Nepalgunj Medical College proves the recommendation of the Nepal Medical Council, National Medical Commission, Shrilanka, and Medical Councils of SAARC and other countries. NGMC Nepal was established in 1996. The college started the MBBS course in 1997, the Nursing program in 2000, and the Postgraduate MD/MS in 2007. If you are an Indian student and want to pursue an MBBS in Nepal, then the Nepalgunj Medical College Kohalpur is the best choice.
Nepalgunj Medical College is one of the most famous higher medical education institutions. Throughout the article, we will share all the essential details for 2024-25 about Nepalgunj Medical College, like Faculty, courses offered, admission process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, ranking, etc.
Before we go through Nepalgunj Medical College detailed information, Let’s examine the college’s essential details.
|Name of Institute
|Nepalgunj Medical College
|Year of Establishment
|No. of Faculties
|Medium of Teaching
|Kathmandu University, Nepal
|MBBS, BDS, MD & MS
|INR: Rs. 5,60,000/-
|February Intake – September Intake
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Medical Colleges in Nepal
Affiliation and Recognition
These are the esteemed organizations that have granted recognition to NGMC in Nepal.
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- Kathmandu University, Nepal
Following is the list of faculties that Nepalgunj Medical College has to offer:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Allied Sciences
- Faculty of Public Health
- Faculty of Pharmacy
Nepalgunj Medical College Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. It is famous for its undergraduate medical programs.
Why Study MBBS at Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepal?
- Nepalgunj Medical College is recognized by the Nepal Medical Council (NMC) and affiliated with Kathmandu University.
- The college boasts a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who play a crucial role in shaping the future of medical professionals.
- The college is affiliated with reputable hospitals, providing ample opportunities for clinical training and hands-on experience, a vital aspect of medical education.
- Access to modern facilities, laboratories, and clinical training centers.
- Seamless transition for further education, licensure, and employment opportunities in India.
- Supportive environment for Indian students with various student services and facilities.
- Affordable tuition fees compared to many other medical universities abroad.
If you want admission to Nepalgunj Medical College, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET) for Indian Students.
Check the eligibility criteria below if you want to study MBBS at the NGMC.
|Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before admission to Medical Colleges in Nepalgunj Medical College Nepal, do not forget to carry all these related documents with you.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Nepal.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Nepal Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fee Structure 2024-25
The fee structure of the Nepalgunj Medical College fees structure for Indian students for the undergraduate medical course is shown in the section. Hence, for the Nepalgunj Medical College MBBS fee, the data is given below:-
Nepalgunj Medical College ranking in Nepal and all over the world:
|Nepalgunj Medical College Country Ranking
|Nepalgunj Medical College World Ranking
Advantages of MBBS in Nepal
About Chisapani City
- Chisapani is a small hill station located on the northern outskirts of Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Nepal.
- It is a small village which is full of beauty and adventure
- The Chisapani purpose of Village Development Committees is to organise village people structurally at a local level and to create a partnership between the community and the public sector for an improved service delivery system.
Nepalgunj Medical College
Address: Chisapani Banke Baijanath 1, Chisapani, 00977, Nepal.
Official Website: https://ngmc.edu.np/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Nepalgunj Medical College located?
NGMC Nepal Address is Chisapani Banke Baijanath 1 Chisapani, 00977, Nepal.
What is the MBBS course duration at Nepalgunj Medical College?
The MBBS course duration at Nepalgunj Medical College is 5.5 Years.
Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically intelligent students.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of studying for MBBS in Nepal?
Advantages: NMC Approved Universities, Affordable Fee
Disadvantages: Language Barrier, Lack of Practical Experience