National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-PG 2022) exam Notification has been released. This Admission Seeker may submit NEET Form only online mode. The NEET PG 2022 exam is the only gateway for admissions into medical PG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges in India. So, a candidate must know about the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria before filling out the application form.
NEET PG 2022 will be conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). Throughout this article, we will discuss the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria. Get updated information about Age, Nationality, Qualification etc.
The exam pattern of NEET PG 2022 gives detailed information about the duration of the exam, the number of questions asked, the medium of question paper and more. The detailed information about NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria are listed below.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Popular Name||NEET UG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a Year|
|Examination Level||National-level Exam|
|Application Fee (General)||5015 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
Aspirants are advised to read the complete detailed information on NEET PG Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible. Once going through all the requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions of NEET PG 2022 are given below:
- Only Indian candidates can apply.
- Foreign nationals can also apply for admission for NEET PG 2022.
MBBS Degree: Applicants have an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and own permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the National Medical Commission or State Medical Council.
Internship Required: The candidate who has completed one year of training or is likely to end may apply for NEET PG 2022
All India 50% Quota seats: Those Aspirants who studied or passed MBBS from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir states are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats.
NEET PG Admission 2022; Get confirmed admission
Call Now: 07838437523
While candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible to participate in NEET PG 50% All India Quota seats. However, students who the Government of India nominated under central pool seats for MBBS course in J&K medical colleges in J&K are considered eligible for admission to All India 15% Quota seats, as per the NEET PG guidelines eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Medical Graduates
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have taken their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test), which the National Board of Examinations conducts.
Further, they should have been registered with NMC/SMC and completed their internship before 30th June 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign nationals in NEET PG 2022
On payment of the prescribed fee for registration, the National Medical Commission may grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which they are admitted for exclusively pursuing postgraduate studies. Foreign nationals don’t need to have temporary registration with NMC when writing NEET PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without NMC registration.
Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2022 will not be allowed to appear in the examination and counselling. In the unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and being successful in the NEET-PG 2022, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and are considered to be withdrawn.
- Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2022 from candidates completing or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same—the cutoff date for completion of internship to determine st eligibility for appearing in NEET-PG 2022.
- Appearing in NEET-PG does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at a medical institute /college for MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses.
- The dates indicated by candidates concerning 12 months of Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final, and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
- The cutoff dates for the Medical Colleges’ recognition, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2022, will be prescribed by NMC. The Colleges recognized after the cut-off date specified by NMC will not be considered.
- Registration with NMC/ State Medical Council is necessary, and the candidates should furnish documentary proof on the day of examination and at the time of counselling/admission.
- Some Universities/Institutions have regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or another University are not eligible for admission until they complete the course.
- The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the university’s eligibility conditions. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused admission.
- A candidate can submit their online application form and appear for NEET-PG 2022 only once for admission to the academic year 2022-2022. Candidates submitting multiple application forms will not be allowed to appear in NEET-PG.
**Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that they must meet the eligibility criteria as stated here.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Candidates must possess an MBBS degree or a certificate recognised by the National Medical Commission to apply for NEET PG 2022. Candidates applying for NEET PG 2022 should have a reasonable degree and should have completed their internship.
YES, of course, you can. But you are not exempted from the NEET exam because you did BSc. Even after MSc, you can, but it is the same.
Applicants must have completed 17 years as of December 31, 2022. The NEET upper age limit has been removed, and anyone can apply for the medical entrance exam. There are no restrictions on the maximum NEET attempt limit of 2022.