Meghalaya NEET counselling 2021: Meghalaya NEET Counselling will start after completing 15% AIQ counselling. The Meghalaya NEET state counselling is Organized by the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences. The Admission in MBBS & BDS courses is based on NEET Scorecard, and only NEET qualified candidates can apply and participate for NEET Counselling 2021. The scorecard of NEET-UG will be accepted by the various government and private medical and dental institutions of Meghalaya.
Throughout this article, we are providing detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling like dates, online registration form, counselling process, eligibility criteria of Participating Meghalaya NEET counselling, Participating institute of Medical & dental colleges, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Document required at document verification centre, category-wise seat reservation criteria, NEET 2021 released cutoff & much more.
Latest Update: Department of Health & Family Welfare released the Notice for Online applications for admission to MBBS Course for 2021-22 to RIMS, Imphal. The last date of submitting the online application to the RIMS website is 19 February 2022; see the details below.
NEET 2021 Brief Description
Before discussing the complete details about Meghalaya NEET 2021 Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2021.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||12 September 2021 (Concluded)|
|NEET 2021 Result||01 November 2021|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||Starts From 19th January 2022|
|Meghalaya NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||29 November 2021|
|Meghalaya NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong|
|No. of Government Seats in Meghalaya||50|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Meghalaya NEET 2021 Important Dates
Applicants can check the important dates related to the Meghalaya MBBS & BDS 2021 counselling procedure below.
|Online application release date||29 November 2021|
|Last date of online registration of applicants||15 December 2021|
RIMS, Imphal MBBS Admission 2021 Notice (Out)
Online applications from intending candidates belonging to Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura for admission to the MBBS course for the Academic Session 2021-22 are hereby invited for the following seats:
(i) EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) — 11 seats
(ii) Open North East ( NE-UR) — 10 seats
- The candidates must be a domicile of NE states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The last date of submission of the online application at the RIMS website (www.rims.edu.in) is February 19, 2022, upto 4.00 PM and Counselling will be done at RIMS, Imphal on February 24, 2022, at 10.00 a.m. Reverted AIQ seats, if any, will also be included in this counselling.
The candidates shall be selected purely based on merit (rank) in NEET-UG-2021. The following documents are required along with the application.
- Domicile certificate
- Admit Card of NEET-UG Exam 2021
- Score Card of NEET-UG Exam-2021
- Age Proof Certificate
- Pass Certificate of Class X and Class XII
- Mark Sheet of Class XII
- EWS certificate issued by the competent authority (for those candidates applying under EWS Category)
- Passport photograph
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2021
Here in this section, we are providing detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling Eligibility Criteria; candidates are advised must read the complete eligibility criteria before applying the Meghalaya NEET Counselling, you can check the information like Qualifying entrance exam, educational qualification, Age criteria, domicile for Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling.
|Education Qualification||(i) Only candidates who are indigenous inhabitants or Permanent Residents of the State and have passed 10+2 level examination from a recognized|
University or Board of Authority in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English and qualifying NEET-UG 2021 are
eligible to apply. Further, subject to production of a Permanent Resident Certificate,
(ii) Children of employees of the Central Government, other State/ UT
Government who are on deputation to Meghalaya and
(iii) Children of employees of the Central Government, All India Services,
other State/ UT Government posted in and having headquarters within
Meghalaya will also be eligible to apply, provided they fulfil conditions at (i) above.
|Age Criteria||They should complete the age of 17 on or before 31st December 2021. The upper age limit for Candidates is 25 years as of 31st December 2021. However, provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by five years for the candidates of SC/ST|
|Medical Fitness||Applicants should be medically fit.|
|Category||Fee (In INR)|
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Procedure
A candidate can visit the official North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences official portal to register for NEET-UG 2021 Meghalaya State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process as per the prepared merit list, and the list of the applicants called for counselling will be displayed on the official website.
- Applicants have to be present in the counselling venue as per the notified date. During the counselling procedure, applicants are required to fill and lock the choices/preference of colleges.
- Seats will be allotted to the applicants based on the rank secured by the applicants and their preference choices.
- You have to report to the allotted institution with a seat allotment letter before the last admission date.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Meghalaya must register for NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
How to Apply
- Step I: Candidate must visit the official Website.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Option.
- Step 3 (Personal Information): After the successful registration and activating account, candidates need to fill his/her personal information. Make sure all the information is correct while filling the application form.
- Step 4 (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information, the candidate should upload his / her passport size photograph of high contrast (Photo must be snapped with a placard containing the candidate’s name and snapping date), and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same. After uploading the photo and signature, click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 5 (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature, the candidate should enter his / her educational information on the computer screen and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After filling in all the required details, candidates need to proceed with payment of the Counselling Fee. The counselling Fees will not be refunded.
There are the following two modes for payment of the Counselling Fee:
a. Payment by Bank Challan: If the candidate wants to Pay the Counselling Fee through Bank Challan, he/she should select the offline / NEFT Challan option from Payment mode appearing on the computer screen and download the Challan and get the print and
visiting any Bank up to the scheduled last date, the Counselling Fee may be paid through NEFT mode.
b. Online Payment: If the candidate wants to pay the Counselling Fee through Online mode, e.g. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking, he/she should select an online option from payment mode appearing on the computer screen and “Make the Payment.”
should be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The candidate has to pay a processing charge additional to Counselling Fee for payment through online mode.
All the selected candidates have to execute a bond on a requisite stamp paper at admission. If any candidate leaves the course without completion, shall have to pay/deposit bond money of `10, 000, 00/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs) only.
Category-wise Meghalaya MBBS Seat Reservation
This section provides detailed information about Meghalaya NEET-UG 2021 Counselling category wise seat reservation criteria; you can check the seat reservation percentage of NE (For all North Eastern seats including Sikkim), Meghayala Students, Arunachal Pradesh students, Nagaland students, Seats to be filled based on Common All India etc.
|NE (For all North Eastern seats including Sikkim)||18|
|Seats to be filled based on Common All India||8|
Meghalaya NEET Counselling 2021 Selection Procedure
This section provides detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling Selection Procedure; candidates must read the complete selection process before applying the Meghalaya NEET Counselling. Let’s have a look.
- Application Form without NEET UG 2021 (RESULT SHEET) will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Selection of candidates, who are otherwise medically fit and eligible will be made purely on the basis of merit/counseling after a candidate obtained qualifying percentile in National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2021. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, the minimum marks shall be as prescribed to such categories and subject to Reservation Policy of the State Government applicable in this regard.
- No application will be accepted or entertained after the last date of submission.
- The list of candidates eligible for screening will be displayed in the website above.
- The date for screening will be notified later.
- The final list of applicants selected for nomination under all categories and the waiting list for each such category will be displayed in the Notice Board of Directorate of Health Services (MI), Meghalaya, Shillong/Office of the District Medical & Health Officer, Tura, West Garo Hills and in the Government website. It will also be published in the local dailies published from Shillong and Tura. All applicants are required to ascertain the nominations from the above sources. No individual intimation will be served on any applicant selected for nomination.
- Applicants whose names are included in the list selected for the nomination and published as above are required to report to the to the Under Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya, Health & Family Welfare Department, Room No. 506, Additional Secretariat Building within the date and time to be indicated while publishing the list of selected Candidates and personally submit their letter of acceptance, execute Surety Bond for the value of Rs. 30,00,000/- (Rupees Thirty Lakhs) only ( in case of MBBS Course) with 5(five) years Rural service and to collect their letter of nominations for further instructions, as the case may be. Any selected applicant, who fails to report according to the fixed date as specified above, will automatically lose his or her right to nomination and the next eligible candidate from the waiting list will be nominated.
- Terms and conditions for admission and all other requirements including recurring fees of the concerned Medical Institution to which the applicant is nominated will have to be abided and paid by the applicant concerned in time and the responsibility on this count shall rest with the candidate/student
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tit and bit about it. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking, etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below.
Meghalaya Government MBBS Colleges
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong||2008||North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
Meghalaya Private BDS Colleges
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Intake|
|CMJ University Meghalaya||N/A|
Note: Above mentioned establishment year is according to NMC. Click here to know more about MBBS/BDS Govt/Private Colleges Seat Matrix.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AQI and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Here we are providing the information’s about Meghalaya Useful Resources State Counselling Process, Particular state seat matrix, fee structure, Cutoff and more. You can check the complete details below.
|Meghalaya Medical College||Click here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Cutoff||Click Here|
|NEET UG Counselling Process||Click Here|
NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Ayush NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|Talk to Ayush NEET Expert Counsellor: Call Now||Call Now +91-9873056333|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Enquire Now|
|Admission 2021 Help Desk||Enquire Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences conducts the Meghalaya NEET 2021.
A. Meghalaya MBBS/BDS admission 2021 will be open to students who qualify NEET.
A. The counselling will be conducted in the online mode for Meghalaya MBBS admission 2021.
A. The authority will soon release the online application forms.
A. No. the Counselling will be conducted in an Online mode.