St Tereza Medical University Armenia is one of the most recognised medical university in Armenia. The university is popularly known as STMU Armenia and was founded in the year of 1992 by L.L. Hambardzumyan. The university is one of the popular destinations to pursue MBBS in Armenia.
ST Tereza Medical University Armenia is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is the First University to provide 5 Years Medical Doctors program in the Republic of Armenia.
Foreign students can take admission in St. Theresa Medical University, Yerevan, Armenia through authorized admission representatives in their country. The language of instruction for all foreign students studying at St. Theresa Medical University is English.
ST Tereza Medical University Armenia
The University consists of 19 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Armenia national economy.
|Name of Institute||ST Tereza Medical University Armenia|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. Of Faculties||145|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Academic Session Start||1st September 2020|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Armenia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: MCI, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The ST Tereza Medical University Armenia offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||NA||5 Years (English Medium)|
Faculty & Staff
The University consists of 145 faculties & institutes that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Armenia national economy. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for ST Tereza Medical University Armenia is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Armenia.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Armenia. All the Best..!!
Armenia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in ST Tereza Medical University Armenia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Admission Seekers should complete their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum 50% mark covering Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
Before taking admission in ST Tereza Medical University Armenia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Armenia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Armenia Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Armenia
Before going to apply for STMU Armenia, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Armenia. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Armenia are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 5th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Armenia.
The fees structure of the STMU Armenia for the MBBS course is mentioned below.
|Fees Structure||Total Fees 1st Year in USD||Fees 2nd to 6th Per Year||Total Fees in USD|
|Amount in USD||5450 USD||3700 USD||12000 USD|
|Hostel & Food Charges|
|Hostel Charges||1000 USD Per Year|
|Food Charges||150 USD Per Month|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||ST Tereza Medical University Armenia|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Armenia.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever’s Best MBBS college in Armenia.
ST Tereza Medical University Armenia
Address: 4a Mashtots Avenue, Yerevan, Armenia
Contact No: +374 55 125 399
Official Website: https://www.stmu.am/
Armenia is a nation, and former Soviet republic, in the mountainous Caucasus region between Asia and Europe. It is a country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located in Western Asia on the Armenian Highlands, it is bordered by Turkey to the west, Georgia to the north, the de facto independent Republic of Artsakh and Azerbaijan to the east, and Iran and Azerbaijan’s exclave of Nakhchivan to the south.
|Literacy Rate||99.8 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+4 (AMT)|
|Currency||Dram (֏) (AMD)|
MBBS in Armenia 2020 Fact Check;
The country has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Armenia a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test. Here are some of the fact about the safety measures of Armenia for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons:
Do you know according to a recent study, Armenia has one of the most educated population in the world, outperforming Canada, Japan, Israel and the USA? There are a lot of advantages to studying in Armenia, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Armenia
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Armenia don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Armenia are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Armenia’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Armenia provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Armenia medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
Disadvantages of studying in Armenia
- As Armenian is the local language in Armenia, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Armenian Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. MBBS in Armenia, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Armenia. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q2. When does the academic year start in Armenia Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Armenia medical university starts from 1st September.
Q3. Is student visa a mandatory in Armenia?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Armenia.
Q4. Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Armenia?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q5. How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q7. Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Armenia?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q9. Is the Armenia Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Armenia medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
List of Top Colleges in India
Best of luck..!!!
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21 Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers