International Medical University Malaysia is Malaysia’s first and most established private medical and healthcare university, with over 22 years of dedicated focus on healthcare education. The University is the first university in Malaysia that offers conventional and complementary medicine, all under one roof. International Medical University Malaysia Established in 1992, the University enjoys an international reputation and provides a high standard of education at pre-university, undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development levels. Its undergraduate programmes consist of local tracks (IMU degree) and international partner tracks (partner university degree).
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Eligibility Criteria
5. Fee Structure
6. Country Summary
7. Contact Details
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
|Name of Institute||International Medical University Malaysia|
|Popular Name||International Medical University|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Institute Type||Private University|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. Of Faculties||09|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Malaysia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||–|
|(MBBS)||6 Years (English Medium)|
Malaysia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the International Medical University Malaysia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Georgian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before admission to the International Medical University Malaysia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the International Medical University Malaysia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Malaysian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
|Minimum Fees||$15000 per year|
|Maximum Fees||$22,000 per year|
|Cost of living in Malaysia||$ 250 to 500 per month|
Malaysia is a beautiful country with many highlights; many different regions, each with its characteristic features, make it the perfect destination for tourists. The government has two official languages, Malay and Malaysian. Malaysia is proud to be a multi-racial country living together peacefully.
|Capital City||Kuala Lumpur|
Other largest cities: George Town of Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Malacca City
|Climate||Tropical Weather Year Round|
|Literacy Rate||94.6 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|Currency||Ringgit (RM) (MYR)|
|Religion||61.3% Muslim, 19.8% Buddhism, 9.2% Christianity, 6.3% Hinduism, 1.3% Chinese folk-religionist|
About Kuala Lumpur City
- Kuala Lumpur, officially the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and colloquially referred to as KL, is a federal territory and Malaysia’s capital city.
- It is one of the fastest growing cities in Asia and the largest city in Malaysia, covering an area of 243 km2 (94 sq mi).
- It is among Southeast Asia’s fastest-growing metropolitan regions, both in population and economic development.
- The city serves as Malaysia’s cultural, financial, and economic centre.
International Medical University Malaysia
Address: 126, Jln Jalil Perkasa 19, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Where is International Medical University Malaysia located?
International Medical University Malaysia is located along 126, Jln Jalil Perkasa 19, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Can non-Catholics study and work at the International Medical University Malaysia?
Yes, International Medical University Malaysia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
Does the International Medical University Malaysia accept transferees?
International Medical University Malaysia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
- International Medical University Malaysia, Wikipedia
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- Kuala Lumpur, Wikipedia
Click here for more Education News