NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines: NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a highly competitive exam that determines the future of many aspiring medical students. As a candidate, it is important to be well-prepared and well-informed about the guidelines and instructions to be followed on exam day. Here are some guidelines for NEET 2024 exam day. The NEET exam has been conducted on 05 May 2024.
In this article, we are going to discuss the NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines, and Candidates must follow these guidelines during the examination. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the exam guidelines for candidates who are appearing for NEET 2024. Due to nervousness and Excitement about the exam, many candidates forgot many things, so candidates must calm down and re-check all the documents (according to the guidelines of NTA). And must be aware of all NEET exam day Guidelines provided by the NTA for NEET 2024 examination.
1. Quick Facts
2. NEET 2024 Exam day guidelines?
3. NEET 2024 Exam day Time-Table
4. NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines: Exam Pattern
5. NEET Rules & Regulations – Dress Code
The important information on NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines is mentioned below in the table:
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen, Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours & 20 minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Punjabi and Malayalam.|
NEET 2024 Exam day guidelines?
To join NEET 2024, candidates should follow the exam day guideline provided by NTA. These exam day guidelines are essential for every candidate to know because if they fail to follow the guidelines, they will not be permitted to attend the Exam. Candidates are suggested to follow all the rules and regulations of the NEET exam.
- Admit Card: Candidates must carry their NEET 2024 Admit Card along with a valid photo ID proof to the exam centre. The admit card should be printed on an A4 size sheet and should contain all the necessary details.
- Reporting Time: Candidates must reach the exam centre at least 2 hours before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card. This is to ensure that there is ample time for security checks and other formalities.
- Prohibited Items: Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic gadgets, study materials, bags, or any other items inside the exam hall. Only the admit card, photo ID proof, and a pen are allowed.
- Dress Code: Candidates should wear light-coloured clothes with half sleeves. They are not allowed to wear shoes or sandals with heels, as these can cause inconvenience during the frisking process.
- COVID-19 Protocol: Candidates must follow all the COVID-19 protocols such as wearing a mask, using hand sanitisers, and maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Entry to Exam Hall: Candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after the completion of security checks. They must cooperate with the invigilators and follow their instructions at all times.
- Question Paper and Answer Sheet: Candidates will be provided with a question paper and an answer sheet. They must ensure that all the details mentioned on the answer sheet are correct before starting the exam.
- Exam Duration: The NEET 2024 exam duration is 3 hours. Candidates must use this time wisely and complete the exam within the given time frame.
- Rough Work: Rough work can be done in the space provided on the question paper. No additional sheets will be provided for rough work.
- Submission of Answer Sheet: Candidates must submit their answer sheets before leaving the exam hall. They must ensure that they have filled in all the required details on the answer sheet before submission.
By following these guidelines, candidates can have a hassle-free and smooth NEET 2024 exam day.
NEET 2024 Exam day Time-Table
Candidates must know the exam day timetable to be fully prepared for NEET 2024. The exam day time is a critical part of the NEET 2024 exam day guideline as it displays the details of how the exam will be conducted. Applicants can prepare for the exam accordingly.
|Event||Date and Time|
|NEET 2024 Exam date||May 5, 2024|
|NEET 2024 Exam timing||02.00 pm to 05.20 pm|
|NEET 2024 Exam Duration||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Occupying seats in the exam hall by||1:15 pm onwards|
|Last entry time to the exam hall||1:30 pm|
|Invigilator verifies admit cards and makes important announcements||1:30 pm to 1:45 pm|
|Distribution of exam booklets||1:45 pm|
|Candidates fill out particulars in the booklet||1:50 pm – 2 pm|
|Commencement of exams||2 pm|
|Conclusion of exams||5.20 pm|
NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines: Exam Pattern
|NEET 2024 |
|Mode||NEET 2024 will be conducted in an offline mode.|
|Duration||The duration will be 3 hours & 20 minutes|
|Medium||There are thirteen language options for NEET 2024question paper.|
|Marking scheme||Applicants must, at all times, keep in mind that NEET 2024|
has a negative marking system.
Note: To know more info about the NEET-UG 2024 Exam Pattern, No of Question etc. Click Here
NEET Rules & Regulations – Dress Code
NTA is strict about the Dress Code for NEET Exam, and the rules are mandatory to follow for both boys and girls. These specifications must be strictly followed if the candidate failed to do so, it can lead to disqualification from the exam. Hence, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination. To know more info about NEET-UG 2024 Dress Code for Males & females, Click Here.
NEET Exam Day Instructions & Documents required
- No documents without NEET admit card 2024 and photographs will be authorized inside the exam hall.
- For the advantage of applicants, the invigilators will announce the time:
- In the beginning
- In half-time
- At the end of the exam
- Applicants will be required to sign the answer sheet at the beginning of the NEET 2024 exam and then after the end of the exam.
- Applicants will be needed to give their finger impressions on the attendance sheet.
- To fill in the detailed information on the test booklet, applicants will be given the test booklet 15 minutes before the exam.
- Applicants will be provided with a ballpoint pen in the exam hall to write the exam.
- To check the number of pages in the booklet, applicants will be provided with five minutes to open the seal of the test booklet right before the start of the test.
- Applicants must secure that the code written on the test booklet is related to the one provided on the answer sheet inserted in the test booklet.
- Applicants will have to fill in the features on either side of the OMR answer sheet.
- It is compulsory to submit the OMR sheet to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why are NEET exam day guidelines necessary?
To attend an entrance test on such a large scale would require due cooperation from the applicants for which NEET exam day guidelines 2024 are essential. These instructions will help the applicants appear for the examination without making any mistakes and causing avoidable hassles.
Who is the authority to publish the NEET exam day guidelines?
National Testing Agency is the authority to lay down exam day guidelines before appearing for the NEET exam.
Are nail paints allowed on the exam date?
It is best to avoid nail paint as it can cause hassle at the time of frisking at the exam centre.
Are leggings allowed in NEET 2024 for female candidates?
No, the female NEET test takers are only allowed to wear salwar and trousers at NEET exam centres in 2024.