Meghalaya NEET Counselling 2022: Meghalaya NEET Counselling will start after completing 15% AIQ counselling. The Meghalaya NEET state counselling is Organized by the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences. The Admission in MBBS & BDS courses is based on NEET Scorecard, and only NEET-qualified candidates can apply and participate in NEET Counselling 2022. The scorecard of NEET-UG will be accepted by the various government and private medical and dental institutions of Meghalaya.
Throughout this article, we are providing detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling like dates, online registration form, counselling process, eligibility criteria for Participating in Meghalaya NEET counselling, Participating institutes of Medical & dental colleges, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Documents required at document verification centre, category-wise seat reservation criteria, NEET 2022 released cutoff & much more.
|Latest Update:-North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Science Shillong released the Meghalaya NEET UG 2022 Counselling general information notice to all the candidates who are applying for 18 (eighteen) MBBS seats Northeast open category will be held on 26 October 2022.|
NEET 2022 Brief Description
Before discussing the details of the Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2022.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||17 July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Result||07 September 2022 (Announced)|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2022 Counselling Starting Date||11/10/2022|
|Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Starting Date||To be Announced|
|Meghalaya NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong|
|No. of Government Seats in Meghalaya||50|
|Want NEET 2022 Counselling Support?||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
MCC NEET UG 1st Round Counselling Schedule 2022 (Out)
MCC has released the NEET UG 2022 Counselling dates for the 1st Round, 2nd Round and Mop-up Round to admission in MBBS/BDS/B.Sc. Nursing Courses. Candidates must follow these schedules to be admitted to dream medical/dental colleges in India; let’s look.
|Registration/Payment||11/10/2022 to 17/10/2022 (up to11:00|
AM) only as per Server Time.
|Choice Filling/ Locking||14/10/2022 to 18/10/2022 (up to|
11:55 PM) as per Server Time
|Verification of Internal Candidates|
by the respective Universities/ Institutes
|17/10/2022 to 18/10/2022|
|19/10/2022 to 20/10/2022|
|Reporting||22/10/2022 to 28/10/2022|
|Reporting to the institute allotted||To be Announced|
Meghalaya NEET UG 2022 Counselling Update (Out)
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Science Shillong released the Meghalaya NEET UG 2022 Counselling general information notice to all the candidates who are applying for 18 (eighteen) MBBS seats Northeast open category will be held on 26 October 2022.
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Date 2022 (Out)
Below mentioned in the Time Schedule for Meghalaya NEET-UG 2022 Online Counselling for Govt/Private Medical/Dental Colleges/Institutions/ University (MBBS/BDS) Courses. Let’s have a Look.
|Prospectus and Application forms will be available on the NEIGRIHMS website www.neigrihms.gov.in||14th September 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date of Submitting the Application forms||14th October 2022 (Friday)|
|Merit list of candidates selected for counselling||To be announced|
|Round-1 Counselling||To be announced|
|Round-2 Counselling||To be announced|
|The provisional allotment list of candidates called for round two counselling.||To be announced|
|Commencement of Session||To be announced|
The candidates shall be selected purely based on merit (rank) in NEET-UG-2022. The following documents are required along with the application.
- Domicile certificate
- Admit Card of NEET-UG Exam 2022
- Score Card of NEET-UG Exam-2022
- Age Proof Certificate
- Pass Certificate of Class X and Class XII
- Mark Sheet of Class XII
- EWS certificate issued by the competent authority (for those candidates applying under EWS Category)
- Passport photograph
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2022
Here in this section, we provide detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling Eligibility Criteria; candidates must read the complete eligibility criteria before applying the Meghalaya NEET Counselling. You can check the information like the Qualifying entrance exam, educational qualification, Age criteria, and domicile for Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling.
|Education Qualification||(i) Only candidates who are indigenous inhabitants or Permanent Residents of the State and have passed a 10+2 level examination from a recognized|
University or Board of Authority in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English and qualifying NEET-UG 2022 are
eligible to apply. Further, subject to the production of a Permanent Resident Certificate,
(ii) Children of employees of the Central Government, other State/ UT
Government who are on deputation to Meghalaya and
(iii) Children of employees of the Central Government, All India Services,
and other State/ UT governments posted in and having headquarters within
Meghalaya will also be eligible to apply, provided they fulfil conditions at (i) above.
|Age Criteria||They should complete the age of 17 on or before 31st December 2022. The upper age limit for Candidates is 25 years as of 31st December 2022. However, provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by five years for the candidates of SC/ST|
|Medical Fitness||Applicants should be medically fit.|
|Application Fees||Rs. 500/-|
Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Procedure
A candidate can visit the official North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences portal to register for NEET-UG 2022 Meghalaya State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process as per the prepared merit list, and the list of the applicants called for counselling will be displayed on the official website.
- Applicants must be present at the counselling venue as per the notified date. During the counselling procedure, applicants must fill in and lock in the choices/preferences of colleges.
- Seats will be allotted to the applicants based on the rank secured by the applicants and their preference choices.
- You must submit a seat allotment letter to the allotted institution before the last admission date.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Meghalaya must register for NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You must choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme court of India.
How to Apply
- Step I: The candidate must visit the official Website.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Option.
- Step 3 (Personal Information): After successfully registering and activating the account, candidates need to fill in their personal information. Make sure all the information is correct while filling out the application form.
- Step 4 (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information, the candidate should upload their passport-size photograph of high contrast (The photo must be snapped with a placard containing the candidate’s name and snapping date) and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same. After uploading the photo and signature, click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 5 (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature, the candidate should enter their educational information on the computer screen and click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After filling in all the required details, candidates must pay the Counselling Fee. The counselling Fees will not be refunded.
There are the following two modes for payment of the Counselling Fee:
a. Payment by Bank Challan: If the candidate wants to Pay the Counselling Fee through Bank Challan, they should select the offline / NEFT Challan option from the Payment mode appearing on the computer screen and download the Challan and get the print and
visiting any Bank up to the scheduled last date, the Counselling Fee may be paid through NEFT mode.
b. Online Payment: If the candidate wants to pay the Counselling Fee through Online mode, e.g. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking, they should select an online option from the payment mode appearing on the computer screen and “Make the Payment.”
should be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The candidate must pay a processing charge additional to Counselling Fee for payment through online mode.
All the selected candidates have to execute a bond on a requisite stamp paper at the time of
admission. If any candidate leaves the course without completion shall have to pay/deposit bond money of Rs. 10,000,00/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs) only.
Category-wise, Meghalaya MBBS Seat Reservation
This section provides detailed information about Meghalaya NEET-UG 2022 Counselling category-wise seat reservation criteria; you can check the seat reservation percentage of NE (For all North Eastern seats, including Sikkim), Meghayala Students, Arunachal Pradesh students, Nagaland students, Seats to be filled based on Common All India etc.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all North Eastern States, including Sikkim)||18|
|Seats are to be filled on the basis of Common All India||8|
Meghalaya NEET Counselling 2022 Selection Procedure
This section provides detailed information about Meghalaya MBBS & BDS Counselling Selection Procedure; candidates must read the selection process before applying the Meghalaya NEET Counselling. Let’s have a look.
- Application Form without NEET UG 2022 (RESULT SHEET) will not be considered under any circumstances.
- The selection of otherwise medically fit and eligible candidates will be based purely on merit/counselling after a candidate obtains a qualifying percentile in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2022. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, the minimum marks shall be as prescribed to such categories and subject to the Reservation Policy of the State Government applicable in this regard.
- No application will be accepted or entertained after the last date of submission.
- The list of candidates eligible for screening will be displayed on the website above.
- The date for screening will be notified later.
- The final list of applicants selected for nomination under all categories and the waiting list for each such category will be displayed in the Notice Board of Directorate of Health Services (MI), Meghalaya, Shillong/Office of the District Medical & Health Officer, Tura, West Garo Hills and in the Government website. It will also be published in the local dailies by Shillong and Tura. All applicants are required to ascertain the nominations from the above sources. No individual intimation will be served on any applicant selected for nomination.
- Applicants whose names are included in the list selected for the nomination and published as above are required to report the to the Under Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya, Health & Family Welfare Department, Room No. 506, Additional Secretariat Building within the date and time to be indicated while publishing the list of selected Candidates and personally submit their letter of acceptance, execute Surety Bond for the value of Rs. 30,00,000/- (Rupees Thirty Lakhs) only ( in case of MBBS Course) with 5(five) years of Rural service and to collect their letter of nomination for further instructions, as the case may be. Any selected applicant, who fails to report according to the fixed date as specified above, will automatically lose their right to the nomination, and the next eligible candidate from the waiting list will be nominated.
- Terms and conditions for admission and all other requirements, including recurring fees of the concerned Medical Institution to which the applicant is nominated, will have to be abided and paid by the applicant concerned in time. The responsibility on this count shall rest with the candidate/student.
- Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seat category shall be based on the NEET UG -2022 qualified SCORE and percentile of marks calculated.
- Candidates not qualified in the NEET-UG 2022 will not be considered for admission to the Institute, and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- All candidates’ merit list will be prepared based on the NEET-UG 2022 All-India Rank.
Meghalaya NEET Counselling Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tit and bit about it. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking, etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below.
Meghalaya Government MBBS Colleges
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong||2008||North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
Meghalaya Private BDS Colleges
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Intake|
|CMJ University Meghalaya||N/A|
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Out)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
NEET UG Cutoff 2021
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR/EWS||50th percentile||720 – 138||770881|
|OBC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||66907|
|SC||40th Percentile||137 – 108||22384|
|ST||40th Percentile||137 – 108||9310|
|UR / EWS &|
|45th Percentile||137 – 122||132|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||137 – 108||288|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||136 – 108||98|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||135 – 108||21|
|A||One time fees|
|2.||University Enrolment & Registration Fees||1000/-|
|5.||Sports & Games Fees||1,000/-|
|7.||Cultural & Annual Meet Fees||1,000/-|
|8.||Health Care Fees||1,000/-|
|9.||Students Body Fees||300/-|
|C.||Security deposit (For different sections, which is|
refundable after the respective
Here we provide information about Meghalaya’s Useful Resources, State Counselling Process, Particular state seat matrix, fee structure, Cutoff and more. You can check the complete details below.
|Meghalaya Medical College||Click here|
|Meghalaya Dental Colleges||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Meghalaya Medical Colleges Cutoff||Click Here|
|Meghalaya NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Meghalaya NEET Seat Allotment||Click Here|
|Meghalaya NEET Conducting Authority||Click Here|
NEET 2022 Admission Support
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who conducts Meghalaya NEET 2022 counselling?
A. The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences conducts the Meghalaya NEET 2022.
Q. Who will be eligible for Meghalaya MBBS & BDS counselling 2022?
A. Meghalaya MBBS/BDS admission 2022 will be open to students who qualify for NEET.
Q. On which mode Meghalaya MBBS & BDS counselling will be conducted?
A. The counselling will be conducted online for Meghalaya MBBS admission 2022.
Q. When will the Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Application be out?
A. The authority will soon release the online application forms.
Q. Is Meghalaya NEET 2022 Counselling Offline?
A. No. The Counselling will be conducted Online mode.