PES University Bangalore (Formerly known as PES Institute of Technology) is one of the popular Engineering Colleges in Bangalore. The PESU Bangalore is widely regarded as one of the country’s leading teaching and research universities. The aim of the university lies in providing “education for the real world” that inspires students to realise their real potential.
The vision of the PES University Bangalore is to make an intellectually and technologically changing environment with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students, and parents.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
9. Ranking and Reputation
10. Contact Details
11. Frequently Asked Question
PES University Bangalore
The leafy PES campus offers delightful spaces for studying, living and interaction. The excellent residential facilities have been carefully planned according to international standards. PES University believes that the development of new technologies affords us an unprecedented opportunity to transform the learning experience for our students. The creation of supporting infrastructure is the major element of our core strategy.
Before completing the college summary, let us look at the essential details of PES University Bangalore:
|Name of Institute||People’s Education Society University|
|Popular Name||PES University Bangalore, PES University|
|Year of Establishment||1988|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE, AACSB|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and PhD|
|Category||Top Engineering Colleges|
Affiliations, Recognition, and other Achievement:
- Affiliated by: AICTE.
- Aid Status: Private
|Tech Activities||Alumni Newsletters|
|Cultural Activities||Student Newsletter|
PES University Bangalore offers some quality Courses under the supervision of qualified Faculty members and Technical staff. Different courses offered by the PES University Bangalore are discussed below.
Bachelor Programs (B.Tech)
|B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||4 Year||720|
|B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI&ML)||4 Year||240|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||4 Year||360|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)||4 Year||120|
|B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)||4 Year||120|
|B.Tech in Civil Engineering (CE)||4 Year||60|
|B.Tech in Biotechnology (BT)||4 Year||60|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des)|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des)||4 Year||180|
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||5 Year||40|
|Faculty of Management – Bachelor Programs|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||3 Year||360|
|Bachelor of Business Administration – Hospitality & Event Management (BBA-HEM)||3 Year||60|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Sports Management)||3 Year||60|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Analytics||4 Year||60|
|Faculty of Commerce – Bachelor Programs|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) with ACCA – B.Com (Hons) with ACCA||4 Year||120|
|Bachelor of Commerce – B.Com||3 Year||360|
|Faculty of Science – Bachelor Programs|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Psychology||3 Year||60|
|Faculty of Arts – Bachelor Programs|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Year||60|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Performing Arts||3 Year||60|
|Faculty of Commerce – Master’s Programs (M.Com)|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||2 Year||60|
|Faculty of Engineering – Master’s Programs (M.Tech)|
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specializations in Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity, Machine Intelligence)||2 Year||60|
|M.Tech in Electronics & Communication (Specializations in Signals & Systems, Communication Systems, VLSI Design)||2 Year||36|
|M.Tech in Electrical & Electronics (Specializations in Power Electronics & Drives, Smart Power Control, Embedded System Engineering)||2 Year||24|
|M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Specializations in Design, Thermal Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Manufacturing)||2 Year||24|
|Executive Master of Business Administration (E-MBA)||2.5 Year||40|
|Faculty of Law|
|BBA, LLB (Hons)||5 Year||60|
|BA, LLB (Hons)||5 Year||60|
|Faculty of Management – Master’s Programs (MBA)|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Year||410|
|Faculty of Computer Application – Master’s Programs (MCA)|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||2 Year||240|
This section provides detailed information about the PES University Bangalore Admission Procedure. Candidates are advised to check the complete admission process details before applying.
|UG||Admissions are through KCET/ PESSAT/ JEE Mains entrance exams. Scroll down to check the eligibility criteria and method of admission for the program.|
|PG||Admissions are through PESSAT/ other state & national level entrance exams. Candidates can register for PESSAT and complete the process to secure access. Scroll down for a list of acceptable entrance exams, Eligibility and Method of Admissions.|
|MBA||Admissions are through the PESSAT entrance exam. Register from|
and complete the process to secure access. Scroll down to check the eligibility criteria and method of entry.
- Bachelor Programs (B.Tech): 60% marks in 10+2 or equivalent in Science stream from a recognised board.
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des): 60% marks in 10+2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch):
- No candidate, with less than 50% marks in aggregate, shall be admitted to the architecture course unless he/ she has passed an examination at the end of the new 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as subjects of examination at the 10+2 level.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognised by Central/ State Governments with 50% aggregate marks.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.” NATA Entrance Exam conducted by Council of Architecture
Bachelor Programs: 10+2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.
- Master’s Programs (MBA): At least 60% aggregate in Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised University (only full-time degree accepted, Degree obtained through Distance or Correspondence mode of education will not be acceptable)
- Master’s Programs (MCA): Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University.
- M.Sc Engineering by Research: Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D): Master’s degree from any recognised University.
This section provides detailed information about the People’s Education Society University Fee Structure in detail for all courses. Let’s have a look.
|Courses||One time non-refundable administrative charges||Fees|
|Bachelor of Technology (BTech)||–||4,10,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Technology (BTech) – Diploma Lateral Entry||10,000/-||3,40,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des)||10,000/-||3,60,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration and LLB – Integrated program (BBA, LLB) (Hons)||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Arts and LLB – Integrated program (BA, LLB) (Hons)||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) with ACCA – B.Com (Hons) with ACCA||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (General/ Hons) – BBA (General/ Hons)||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Journalism and Mass Communication||10,000/-||1,50,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Performing Arts||10,000/-||1,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Analytics (General/ Hons)||10,000/-||2,50,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration – Hospitality & Event Management (BBA-HEM)||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||10,000/-||3,60,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Sports Management) – BBA (Sports Management)||10,000/-||2,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||10,000/-||1,00,000 / Annum|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychology||10,000/-||1,50,000 / Annum|
|Master of Technology (M Tech)||–||2,50,000 / Annum|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||10,000/-||5,00,000 / Annum|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||10,000/-||2,40,000 / Annum|
|Research Programs||10,000||60,000 / Annum|
The PES University Bangalore Cutoff is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list, including the rank of candidates, will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. The Cutoff will be based on multiple parameters like the number of appearing candidates, the total number of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and last year’s admission record.
JEE Main 2021 Cutoff
JEE Mains 2021 Cutoff (Graphical Representation)
The PES University Bangalore training and placement cell are run by a team of experienced and dynamic professionals. The placement cell organises pre-recruitment training and discussion programs among the final year students and arranges the campus recruitment programs for the aspiring and deserving final year students. Some of the training and placement programs offered by the college are as followed.
- Nurtures Industry College interaction, by organising and coordinating frequent industrial visits, implant training, and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counselling.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyse and choose the company of his interest.
- Organisers and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfil its commitment of a job to every aspirant.
- Work towards continuing education for the college employees.
Major companies and firms visit the campus at the annual placement drive wherein the average package is expected to range from 25-30 thousand per month. Some of the major Recruiters of PES University Bangalore are as followed.
PES University Admission Scholarship is a financial aid offered to deserving students studying in or having taken admission in UG or PG degree courses at PES University. The selected students can avail of a 50% tuition fee waiver under this scholarship.
- MRD Scholarships – 40% tuition fee waiver for the Top 20% of students-: If a student is among the top 20% of his/her class (section) in terms of CGPA for a particular academic year, then he/she will get a tuition fee waiver of 40% for the next academic year of study (executed on a semester basis).
- Prof. CNR Rao Scholarships-: Prof. CNR Rao Scholarships.
- Distinction Awards-: If a student secures a CGPA of 7.5 and above for a particular year, then he/she would receive cash prize money as a distinction award.
|Corporate Scholarships:||Many corporates offer scholarships for our students in the final year of their education recognizing their merit.|
|Teaching Assistantships:||Students who display proven acumen toward teaching shall be compensated for assisting their Professors in teaching their students|
|Rural Scholarships:||PES University offers free engineering education for a select number of students coming from rural backgrounds every year|
|Research Assistantship:||Students showing keen research intent can work under professors as research associates and can be compensated for it.|
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
Below we have mentioned the eligibility criteria for PES University. Candidates are advised to check the complete eligibility criteria.
- The annual scholarship program is organized by PES University.
- The Commitment to Science scholarships is named the PESSAT Scholarships
- These scholarships are awarded to the best science students
- The selection of students is based on their creativity, ability to work and score in exams and passion for science
- Huawei gives scholarships to students with academic excellence in engineering college.
- PES University has an MOU Signed with the HUAWEI for scholarships.
- The scholarship of INR 75000 is given to engineering students every year.
Rankings and Reputation
The PES University Bangalore has all the potential to become one of the Best Private Engineering colleges in Bangalore. The Infrastructure is Excellent, Faculties are well trained, Corporate Training and Internship programs are very good so does the Labs and Library.
|Name of Institute||PES University Bangalore|
PES University Bangalore
Address: 100 Feet Ring Road, BSK III Stage,
Phone No: +91 80 26721983
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q. What is PES University famous for?
A. PES University, located in Bangalore, India is one of the country’s leading teaching and research universities. The University is committed to providing “education for the real world” that inspires students to realize their potential.
Q. Is PES University expensive?
A. PESSAT Fee – INR 6,00,000 for full course (payable every semester – Rs. 1,50,000 each x 4 semesters). For PES Alumni – INR 4,00,000 for full course (payable every semester – Rs. 1,00,000 each x 4 semesters).
Q. Does PES University accept JEE mains?
A. Besides PESSAT and KCET, the test scores of UCEED, JEE Mains, PGCET, MAT, CMAT, CAT, GMAT, GRE, CLAT, LSAT, NATA and select other National level exams are considered. The consideration of exams is subject to the discretion of PES University.
Q. Which PES campus is better in Bangalore?
A. In my opinion, PES University RR campus is definitely one of the best engineering colleges in Karnataka. This is followed closely by RVCE and BMSCE among others. As far as PES University EC Campus is concerned, this is a sister institution that has been built many years down the line.
Q. How many campuses are there in PES?
A. Four campuses
Q. Is PES University internationally Recognised?
A. BENGALURU: PES University (Banashankari campus) has become the first university in Karnataka and the fifth in India to secure the IET’s international accreditation for eight of its engineering programmes.