Karnataka NEET PG Counselling: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) PG is a national-level examination for admission into various postgraduate medical courses across India. The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is the governing body responsible for counselling NEET PG aspirants in Karnataka. This article will provide a comprehensive guide on the Karnataka NEET PG counselling process, including important dates, eligibility criteria, registration process, counselling rounds, etc. Candidates can also download the Karnataka NEET PG Counselling ebook for better counselling guidance.
Here are some quick facts below on Karnataka PG Medical Counselling.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (PG) or NEET PG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Karnataka NEET PG Counselling Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Date||05 March 2023|
|NEET PG result 2023||14 March 2023 (Announced)|
|MCC AIQ NEET PG 2023 Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Karnataka NEET PG Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Get NEET PG Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
Karnataka NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
KEA will release the Karnataka NEET PG 2023 Counselling on important dates.
|NEET PG exam||March 5, 2023|
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Last date of submission||To be announced|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online|
|To be announced|
|Choice Filling / Locking||To be announced|
|Result for round 1||To be announced|
|The download of the provisional allotment order||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting||To be announced|
Karnataka NEET PG Registration Fees 2023
Candidates KEA has released the Karnataka NEET PG registration and category-wise candidates fees. We have mentioned it below.
|General/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|NRI/OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
Karnataka NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
Applicants KEA has released the Karnataka NEET PG counselling eligibility 2023. we have mentioned the below table.
|1.||The candidate should have scored more than or equal to the prescribed|
the minimum score in NEET- PG 2023.
|2||The candidate should have completed his/her MBBS/BDS courses from|
recognized institute by MCI, respectively.
|3||He/ She has completed or is completing a ‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’|
on or before 31st July 2023.
|4||For In-service candidates, the age limit is 48 years as of 31st March 2023.|
|5||Please note that SC / ST / OBC / Linguistic minority eligibility criteria only apply as per State Government policy. However, if any OBC candidate of Karnataka has not claimed OBC in NEET-PG can claim the respective category in NEET-PG 2023 in KEA.|
Karnataka NEET PG Seat Matrix 2023
This includes seats in Government colleges and the Government’s share of seats in Private colleges.
|1.||Seats in Government Colleges (Remaining 50% through All|
India Quota counselling by MCC)
|2.||Seats in Private Non-Minority colleges||33%|
|3.||Seats in Private Minority (Religious & Linguistic) colleges||20%|
|4.||Seats in Private University colleges||40%|
Karnataka NEET PG Eligibility Online Submission of Application Form 2023:
- The candidate creates his/her profile by entering the necessary details along with NEET-PG 2023 Roll Number.
- Candidate information such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, NBE Score, and Mobile number is fetched from NBE data.
- OTP will be sent to the candidate’s mobile number registered with NBE. The candidate should not share the OTP with others.
- Candidates have to enter the Eligibility Clause Code, Reservation Category, Educational Qualification, contact details etc. has to be entered.
- Those who are eligible under In service enter the same.
- Uploading photograph left thumb impression & signature.
- The candidate must pay the registration fee by following the procedure mentioned therein.
- Print & submit the application form.
Karnataka NEET PG SC/ST Candidates Fees 2023
|S.No.||Category||Government Quota seats|
(College & seat Codes ending with ‘G’)
|Private seats (P) (College & seat Code sending with ‘P’)|
Below Rs.2.50 Lakhs
|Exempted from paying fees for all the|
|The candidate has to pay|
the full fees
above Rs.2.50 below
|Pay 50% of the tuition Fee||The candidate has to pay|
the full fees
Karnataka NEET PG Counselling 2023
Candidates can visit Karnataka Examinations Authority’s official portal to get themselves registered for Karnataka NEET PG Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET PG, Let us first look at the Karnataka NEET PG Counselling schedule 2023.
The following steps can best explain the counselling process.
Step-1:- Counselling Registration through Online
Step-2:- Online Security Money Payment
- Candidates willing to attend the counselling process for their PG Medical seat in desired Medical College must pay the required Security money fees prescribed by the Karnataka Main Computerised Counselling, Kolkata.
- After paying security money and the state merit list has been declared, the online seat choice filling option will be available per the earlier schedule.
- The applicant could take a printout of their online payment receipt.
Step-3:- Merit Declaration
- For Inter-state rank in the State merit list, reference shall be NEET-PG 2023
- The final merit list will be prepared per the provisions (Displayed on the website).
Step-4:- Online Choice filling
- Click on the choice filling.
- Choice Filling Procedure:
– Login for choice filing using your NEET roll number and password created at registration.
– Choice filing can be done in several sessions but remember to save and continue; otherwise, you’ll lose your work.
– The choice filling will not be complete until you finally submit and lock. No changes will be possible after locking the choice.
- After the last date of choice, the filling is over, and the seat allotment list will be declared online.
Step-5:- Seat allotment
1. log in to the website. Your seat allotment status will be displayed.
2. If you accept the allotment letter:-
- But do not join or resign after joining. You’re eligible for second counselling but will forfeit your security deposit.
- Join the college you’ll remain eligible for second counselling to upgrade your seat without losing your seat. If your seat is elevated, then the previous allotment will be automatic.
- The online process will do the seat allotment on a merit cum option basis.
4. Candidates eligible for the reserved category will be given admission as per the rules of the state government, applicable on the date of counselling.
5. OBC candidates covered by the provisions of the creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefits of the OBC category.
6. Candidates who fail to produce required original documents at the time of admission or, if any, concealment or falsification of facts comes into the light at the time of entry and after that during the study will not be entitled to any benefit of having appeared in the entrance examination. Any use of acquiring a seat Legal action would be taken against such candidates.
7. Candidates will be checked for their identity at admission. It will be counted as unfair if it does not match, and their candidature will be cancelled. Additional legal action would be taken against such candidates.
8. If a candidate does not participate in online counselling or does not join the allotted seat by the due date, they shall forfeit any right of admission based on said counselling/allotment.
9. Once exercised by the candidate in online counselling, the option cannot be altered under any circumstances.
10. No request for re-allotment of seats allotted in the first and second rounds will be entertained.
PG Counselling Flow Chart
The flow chart for aspirants applying to PG courses offered by various medical colleges shows the short but essential information about the Karnataka NEET PG counselling procedure 2023.
Here are the documents required at Karnataka PG Medical Counselling.
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
NEET PG counselling Factors
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducting the counselling below-given factors.
- 50% All India Quota(AIQ) seats
- 50% State Quota seats
- Central Universities (DU, AMU, BHU)
- Deemed Universities
- ESIC colleges
- Armed Forces Medical Services
NEET PG Counselling Factors
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts the counselling below given factors.
|1.||50% All India Quota(AIQ) seats|
|2.||50% of State Quota seats|
|3.||Central Universities (DU, AMU, BHU)|
|6.||Armed Forces Medical Services|
NEET PG Cut off Scores 2023 (Out)
NBE has released the NEET PG 2023 Cutoff on the official website.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off (Out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th percentile||291|
|SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile||257|
Karnataka NEET PG Mop-Up Round Counselling Schedule 2021
|Karnataka NEET PG Mop-Up Round Counselling Schedule||Click Here|
|Karnataka NEET PG Wrap Mop-Up Round Counselling Revised Schedule||Click Here|
|Karnataka NEET PG Counselling Round 2 Dates (Out)||Click Here|
NEET PG Mop-Up Round Vacant Seat Matrix 2021
|Mop-Up Vacant Seat Matrix for Government Quota||Click Here|
|Mop-Up Vacant Seat Matrix for Others Quota||Click Here|
|Mop-Up Vacant Seat Matrix for Private Quota||Click Here|
|Details Medical College Nodal Officer for Particular Colleges||Click Here|
Karnataka NEET PG Previous Year Seat Allotment
here we provide you with the seat allotment of Karnataka NEET PG Counselling 2021; check the list by clicking on the link given below
|Karnataka NEET PG Round 1 Seat Allotment||Click Here|
Karnataka PG Medical Seat Matrix
|Medical Govt. Quota||Click Here|
|Medical private Quota||Click Here|
|Medical NRI and other Quota||Click Here|
Top Colleges in Karnataka accepting NEET PG Scorecard
|JJM Medical College,||Davangere||Click Here|
|Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College||Bangalore||Click Here|
|Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences,||Raichur||Click Here|
|Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences||Shimoga||Click Here|
|Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences,||Bidar||Click Here|
|Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences||Hassan||Click Here|
|SS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre||Davangere||Click Here|
|Belagavi Institute of Medical Sciences||Belagavi||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is NBE conducting the NEET PG Counselling offline mode?
NBE is conducting the NEET PG counselling only online.
Who is Conducting the NEET PG Entrance exam body?
National Board of Examinations (NBE)
What is the Counselling FEE for NEET PG?
Counselling fee- Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH), and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
How many NEET PG seats were there in 2023?
Around 40,000 seats are available in NEET PG.
How many seats are available for AIQ quota students?
50% of the seat is reserved for AIQ quota students.
What are the reservation categories for the Karnataka PG Medical counselling 2023?
Answer: The backward category is described under categories such as categories (I, II(A, B), and III(A, B)), which hold 32% of the total seats. 15% of the seats are reserved for the Scheduled caste and 3% for the scheduled tribe.