Meghalaya NEET counselling 2021: Meghalaya NEET Counselling will start after the completion of 15% AIQ counselling. The Meghalaya NEET state counselling is Organized by the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences. The Admission in MBBS/BDS courses is based on NEET Scorecard, and only NEET qualified candidates can apply and participate for NEET Counselling 2021.
The scorecard of NEET-UG will be accepted by the various government and private medical and dental institutions of Meghalaya. Throughout the article, you will learn about Meghalaya NEET 2021 Counselling procedure, Top Medical/Dental Colleges in Meghalaya. Happy Reading.
NEET 2021 Brief Description
Before discussing the complete details about Meghalaya NEET 2021 Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2021.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||12 September 2021 (Announced)|
|NEET 2021 Result||To be Announced Soon|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||To be Announced Soon|
|Meghalaya NEET 2021 Counselling Starting Date||To be Announced Soon|
|Meghalaya NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong|
|No. of Government Seats in Meghalaya||50|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Click Here|
Meghalaya NEET 2021 Important Dates
Applicants can check the important dates related to the Meghalaya MBBS/BDS 2021 counselling procedure below.
|Online application release date||To be announced|
|Last date of online registration of applicants||To be announced|
|Merit list of candidates selected for counselling||To be announced|
|Round-1 Counselling||To be announced|
|Round-2 Counselling||To be announced|
|Provisional allotment list of candidates called for round two counselling.||To be announced|
|Commencement of Session||To be announced|
NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The application seekers should have qualified for the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Meghalaya
- The applying seekers must have completed the 10+2 examination or equivalent examination from the recognized educational institution.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with minimum of 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the official North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences official portal to register for NEET 2021 Meghalaya State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process as per the prepared merit list, and the list of the applicants called for counselling will be displayed on the official website.
- Applicants have to be present in the counselling venue as per the notified date. During the counselling procedure, applicants are required to fill and lock the choices/preference of colleges.
- Seats will be allotted to the applicants based on the rank secured by the applicants and their preference choices.
- You have to report to the allotted institution with a seat allotment letter before the last admission date.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Meghalaya must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
How to Apply
- Step I: Candidate must visit the official Website.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Option.
- Step 3 (Personal Information): After the successful registration and activating account, candidates need to fill his/her personal information. Make sure all the information is correct while filling the application form.
- Step 4 (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information, the candidate should upload his / her passport size photograph of high contrast (Photo must be snapped with a placard containing the candidate’s name and snapping date), and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same. After uploading the photo and signature, click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 5 (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature, the candidate should enter his / her educational information on the computer screen and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After filling in all the required details, candidates need to proceed with payment of the Counselling Fee. The counselling Fees will not be refunded.
There are the following two modes for payment of the Counselling Fee:
a. Payment by Bank Challan: If the candidate wants to Pay the Counselling Fee through Bank Challan, he/she should select the offline / NEFT Challan option from Payment mode appearing on the computer screen and download the Challan and get the print and
visiting any Bank up to the scheduled last date, the Counselling Fee may be paid through NEFT mode.
b. Online Payment: If the candidate wants to pay the Counselling Fee through Online mode, e.g. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking, he/she should select an online option from payment mode appearing on the computer screen and “Make the Payment.”
should be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The candidate has to pay a processing charge additional to Counselling Fee for payment through online mode.
All the selected candidates have to execute a bond on a requisite stamp paper at admission. If any candidate leaves the course without completion, shall have to pay/deposit bond money of `10, 000, 00/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs) only.
MBBS Seat Reservation 2020
|NE (For all North Eastern seats including Sikkim)||18|
|Seats to be filled based on Common All India||8|
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG Admit Card.
- NEET UG Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Meghalaya candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc.)
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected based on their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about it. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking, etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below.
Government MBBS Colleges in Meghalaya
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong||2008||North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
Private BDS Colleges in Meghalaya
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Intake|
|CMJ University Meghalaya||N/A|
Note: Above mentioned establishment year is according to NMC. To know more information about MBBS/BDS Govt/Private Colleges Seat Matrix, Click Here.
Seat Allotment Process
The Meghalaya NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. The Seat allotment will be based entirely on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The Meghalaya MBBS and BDS 2021 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the first week of July. The seat allotment result will be published online on the official website of NEIGRI of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong.
Applying seekers who have been allotted seats in Round I will also opt for up-gradation in Second Round. And in case the candidate gets an upgraded seat in the seconds Round, the seat allotted in the First Round will stand cancelled.
MBBS Seat Reservation 2021
|NE (For all North Eastern seats including Sikkim)||18|
|Seats to be filled based on Common All India||8|
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AQI and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Note: 2021 Cutoff is not yet released by the official website. We have just expected the NEET 2021 cutoff based on the past database.
Here we are providing the information’s about Meghalaya Useful Resources State Counselling Process, Particular state seat matrix, fee structure, Cutoff and more. You can check the complete details below.
|Meghalaya Medical College||Click here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Cutoff||Click Here|
|NEET UG Counselling Process||Click Here|
NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Live NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|Talk to NEET Expert Counsellor: Call Now||Call Now +91-9873056333|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Click Here|
|Admission 2021 Help Desk||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences conducts the Meghalaya NEET 2021.
A. Meghalaya MBBS/BDS admission 2021 will be open to students who will qualify NEET.
A. The counselling will be conducted in the online mode for Meghalaya MBBS admission 2021.
A. The online application forms will soon be released by the authority.
A. No. the Counselling will be conducted in an Online mode.