Is student visa a mandatory in Russia?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Russia.
Q4. Can a student get an education loan for medical program in Russia?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q5. How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI don’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q7. Can a student do an internship from India after completing medical program in Russia?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening Test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q9. Is the Russian Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Russian medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
- Medical (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Dental (BDS/MDS) Colleges in India
- Ayurveda (BAMS) Colleges in India
- Homoeopathic Medical (BHMS) Colleges in India
- Unani Medical (BUMS) Colleges in India
- Yoga Science (BNYS) Colleges in India
- Siddha Medical (BSMS) Colleges in India
- Veterinary (BVSC) Colleges in India
- Nursing (B.Sc) Colleges in India
- Physiotherapy (BPT/MPT) Colleges in India
- Pharmacy (B.Pharm/M.pharm) Colleges in India
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!