Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia established an international branch campus, Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed), in Johor, Malaysia, in 2011. By choosing to study at NUMed Malaysia, students will obtain a reputable UK qualification, from an internationally recognized university, at a cost significantly less than looking for the same degrees in the UK. Students are pursuing various studies in Bachelor’s, Master and Doctoral programs at this University. NMC, WHO, UNESCO etc. The MBBS program provided at Newcastle is identical to Newcastle’s UK-based provision and leads to the award of the same degrees conferred by Newcastle University, UK.
Newcastle University Medicine has become one of only 18 universities globally and only two in the UK to achieve five plus QS Stars from QS Quacquarelli Symonds, the first international assessment. It is one of the recognized universities to pursue an MBBS in Malaysia. The university is also recognized as the best British university for medicine in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and The Complete University Guide 2018, Rankings by Subject 2017.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Eligibility Criteria
5. Fee Structure
6. Country Summary
7. Contact Details
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we go through the detailed information about Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, let’s look at the college’s essential details.
|Name of Institute||Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia|
|Popular Name||Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NuMed Malaysia)|
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. Of Faculties||09|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Malaysia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||–|
The Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|(MBBS)||6 Years (English Medium)|
Malaysia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Georgian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before admission to Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Malaysian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
This section shows the Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NuMed Malaysia) s structure and fees for Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia MBBS. The stated data is given below:-
Malaysia is a beautiful country with many highlights; many different regions, each with its characteristic features, make it the perfect destination for tourists. The government has two official languages, Malay and Malaysian. Malaysia is proud to be a multi-racial country living together peacefully.
|Capital City||Kuala Lumpur|
|Climate||Tropical Weather Year Round|
|Literacy Rate||94.6 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|Currency||Ringgit (RM) (MYR)|
|Religion||61.3% Muslim, 19.8% Buddhism, 9.2% Christianity, 6.3% Hinduism, 1.3% Chinese folk-religionist|
About Johor City
- Johor is a state of Malaysia in the south of the Malay Peninsula. Johor has land borders with the Malaysian states of Pahang to the north and Malacca and Negeri Sembilan to the northwest.
- The total land area of Johor is nearly 19,166 square kilometres (7,400 sq mi), and the South China Sea surrounds it to the east, the Straits of Johor to the south and the Straits of Malacca to the west.
- Johor’s culture has been influenced by different ethnicities throughout history, especially by the Arabs, Bugis and Javanese people, with the state also becoming a mixture of different cultures among the Chinese, Indian, Malay and aboriginal people.
Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
Address: 1 Jalan Sarjana 1, Educity, 79200 Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia located?
Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia is located at 1 Jalan Sarjana 1, Educity, 79200 Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia.
Can non-Catholics study and work at Newcastle University Medicine?
Yes, Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
Does Newcastle University Medicine accept transferees?
Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
- Johor, Wikipedia
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- Kuala Lumpur, Wikipedia