National Institute of Technology (NIT Durgapur), formerly known as Regional Engineering College, Durgapur was established in the year 1960 under an Act of the Parliament of India. It is one of the eight such colleges, as a co-operative venture between the Government of India and the Government of West Bengal.
NIT Durgapur is a fully-funded premier Technological Institution of the Government of India and is administered by an autonomous Board of Governors. The college was given autonomy in financial and administrative matters to achieve rapid development. The Institution is one of the Top 10 National Institute of Technology in India.
National Institute of Technology Durgapur
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of
National Institute of Technology Durgapur.
|Name of Institute||National Institute of Technology Durgapur|
|Popular Name||NIT Durgapur|
|Location||Durgapur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1960|
|Affiliated to||Autonomous University|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Postgraduate Courses|
|Category||NIT Colleges In India|
Affiliations, Reorganization, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Autonomous
- Approved by: UGC
- Institute Type: Autonomous
- Ragging Free Environment
- Modern Teaching Methodologies
- Intensive and Vigorous Study Schedule
- Video Conferencing Facility
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Yoga & Meditation Facilities.
- Central library.
- Separate girls’ and boys hostel
- Cultural and tech fest
|Chemical Engineering||4 Years|
|Civil Engineering||4 Years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||4 Years|
|Electrical Engineering||4 Years|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Years|
|Information Technology||4 Years|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 Years|
|Metallurgical Engineering||4 Years|
|Earth and Environmental Studies||2 Years|
|Management Studies||2 Years|
- For Admission in UG, Courses Candidate will have to clear JEE Main Entrance Exam. Admission in UG Courses is based on JEE Main Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, Courses Candidate will have to clear Gate Entrance Exam.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year B.Tech Course.
- Candidate 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as Compulsory Subjects.
- In the case of BioTechnology Admission, 50% of the seats are filled on the basis of 10+2 marks merit.
- Admission Seekers must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks.
- Valid score in Gate and Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET).
- Masters degree in respective disciplines with 60% aggregate marks.
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||1800|
|Electricity charges (per Semester)||400|
|Maintenance & Development Charge||1200|
|4-year B.Tech. Course|
|HS||Bio-Technology||19995 – 29633||28683 – 39708|
|HS||Chemical Engineering||13565 – 21141||20828 – 32483|
|HS||Civil Engineering||16741 – 34032||22654 – 36208|
|HS||Computer Science and Engineering||6119 – 7403||9869 – 14703|
|HS||Electrical Engineering||10841 – 10841||16045 – 24586|
|HS||Electronics and Communication Engineering||4597 – 10701||13643 – 20076|
|HS||Information Technology||11819 – 15250||17499 – 27133|
|HS||Mechanical Engineering||9293 – 11246||18682 – 29862|
|HS||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||21053 – 28384||24672 – 36880|
|OS||Bio-Technology||20206 – 32105||22979 – 37002|
|OS||Chemical Engineering||15452 – 22858||17174 – 26453|
|OS||Civil Engineering||12703 – 15324||16114 – 22588|
|OS||Computer Science and Engineering||4955 – 6574||6535 – 9003|
|OS||Electrical Engineering||8195 – 12485||11551 – 17653|
|OS||Electronics and Communication Engineering||3881 – 11015||9771 – 13486|
|OS||Information Technology||7491 – 9216||9216 – 12923|
|OS||Mechanical Engineering||10002 – 11827||12376 – 18241|
|OS||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||18706 – 23539||21829 – 32382|
|5-year B.Tech. + M.Tech. Dual Degree Course|
|HS||Biotechnology||24156 – 28898||24473 – 37721|
|HS||Chemical Engineering||18738 – 31068||18738 – 31068|
|OS||Biotechnology||14140 – 31565||14140 – 31565|
|OS||Chemical Engineering||17190 – 26476||17190 – 26476|
|Five-Year Integrated M.Sc. Course|
|HS||Chemistry||23515 – 36469||27937 – 40292|
|OS||Chemistry||6863 – 20087||23623 – 35457|
When you are @ NIT Durgapur, you need not to have to worry about Placements. NIT Durgapur is one of the few engineering colleges to have nearly 100% placements. On average, a CSE and a ME student got a job offer of Rs 3-7 lakhs per annum. The top recruiters for NIT Durgapur are TCS, IBM, Capgemini, and L&T ECC. Other companies that employ NIT-D alumni are Microsoft, Samsung (Sell), MuSigma, Polaris FT, Samsung R & D, JSL, Ericsson, Uttam Galva Steel, to name a few.
|Alstom Transport||Fusion Charts||Lister Technologies||Reliance Jio Infocomm|
|Amadeus||Futures First||Mahindra & Mahindra||Sapient Nitro|
|Amdocs||Genpact||Maq Software||Schneider Electric|
|Analytics Quotient||Godrej||Maruti||Secure Meters|
|Ashok Leyland||Grofers India||Microsoft||Shapoorji Pallonji|
|Avanti Learning||Haldia Petrochemicals||Mindtree||Syber Place|
|Belzabar||Honda Cars||Misys||Tata Metaliks|
|Blue Star||HPCL||Mjunction||Tata Motors|
|Call Health Services||IBM||Novell Software||Tata Tinplate|
|Coal India||Idea Cellular||NRI Fintech||Tech Mahindra|
|Concept of Education||Incture Technologies||NSE Infotech||Tractors India Ltd|
|D. E. Shaw||Infosys||Oracle||Vedanta|
|Drishti Software||Innoplexus||Oracle Cloud||Verity Knowledge Soln.|
|Dynamic Digital||Intellect Design Arena||Orient Electric||Verizon|
|Emami||ITC PCPB||Payu||ZS Associates|
Rankings and Reputation
|Name of Institute||National Institute of Technology Durgapur|
- We would like to give out 3.8 of 5 stars on Edufever Best Engineering Colleges in West Bengal.
- JEE Main 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
- JEE Advanced 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
- GATE 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
- CAT 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
- MAT 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
- XAT 2020: Application, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of Luck!!!
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.