Manipal University College Malaysia (MUCM) was established in 1997 as Melaka-Manipal Medical College (MMMC). MMMC admitted its first batch of MBBS students in 1997 with the support of experienced medical educationists from MAHE, who helped in the implementation of the medical programme. This consistency in the quality of education is one of the reasons behind the strategic tie-up that resulted in the formation of MMMC, and it is a relationship that has proven extremely successful due to MMMC’s own vision of serving the nation by providing quality medical education and producing highly competent doctors.
In January 2021, MMMC was upgraded to University College status. Thus, births Manipal University College Malaysia (MUCM), the result of a long-standing and fruitful relationship between MMMC and the Malaysian Government to address the education needs of the nation by providing quality, affordable medical education while meeting all the requirements of the regulatory bodies
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Eligibility Criteria
5. Fee Structure
6. Country Summary
7. Contact Details
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
|Name of Institute||Manipal University College Malaysia(MUCM)|
|Popular Name||Melaka-Manipal Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||1997|
|Institute Type||Private University|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Georgia|
Admission Procedure for Indian Students
Malaysia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS/BDS at the Manipal University College Malaysia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years|
Before admission to Manipal University College Malaysia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Manipal University College Malaysia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Malaysian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Malaysia is a beautiful country with many highlights; many different regions, each with its characteristic features, make it the perfect destination for tourists. The government has two official languages, Malay and Malaysian. Malaysia is proud to be a multi-racial country living together peacefully.
|Capital City||Kuala Lumpur|
Other largest cities: George Town of Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Malacca City
|Climate||Tropical Weather Year Round|
|Literacy Rate||94.6 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|Currency||Ringgit (RM) (MYR)|
|Religion||61.3% Muslim, 19.8% Buddhism, 9.2% Christianity, 6.3% Hinduism, 1.3% Chinese folk-religionist|
About Melaka City
- Melaka is a state in Malaysia located in the southern region of the Malay Peninsula, next to the Strait of Malacca. Its capital is Malacca City, dubbed the Historic City, which has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 7 July 2008.
- The state is bordered by Negeri Sembilan to the north and west and Johor to the south. The exclave of Tanjung Tuan also borders Negeri Sembilan to the north. Its capital Malacca City is 148 kilometres (92 miles) southeast of Malaysia’s capital city Kuala Lumpur, 235 kilometres (146 miles) northwest of Johor’s largest city Johor Bahru and 95 km (59 miles) northwest of Johor’s second-largest city, Batu Pahat.
- A great diversity of races and ethnicities have long existed in the local community, reflecting its history. Malays, Chinese, Indians, Baba Nyonya, Kristang, Chitty and Eurasians are significant ethnic groups living in the State of Malacca in the present day.
Manipal University College Malaysia
Address: Jalan Batu Hampar, Bukit Baru, 75150 Melaka, Malaysia.
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q. Where is Manipal University College Malaysia located?
A. Jalan Batu Hampar, Bukit Baru, 75150 Melaka, Malaysia.
Q. Can non-Catholics study and work at the Manipal University College Malaysia?
Yes, Manipal University College Malaysia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- USD, Wikipedia
- Kuala Lumpur, Wikipedia