The AMA School of Medicine Philippines has two campus-in Makati (the heart of Manila) & Cavite. The building in Makati is ten floors and is shared with of AMA Computer College which was founded in 1980. AMA School of Medicine (AMASOM Philippines) is operational since 2008 when it was given permission by CHED to offer the Medical Program.
The College offers 6 Years (2 years premedical known as BS course and 4 years of Medical education known as the MD course) for class 12th students and 4 Years of bachelors of Medicine course for graduate students known as the MD course.
AMA School of Medicine Philippines
AMASOM Philippines is housed in AMA College Makati, which is strategically located at the heart of Makati City, the Philippines’ financial and business capital where the highest concentration of multinational, transnational and local corporations and international organizations and embassies hold their offices.
|Name of Institute||AMA School of Medicine Philippines
|Year of Establishment||1980|
|Location||Heart of Makati City, Philippines|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI), CHED, WHO|
|Courses offered||BS+MD (MBBS), MD|
|Academic Session Start||September|
|Category||Medical Colleges in the Philippines|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: MCI, WHO, CHED
- Aid Status: Private
- Language of Instruction: English
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The AMA School of Medicine Philippines (AMASOM Philippines) offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS/MD).
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery BS+MD (equivalent to MBBS)||6 years|
|Doctor of Medicine (MD)||4 years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for AMA School of Medicine Philippines (AMASOM Philippines) is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in the Philippines.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to the Philippines. All the Best..!!
The Philippines has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in AMA School of Medicine Philippines, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in PCB from recognized institute or board.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before taking admission in AMA School of Medicine Philippines (AMASOM Philippines), please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Philippines.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in the Philippines
Before going to apply for AMASOM Philippines, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in the Philippines. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in the Philippines are as follow:
|First Trimester||Second Trimester||Third First Trimester|
|General Psychology||Psychology Elective 1: Learning and Cognitive Psychology||Research in Psychology 1|
|General Psychology||Abnormal Psychology||Psychology Elective 3: Filipino Psychology|
|Knowledge Work Software and Presentation Skills||Social Psychology||Psychology Elective 4: Group Dynamics|
|General Chemistry||Experimental Psychology||Psychology Elective 5: Physiological Psychology|
|Developmental Psychology||Psychology Elective 2: Principles of Guidance and Counseling||Psychology Elective 6: Industrial Psychology|
|Psychological Statistics||Psychological Assessment||Research in Psychology 2|
|Theories of Personalities||–||Practicum in Psychology (minimum of 250 hrs)|
The fees structure of the AMA School of Medicine Philippines (AMASOM Philippines) for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
Makati Campus Fee
|Particular||BS Psychology||MD Program|
|1st year||2nd year||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||Total|
|Fees (Philippines Peso)||300000||200000||250000||250000||150000||100000||1250000|
- Visa conversion + services: From 9(a) to 9(f):- €619.10
- Food and hostel (sharing basis) @11,500 PHP (per month) = 138,000 PHP or €2653.30 (per Year)
- Hostel deposit: €397.99
- Special Study Permit (SSP) for students less than 18 years of age = €176.89 / extension
- Visitors Visa Extension (as applicable Govt. rate): €97.29 a month
Cavite Campus Fee
|Particular||Pre-Medical||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||Total|
|Fees (Philippines Pesos)||265,000||225,000||200,000||200,000||100,000||990,000|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||AMA School of Medicine Philippines (AMASOM Philippines)|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in the Philippines.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever’s Best MBBS college in the Philippines.
AMA School of Medicine
AMA One Building
5486 South super Highway, Banghal, MAKATI City
Metro Manila, Philippines
Cavite Campus (Proposed)
AMA School of Medicine
Crisanto M. De Los Reyes Ave
Biclatan, General Trias, 4109 Cavite
About the Philippines
The Philippines, officially the Republic of the Philippines, is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Situated in the western Pacific Ocean, it consists of about 7,641 islands that are categorized broadly under three main geographical divisions from north to south: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
|Area||300,000 Km2 (120,000 sq mi) (72nd)|
Largest City: Quezon City
|Language||National languages: Filipino
Other Language: English and 19 Other Language
|Climate||Temperatures usually range from 21 °C (70 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F)|
|Time Zone||UTC+8 (PST)
Summer (DST): UTC+8 (not observed)
|Currency||Peso (₱) (PHP)|
|Religion||Roman Catholic Christianity: 70% of Roman Catholicism is the largest religion in the Philippines.
Protestant Christianity: 17% of Protestant Christianity is the second-largest religious group in the Philippines.
Islam: 5 to 10%
Iglesia ni Cristo (Philippine Church of Christ): 2%
MBBS in Philippines 2020 Fact Check;
Philippines higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes the Philippines a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test. Here are some of the facts for safety measures of the Philippines for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons:
Do you know? MBBS in the Philippines is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. Similar to studying MBBS in China or European Countries, the MCI provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in the Philippines, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in the Philippines
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of the Philippines (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- 3rd largest English-speaking country
- Colleges in the Philippines don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in the Philippines are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Philippines’ MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in the Philippines provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Filipino medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in the Philippines offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in the Philippines
- As Filipino is the local language in the Philippines, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Filipino Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is student visa a mandatory in the Philippines?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Philippines.
Q2. Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from the Philippines?
Ans. Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization, CHED and other bodies.
Q3. What is MCI Screening Test?
Ans. Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr.
Q4. What is the medium of teaching in the Philippines?
Ans. Being an American colony for about 50 years, English has become the official language for government, day by day living and in all other affairs in the Philippines. All the universities we represent for the medical stream are having English medium education.
Q5. Can I Practice in India after completing an MD degree from the Philippines?
Ans. Yes. There is no difference between M.D Degree and MBBS degree. Students who study medicine abroad should pass the screening test conducted by the Medical Council of India to start practice in India.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers