Nestled in the heart of Siberia, Tomsk State University stands as the venerable titan of higher education in Russian Asia, tracing its roots back to 1878 when it established itself in Tomsk, Russia. Recognized as one of the premier institutions for MBBS studies in Russia, TSU holds the distinction of being the inaugural Siberian Imperial University, marking the ninth university in the Russian academic landscape and pioneering higher education in Siberia. The blueprint for Tomsk State University drew inspiration from the intellectual framework crafted by the renowned German philosopher Wilhelm von Humboldt.
TSU’s reputation as a beacon of knowledge extends beyond its historical significance. Renowned for conducting groundbreaking research in physics, mathematics, and materials science, Tomsk State University has attracted the brilliance of Nobel laureates such as Ivan Pavlov, Dmitry Mendeleev, and Lev Landau, leaving an indelible mark on its academic tapestry. TSU’s global imprint is further accentuated by its close collaborations with prestigious international institutions, including the University of Cambridge, Harvard University, and the Max Planck Society. In the crucible of academic exploration, Tomsk State University continues to thrive, bridging the realms of tradition and innovation.
Before we complete the college Summary, let us look at the essential details of Tomsk State University.
|Name of Institute
|Tomsk State University
|Tomsk Oblast, Russia
|Year of Establishment
|Dr. Eduard V. Galazhinsky
|No. of Students
|Medium of Teaching
|English & Russian
|Ministry of Education and Science Russia
|USD- $ 3,453 (Per-Annual)
INR- Rs. 2,86,665/- (Per-Annual)
(Source: Edurank )
|February Intake – September Intake
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Medical Colleges in Russia
Affiliation and Recognition
Tomsk State University has been affiliated with and recognized by various medical council bodies.
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
This section will provide you with information about the faculties at TSU Russia
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Biomedicine
- Department of Distance Learning
- Institute of integrative health care
Tomsk State University Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|6 Years (English Medium)
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Why Study MBBS at Tomsk State University?
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in the whole of Russia due to affordable fees & English medium courses.
- The University has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium for more than 5 years now.
- The faculty of TSU Russia is well-trained and disciplined, and the degrees provided are global recognition.
- Seven major cities in Siberia reasonably requested the honour of founding a university. Tomsk won.
If you want to take Tomsk State University admission, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET) for Indian students.
Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at Tomsk State University, check the Tomsk State University eligibility below.
|Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before taking admission to Tomsk State University, please carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of Tomsk State University Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fees Structure 2024-25
The Tomsk State University fees & Tomsk State University tuition fees for international students are mentioned in this section.
|Fees (Per Year)
|Hostel & Meals
NOTE: The mentioned fee may be subject to change*.
According to Edurank, The Tomsk State University ranking in Russia and all over the world:
|Tomsk State University Country Ranking
|Tomsk State University World Ranking
Advantages of MBBS in Russia
About Moscow City
- The city stands on the Moskva River in Central Russia.
- The population of Moscow is 1.19 crores; Moscow is among the world’s largest cities, being the most populous city entirely in Europe.
- Moscow has a humid continental climate (Köppen classification Dfb) with warm, sometimes hot, somewhat humid summers and long, cold winters.
- Today Moscow is not only the political centre of Russia but also the country’s most populous city and industrial, cultural, scientific, and educational capital.
Tomsk State University
Address: Lenin Ave, 36, Tomsk, Tomsk Oblast, Russia, 634050
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Tomsk University good?
TSU Russia is ranked #977 in Best Global Universities. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Where is TSU Russia located?
Lenin Ave, 36, Tomsk, Tomsk Oblast, Russia, 634050.
Does TSU Russia accept transferees?
TSU Russia accept transferees on a case-to-case basis.