Astrakhan State Medical University is one of the oldest and most prestigious Medical universities in Russia. This university was founded on November 9, 1918, and is located in Astrakhan. Astrakhan is a city in the southeast of European Russia. Astrakhan State Medical University was formerly known as Astrakhan State Pedagogical University. Most Indian students dream of doing an MBBS in Russia.
Astrakhan State Medical University can cover more than 30,000 students yearly for medical education. Astrakhan State Medical University provides high-quality education. The college offers the best teaching standards and hands-on practice through its well-equipped hospitals and tertiary care units. The course fee in this college is extremely affordable, and the college offers excellent accommodation facilities with access to Indian Food.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Eligibility Criteria
6. Fees Structure
8. Ranking & Reputation
9. Contact Details
10. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Astrakhan State Medical University
Astrakhan State Medical University functions in various departments and has many faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Russian national economy. The staff embraces 100+ doctors who teach Russian and English medical subjects.
Astrakhan State Medical University College Summary
Before we complete the college Summary, let us look at the essential details of Astrakhan State Medical University.
|Name of Institute||Astrakhan State Medical University|
|Year of Establishment||1918|
|Location||Ulitsa Mechnikova, 18, Astrakhan, Astrakhan Oblast, Russia, 414000|
|Language of Teaching||English/Russian|
|No. Of Faculties||10|
|Affiliation||Ministry of Education and Science Russia|
|Approved||NMC (National Medical Commission), WHO|
|Astrakhan State Medical University Official Website||http://astgmu.ru/|
|MBBS Russia at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Admission Starts||February, September|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91 88596 37232|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- Approved by: NMC, WHO
- Aid Status: State
Astrakhan State Medical University Student Support
The University Student Support is shown in the data below to the students who ensure their Astrakhan State Medical University admission.
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||NMC Screening Test Help Centre|
Astrakhan State Medical University Facilities
The University Facilities are shown in the data mentioned below to the students who ensure their Astrakhan State Medical University admission:-
Note: Astrakhan State Medical University Hostel provides students with well-furnished rooms once every three days; cleaning service is provided through the hostel charges. The Astrakhan State Medical University Application form can be provided to students through the official website of Astrakhan State Medical University.
Read also: Benefits of studying MBBS in Russia here.
Astrakhan State Medical University 2021 FMGE Passing Rate
Astrakhan State Medical University Courses Offered
Astrakhan State Medical University Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. This College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs.
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
List of Faculty
- Medical Faculty
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Faculty of Foreign Students
- Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
- Faculty of Secondary Vocational Education (College of Medicine)
Why Study MBBS At Astrakhan State Medical University?
- Astrakhan State Medical University is Russia’s oldest medical university, offering internationally recognized medical degrees.
- Tuition and hostel fees at Astrakhan State Medical Academy University are both reasonable.
- There are excellent educational facilities available.
- International events are organized at Astrakhan State Medical University, providing students with valuable experience.
- Russia accepts medical students from more than 60 countries.
Astrakhan State Medical University Admission Procedure
If you want admission to Astrakhan State Medical University, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study in Russia, remember some points about the admission for MBBS in Russia.
In this section, all the students check the eligibility Criteria of Astrakhan State Medical University.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
|Low Budget Abroad In MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Astrakhan State Medical University Documents Required
Before taking admission at Astrakhan State Medical University, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Russia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of Astrakhan State Medical University Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Astrakhan State Medical University Fees Structure
In this section, all the MBBS Students get information about Astrakhan State Medical University fees structure. Check all the relevant queries regarding Astrakhan State Medical University fees following this page, Low fees for MBBS Colleges in Russia.
|Particulars||1st Year||2nd to 6th Years||Fees for Indian Students|
|Tuitions Fees (Approx)||5860 USD||4020 USD||Rs. 4,35,691 /-|
|Hostel Fees Rs. (Approx)||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 40,000/-||Rs. 40,000 /-|
Note: The mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change. The Astrakhan State Medical University fees for Indian Students are mentioned by converting USD into INR.
Astrakhan State Medical University Ranking
According to Unirank, Astrakhan State Medical University ranking in Russia and throughout the world.
|Country Rank||World Rank|
MBBS Syllabus in Russia
Before applying for Astrakhan State Medical University, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of Russia’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Russia are as follows.
|1st year||1st semester||Anatomy|
|2nd semester||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd year||3rd semester||Histology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Pathology|
|4th semester||Biochemistry, Micro-Biology, Physiology|
|3rd year||5th semester||Pathology, Pharmacology, Micro-Biology, Path physiology|
|6th semester||Pathology, Path Physiology, and Pharmacology, Genetics|
|4th-6th year||7th-12th semester||General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Ranking and Reputation
This section is Astrakhan State Medical University Ranking all around Russia and throughout the world. The stated data is given below:-
|Name of Institute||Astrakhan State Medical University|
The Russian Federation is the largest of the 21 republics that make up the Commonwealth of Independent States. It occupies most of Eastern Europe and North Asia, stretching from the Baltic Sea in the west to the Pacific Ocean in the east and from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Black Sea and the Caucasus in the South.
|Area||17,098,246 km2 (6,601,670 sq mi) (Source-Wikipedia)|
Other largest cities: Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Novgorod, Samara, Kazan etc.
Other Languages: Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir
|Climate||Continental is influenced by hot, dry summers and (very) cold winters (-30°C).|
|Literacy Rate||Male- 99.7%, Female- 99.6% (Source-Wikipedia)|
|Time Zone||UTC + 2:30|
|Currency||Russian Ruble (RUB)|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism etc.|
About Astrakhan City
- Astrakhan is a city on the Volga River in southern Russia.
- Astrakhan is a large industrial centre of the Volga country, Russia, with a population of 100,000.
- In Astrakhan, the summers are hot, dry, and mostly clear, and the winters are freezing, snowy, windy, and partly cloudy. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from 18°F to 91°F and is rarely below 2°F or above 100°F.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medicine. There is a whole range of reasons why MBBS is in Russian. Advantages and Disadvantages of studying in Russia:-
- The tuition Fee is very affordable compared to Indian Medical Colleges.
- Russian universities have the best and easiest admission procedures.
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges.
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University works with great professionals, doctors and researchers; that’s why Indian students will be admitted to Russia
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The University also has some disadvantages. These points are mentioned below.
- Local language: going to any foreign country means adjusting to the new country.
- Some students find it hard to adjust to Russia’s cold climate or weather. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months.
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture.
Astrakhan State Medical University
Address: Astrakhan, Bakinskaya, 121, Russia, 414000
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Astrakhan State Medical University located?
Astrakhan State Medical University is located along Astrakhan, Bakinskaya, 121, Russia, 414000.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Does Astrakhan State Medical University accept transferees?
Astrakhan State Medical University accept transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at Astrakhan State Medical University?
Yes, Astrakhan State Medical University does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
Is it possible to work while studying at Astrakhan Medical University, Russia?
Yes, it is possible to work while studying only if the student’s company agrees with the student’s situation.
Is Russia Safe for Indian Students?
MBBS in Russia is fully safe; a lot of students from India are going to Russia to study MBBS
How to do MBBS in Russia?
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English for eligibility for MBBS in Russia.