The person who accompanies you to the inside of a dental clinic and assisting in each and every move of the dental operator might have caught most of yours attention. Such persons are technically referred as a Dental Assistant.This article will give you an inside review about the career as a Dental Assistant in India and different Dental Assistant jobs available after doing Dental Assistant course.
These Assistants performs various tasks, starting from sterilizing the instruments to scheduling appointments. It is said that a good Dental Assistant should have a cheerful personality, a good memory, empathy towards patients and better observational skills. During Dental Assistant course, topics related to dental anatomy, various dental treatments and the instruments used for such purposes and how to interact with patients and remain calm in emergency situations will be taught.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
If you are really curious about these professionals and want to know every bit of Information related to them, then continue reading the following article to have a better grip on various aspects related to Dental Assistant.
Who is a Dental Assistant?
A Dental assistant is a professional who works closely with and acts upon the orders from a Dentist. They work in unison while performing certain dental procedures. They are the professionals who play great role in delivering quality oral health care services to dental patients. They should have both administrative as well as clinical skills as there might be situations where they are forced to work on any of these fields.
What Dental assistant Do?
Some tasks performed by a Dental Assistant are listed below:
- Taking and analyzing dental radiographs
- Accompanying the patients to the inside of a clinic and help them feel better
- Sterilizing the equipment and instruments to prevent infections
- Performing office management tasks
- Scheduling appointments and contacting suppliers
- Treatment procedures
- Preparing the patient for an examination by providing oral instructions, checking the patient’s medical history and taking the blood pressure
Various Dental Assistant courses in India
To work as a Dental Assistant or to make a career in Dental Assistant, one can earn a degree in following Dental Assistant course.
(A) Diploma in Dental Assistant
- Eligibility: Higher Secondary (10+2)
- Course Duration: 2 years
(B) Certificate courses in Dental Assistant
- Eligibility: High School (10th)
- Course Duration: 6 to 12 months
Read Also: Smile Your Way to Success with Dentistry
What are the Career Prospects of Dental Assistant?
Dental Assistant is a promising career as the whole healthcare industry is growing and serious oral healthcare issues are invented in every year. One can opt for a solo dental practice (practicing with a single dentist), group practice or special practice. Other than these, a Dental assistant can work in an insurance company to process dental insurance claims or start a career in schools or colleges to train students to become a Dental Assistant. A few of them may opt for roles like a dental product sales representative. A Dental Assistant will have regular jobs as long as dentists are there and dentists will have
A few of them may opt for roles like a dental product sales representative. A Dental Assistant will have regular jobs as long as dentists are there and dentists will have a regular income as long as dental patients are there. Overall, a Dental Assistant is expected to end up with a job which offers a good income and those with better skills and experience are likely to have a better job prospect.
Top institutes in India offering Dental Assistant course:
Many colleges in India offers Dental Assistant course. Few of them are:
- Institute of Paramedical Technology, Delhi
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute, Bidar
- Christian Dental College, Punjab
- The North Bengal Dental College, West Bengal
- J. Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- Maulana Azad Dental College & Hospital, New Delhi
- College of Dental Sciences and Research, Manipur