University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh is a premier engineering college located in the Chandigarh, Punjab. It is also known as was UIET Chandigarh and it was established in the year 2002. UIET offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Master of Engineering (ME) courses are offered in various engineering fields, as well as full-time PhD courses.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Panjab University, Chandigarh like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure and much more…
JEE Mains Important Links
University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the University Institute of Engineering and Technology Chandigarh.
|Name of Institute||University Institute of Engineering and Technology Chandigarh|
|Popular Name||UIET Chandigarh|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Punjab University|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Category||Engineering College in Punjab|
Affiliations, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliation with: Punjab University
- Approved by: AICTE
- Aid Status: Public
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Wi-fi enabled campus
- 24 hrs Internet facilities
- College Bus for Day scholars and Hostilities
- Soft skill and English communication Lab
- Industrial Tour
- Yoga and Meditation Centre
- Blazer and Uniforms
- High Performing Computer Lab
- Nano-Scale Research Facility
Below we have mentioned the UIET Chandigarh Courses offered provides some of the quality programs under one roof.
|B.E Biotechnology||4 years|
|B.E Computer Science & Engineering||4 years|
|B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 years|
|B.E Electrical & Electronics Engineering||4 years|
|B.Tech Information & Technology||4 years|
|B.E Mechanical Engineering||4 years|
|M.Tech Biotechnology||2 years|
|M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||2 years|
|M.Tech (Electronics & Communication)||2 years|
|M.Tech Electrical & Electronics Engineering||2 years|
|M.Tech Information & Technology||2 years|
|M.Tech Mechanical Engineering||2 years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||3 Years|
|Electronics & Communication||3 Years|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||3 Years|
|Information & Technology||3 Years|
|Mechanical Engineering||3 Years|
- For Admission in UG, Courses Candidate will have to clear JEE Main Entrance Exam. Admission in UG Courses is based on JEE Main Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, Courses Candidate will have to clear Gate Entrance Exam.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year B.Tech Course.
- Candidate 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as Compulsory Subjects.
- In the case of BioTechnology Admission, 50% of the seats are filled on the basis of 10+2 marks merit.
- Admission Seekers must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks.
- A valid score in Gate and Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET).
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in M.E. / M.Tech / M.S. in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / IT or equivalent with valid GATE score or CSIR-NET.
- Admission in PhD courses of this institution is done on the basis of academic performance in graduation and post-graduation and University PhD entrance test. Qualifying candidates will be informed about the Selection Process.
Here, in this section, you can get the complete details of UIET Chandigarh Fee Structure
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)||Rs. 3,20,000/- (Total)|
|M.E./M.Tech all courses||Rs. 23988/-|
|M.E. All Courses||Rs. 22173/-|
The JEE Mains Cutoff is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses. The Cutoff will be based on various parameters like numbers of applying candidates, total numbers of seats and last year admission record.
JEE 2019 Cutoff
|Economically Weaker Section||71660|
The Institute is famous for it’s out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year some of the reputed companies in the field of fashion technology visit the campus to select the students for their company.
UG Courses Placement
|UG4 Years Program Placement & higher studies for previous 3 years|
|Academic Year||No. of Students||No. of Students Placed||Salary of placed Graduates|
PG Courses Placement
|PG 2 Years Program Placement & higher studies for previous 3 years|
|Academic Year||No. of Students||No. of Students Placed||Salary of placed Post Graduates|
Our Top Recruiters
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||UIET Chandigarh|
We would like to give this college 4.5 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Engineering Institute in Chandigarh.
University Institute of Engineering and Technology Chandigarh
Address: Sector 14,Chandigarh, U.T-160014, India
Phone: 911722534995/ +911722534968
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻 Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers