Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) was established in the year 1961. IIT Delhi was declared to be Institute of National Importance by Government of India under Institutes of Technology Act. The College is popularly known as IIT Delhi. It was approved by All India Council Of Technical Education (AICTE). The campus is situated at Hauz Khas in Delhi. The campus is spread over 325 acres of land.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Popular Name||IIT Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1961|
|Category||IIT Colleges in India|
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement
- Affiliated with: Autonomous
- Approved by: AICTE
- Aid Status: Public
- Central Research Facilities
- Separate Hostels for Girls and Boys college bus for a day
- Canteen & Cafeteria
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Wi-fi enabled campus
- 24 hrs Internet facilities
- College Bus for Day scholars and Hostilities
- Soft skill and English communication Lab
- Industrial Tour
- Yoga and Meditation Centre
- Blazer and Uniforms
- High Performing Computer Lab
- Nano-Scale Research Facility
|Computer Science & Engineering||4 Year|
|Textile Technology||4 Year|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 Year|
|Electrical Engineering||4 Year|
|Civil Engineering||4 Year|
|Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology||4 Year|
|Engineering Physics||4 Year|
|Mathematics and Computing||4 Year|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||4 Year|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|B.Tech and M.Tech||5 years|
|Master Of Science||2 years|
|Master of Design (Industrial Design)||2 years|
|Master of Technology||2 years|
|Master of Science||2 years|
|PG Diploma in Civil Engineering||1 year|
- For Admission in UG, Candidate will have to clear JEE (Advanced) Entrance Examination or JEE Main. Admission in UG Courses is based on JEE Advanced Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, Candidate will have to clear GATE Entrance Examination.
- For Admission in MBA, Candidate will have to clear CAT Entrance Examination.
- For Admission in M.Sc, Candidate will have to clear IIT-JAM Entrance Examination.
- Admission Seeker must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
For UG Courses
- At least 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks in 10+2 or in the top 20 percentiles in the respective 10+2 board examination.
- Score in JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.
For PG Courses
- M.Sc: Candidate must have 55% in a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (50% for SC / ST / PWD categories).
- A Valid Score in JAM.
- MBA: Candidate must have at least 60% marks in Graduation.
- Score in CAT followed by an interview.
Candidate can get direct admission in Private Engineering Colleges / Universities through RM Group of Education. Click below to know more.
Note: Our Team has successfully collaborated with hundreds of Colleges & University in India & Abroad to give you hassle-free admission experiences. Call Now to get the best counseling experience.
|Bachelor Of Technology||3,60,000/-|
|B.Tech & M.Tech||4,50,000/-|
- IIT Delhi provides 100% Tuition Fee waiver for SC/ST/PH students.
- Full remission of the Tuition Fee for General & OBC students whose family income is less than Rs.1 lakh per annum. and 2/3 tuition fee of GEN/OBC their family income 1lakh to 5 lakh
The IIT Delhi Cutoff is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses. The Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of applying candidates, total numbers of seats and last year admission record.
JEE Advance 2018 Cutoff
|Category||Minimum Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Aggregate Marks||Minimum Aggregate Marks (Revised)|
|Common rank list (CRL)||12||126||90|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||6||63||45|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||6||64||45|
|SC-PwD rank list||6||64||45|
|ST-PwD rank list||6||64||45|
|Preparatory course rank lists||3||32||23|
JEE Advanced 2017 Cut-off (Category wise)
Now have a look at the previous year JEE Advanced Cutoff score for IIT.
|Category||PwD Status||Rank List||Minimum Marks in Each Subject||Minimum |
|OBC-NCL||Any||OBC-NCL rank list||10||115|
|SC||Any||SC rank list||6||64|
|ST||Any||ST rank list||6||64|
|OBC-NCL||Yes||OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||6||64|
|SC||Yes||SC-PwD rank list||6||64|
|ST||Yes||ST-PwD rank list||6||64|
Minimum inclusion marks required for JEE Advanced Rank List 2017
|S.No.||Rank List||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|1.||Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|2.||OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|3.||SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|4.||ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|5.||Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|6.||OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|7.||SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|8.||ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|9.||Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
The Institute is famous for it’s out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in the field of fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||IIT Delhi|
- QS (World) (2019): 172
- IIT Delhi was ranked 2nd among Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (2019).
- IIT Delhi was ranked 8th among Top 75 MBA Colleges in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (2018).
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Engineering College in Dehli NCR.
- JEE Main 2019: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
- JEE Advanced 2019: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
- GATE 2019: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
- CAT 2019: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India
- Top 15 Law Colleges in India
- Top 75 MBA Colleges in India
- Top 15 Architecture Colleges in India
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016, INDIA
Phone: 011 2659 7135
Official Website: www.iitd.ac.in
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck Students..!!!