The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2023 is the state centralized Online counselling process through which a candidate can apply to MBBS/BDS courses in various Government/Private Medical College affiliated with the State Medical University J&K. Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE), the regulatory authority conducts the counselling for the JK NEET MBBS/BDS admission 2023.
Throughout this article, we are providing detailed information about J&K MBBS & BDS Counselling like dates, online registration form, counselling process, eligibility criteria for Participating in J&K NEET UG Counselling, Participating institutes of Medical & dental colleges, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Document required at document verification centre, category-wise seat reservation criteria, NEET 2023 release cutoff.
Latest Update: The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) has released the Jammu and Kashmir NEET UG Merit List 2023 for candidates belonging to UT of J&K/Ladakh at www.jkbopee.gov.in
1. NEET 2023 Brief Description
2. NEET 2023 Counselling Dates
3. Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling Eligibility
4. J&K NEET 2023 Counselling
5. Documents Required
6. NEET-UG 2023 Cutoff
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before discussing the details of Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2023 Counselling, let’s briefly describe NEET 2023.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or |
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||7 May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result||13 June 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||20th July 2023|
|Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||19th July 2023|
|Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE)|
|No. of Government MBBS Seats in J&K||1047|
|No. of Private MBBS Seats in J&K||100|
|No. of Govt BDS Seats in J&K||126|
|No. of Private BDS Seats in J&K||100|
|Paid JK NEET 2023 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
J&K NEET UG Counselling 2023 Dates (Out)
This section will provide Jammu and Kashmir NEET Counselling 2023 schedule. Let’s have a look.
|Online application form release date||19th July 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||20th July 2023|
|Verification of PWD candidates||To be announced|
|Provisional Merit List||To be announced|
|Final merit list||To be announced|
|AP MBBS Counselling 2023 round 1 choice filling||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment List – Round 1||To be announced|
|Exercise of choices for Round 2||To be announced|
|Seat allotment list- Round 2||To be announced|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced|
Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling Eligibility
This section provides detailed information about JK NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria; all candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the registration form. Let’s have a look.
- The applying seekers should have qualified for the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English are the compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks; 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates, and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
- Age Criteria: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age. The candidates born on or after 02-01-2004 are not eligible for admission into MBBS or BDS Courses.
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking|
Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2023
The counselling will be conducted online, and candidates who wish to participate must register on the official website of JKBOPEE. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
JK NEET Counselling Process
Step 1- Log in Process: Applicants must log into their applicant login portal using their earlier login credentials while filling out the application form.
Step 2- Choice Filling Process: Aspirants must fill in the preferences/choice of courses and colleges to grant J&K NEET 2023 admission.
Step 3- Result of JK MBBS & BDS counselling:
It’s wholly based on courses and colleges’ preferences, availability of seats, and reservation categories; authorities will publish the J&K counselling result in 2023. After each round of counselling, the result for each J&K NEET 2023 counselling round will be published separately.
Step 4- Reporting Process:
Candidates allotted seats through JK NEET counselling 2023 must report to the designated colleges with a required document within the selected date & time.
Other Nearest States Counselling Procedure
How to apply for JK NEET Counselling 2023
This section provides detailed information about the JK NEET counselling 2023 online registration process; candidates must follow this online registration process carefully.
- Visit the official site of JKBOPEE, “jkbopee.gov.in”
- Click on the registration option
- Enter your details and contact number.
- Upload your required documents
- Check all the facts before submitting.
- Click on submit and proceed with the registration process further.
JK NEET Counselling 2023: Reservations
|Category||Reservation in percentage|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)|
Gujjars and Bakerwals
Residents of District Leh
Residents of District Kargil Others
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes/Social Castes (OSC)||2%|
|Residents of the Area Adjoining the Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3%|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20%|
|Children of Para-military Forces and State Police Personnel||1%|
|Children of Defence Personnel||3%|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports (SP)||2%|
Graphical Representation of JK NEET Counselling Reservation
Instructions need to follow by the candidates:
- No under-process certificate shall be considered
- The Board shall consider only such category certificates issued by the concerned Competent Authority up to the last registration date.
- The candidates should mention the appropriate e-mail address and contact number so that the authority will forward the important messages.
- In their interest, candidates are advised not to share e-mail passwords with another Person.
- The board shall not be responsible for any mistake committed by the candidates while making registration.
- After completion of the registration process, Board shall notify the Provisional UT Merit List (PUTML) of all the eligible candidates, which shall be used for online counselling by the candidates when filling up the preferences based on which allotment of seats shall be made.
- Any candidate who falls within qualifying merit but does not register himself/herself or does not upload the documents or the documents uploaded are deficient shall not be considered for allotment of any seat.
- In their interest, the candidates are advised to go through the e-Information Brochure uploaded on the official website, www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Since admission to Professional Colleges is time-bound, the candidates should not wait until the last registration date as it may be detrimental to their interest.
- The candidates shall have to fill in the following fields, which are mandatory and without which they cannot proceed further:-
- Student NEET Roll No, NEET Score, NEET Rank, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, if any.
- Upload Compulsory Service Bond in the prescribed format by the candidates of UT of Ladakh.
- The candidates, who intend to participate against NRI/HM Quota seats in ASCOMS, Jammu/IDS, and Sephora shall also have to register themselves online and submit all such documents offline in the Board office up to the date as may be notified by the Board separately;
- Candidates are again advised to remain in touch with the BOPEE website, www.jkbopee.gov.in and should not wait to publish Notices/Notifications in the News Papers.
Jammu & Kashmir NEET UG Documents Required
The candidates shall have to fill in the following fields, which are mandatory and without which they cannot proceed further:-
- NEET-UG score card.
- 10+2 marks card.
- Domicile Certificate of UT of J&K/Ladakh (ST Category certificate for candidates belonging to the UT of Ladakh).
- Category Certificate, wherever required.
- Date of Birth Certificate (Matriculation).
- The candidates belonging to the UT of Ladakh must upload a Compulsory Service Bond (which shall be available in the information Brochure to be uploaded by the Board on the official website.
- Open Merit (including JKPM/child of PMF/CDP/Sports/ EWS): 117
- Open Merit (Physically Handicapped/PWD): 105
- SC/ST/RBA/ALC/IB/OSC/PSP (for J&K/Ladakh): 93
- SC/ST/RBA/ALC/IB/OSC/PSP (Physically Handicapped/PWD): 93
JK NEET-UG Selection Procedure
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for admission after the NEET State Counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected based on their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers must report to the allotted college for admission and all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
JK MBBS & BDS Counselling Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tit and bit about it. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below. Here is the updated list of all NEET Counselling participating Medical Colleges in J&K officially made by the Medical Council of India.
Government Medical College
Here are the updated government Medical Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir. You can check the complete Govt. The medical Colleges list is mentioned below, and if you want to complete details about the colleges’ list.
|College||Affiliated with||Establishment Year|
|Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar||University Grants Commission (UGC) Medical Council of India (MCI) Association of Indian Universities (AIU)||1988|
|Government Medical College, Srinagar||University of Kashmir||1959|
|Government Medical College, Jammu||University of Jammu, Jammu||1972|
|Government Medical College, Anantnag||Kashmir University||2019|
|Government Medical College, Baramulla||Kashmir University||2019|
|Govt. Medical College Kathua||Jammu University||2019|
|Government Medical College, Rajouri, J&K||Jammu University||2019|
|Govt. Medical College, Doda, Kashmir||Kashmir University||2020|
Trust Medical College Fee Structure
|College||Affiliated with||Establishment Year|
|Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences, Jammu||University of Jammu, Jammu||1995|
Private Dental College
Here is the updated Jammu and Kashmir Private Dental College. You can check the complete Pvt. The Dental Colleges list is mentioned below, and if you want to complete details about the colleges’ list.
|College||Affiliated with||Establishment Year|
|Institute of Dental Science, Sehora||University of Jammu, Jammu||2006-07|
NEET 2023 Cutoff (Expected)
The expected cutoff marks for NEET 2023 will depend on the various factors that affect the exam.
|Category||NEET 2023 cutoff|
NEET UG Cutoff 2022
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Here we are providing the information about J&K Useful Resources State Counselling Process, Particular state Seat Matrix, Fee structure, cutoff and more; You can check the complete information below:
Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2023 Admission Support
|NEET 2023 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2023 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is the counselling conducted authorities of J&K NEET Counselling 2023?
Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) conducts counselling for the J&K NEET MBBS admission 2023.
If I have a valid NEET score, when can I appear for Jammu Kashmir MBBS & BDS counselling?
You must qualify for NEET to appear for J&K MBBS & BDS Counselling.
When will the JKBOPEE start the online registration for Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling?
The authority will soon release the online application forms.
How many seats will be allotted through Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2023 counselling?
Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2023 counselling was conducted for admission to 1147 MBBS & 200 BDS seats offered in medical and dental colleges of the state.
Are NEET 2023 admit cards mandatory to show in J&K NEET counselling 2023?
Aspirants must furnish a copy of the NEET 2023 admit card in the J&K NEET 2023 counselling process.