Government Dental College & Hospital Mumbai is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Maharashtra. GDC Mumbai college is Also known as Government Dental College Mumbai. It was founded in the year 1951-52. Government Dental College Mumbai was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The College is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Government Dental College Mumbai Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Government Dental College Mumbai
The Institute focuses on and coordinates the prime aim of skill-building and personality development of the students. Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics etc., are the regular happenings of the Institute besides the curricular studies, which, indeed, is its key strength.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of Government Dental College Mumbai.
|College Name||Government Dental College & Hospital Mumbai|
|Popular Name||GDC Mumbai, Government Dental College Mumbai|
|Affiliation with||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Courses offered||BDS MDS|
|Hospital Attached||Grant Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Hospital Type||Attached to Medical College|
|Admin Authority||State Govt./U.T. Administration|
|Category||Dental College in Maharashtra|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Government Dental College Mumbai Courses Offers the following undergraduate programme with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
|MDS||Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||5|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||5|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||5|
|MDS||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|MDS||Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||5|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||10|
Here in this selection, we will let you about GDC Mumbai BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of GDC Mumbai, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Government Dental College Mumbai is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||U.G. Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET MDS
|Eligibility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For P.G. Courses: NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling||For U.G. Courses: Maharashtra NEET Counselling|
For P.G. Courses: Maharashtra NEET MDS Counselling
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Cut-off||Click Here|
|Maharashtra 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Dental Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 BDS Colleges in Maharashtra||Click Here|
|Maharashtra BDS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The Government Dental College Mumbai fee structure for various courses is affordable and is mentioned below.
|Course||AIQ (Per Year)|
|BDS||88,900/- (including Development fees of 3,000)|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to be changed
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cut-off scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cut-off for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the U.R. category are required to score equivalent to at least 50 percentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Representation of NEET 2021 Cut-off
NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
The authorities released the cut-off of NEET MDS 2022 and the result. NEET MDS cut-off 2022 is the minimum qualifying percentile that candidates must secure to secure the national-level entrance test. Candidates can check the NEET MDS 2022 cut-off from NBE from the table below.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off Score (Out of 960)|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PwD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile||227|
|UR PwD||45th Percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 Cut-off
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cut-off scores 2021||Cut-off Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – P.H.||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – P.H.||40th percentile||227||250|
Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling
Candidates can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State NEET UG Counselling 2022. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2022. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look up this PDF.
- Registration Process: Applicants have to register online for the counselling process and fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List: After the successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process: Applicants can fill in their choices/preferences through online mode.
- Seat Allotment: Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process: As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted College and carry your original documents and their photocopies to the allotted College on the prescribed date and time.
For aspirants applying to GDC Mumbai, the following flow chart shows short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For U.G. Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- I.D. proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College and Hospital Mumbai|
Government Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai
Address: St. Georges Hospital Compound, P.D.’ Mello Rd, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Official Website: http://gdcmumbai.org
Maharashtra NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Dental Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Government Dental College Mumbai?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Government Dental College Mumbai is 100.
Q. Does Government Dental College Mumbai have a hostel?
A. Yes, Government Dental College Mumbai provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to GDC Mumbai?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to GDC Mumbai.
Q. Can I know the exact location of GDC Mumbai?
A. St. Georges Hospital Compound, P.D.’ Mello Rd, Fort, Mumbai 400 001.
Q. Is Government Dental College Mumbai government or private?
A. Government Dental College Mumbai is a government dental college.
Click here for more Education News