NEET PG 2023: NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses. As per the latest update by NBE, the exam schedule has been released, and registration will start on 07 January 2023. The last date of registration will be 27 January 2023 at natboard.edu.in. According to the authority, the exam date has been set for March 5. The examination results will be released on March 31. Candidates who hold an MBBS degree from a recognised medical institution and meet the other NEET PG eligibility criteria will be able to apply.
No other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. Qualifying for the exam is mandatory for access to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses under various Universities/ Institutions in the country. It is compulsory even for foreign nationals seeking admission to medical colleges in India. This article will help you learn about NEET PG 2023 Exam in complete detail, such as Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres.
|Page Index||Page Index|
Result and Scorecard
Before going to the complete description of the entrance examination, let’s look at a summary of the exam.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Popular Name||NEET PG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a Year|
|Examination Level||National-level Exam|
|Application Fee (General)||Rs. 4250/-|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
Scope of NEET PG
NEET-PG 2023 will be the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses for the academic year 2023-24 and will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for all States/Union territories of India.
- State quota seats for all States/Union territories of India.
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- Post MBBS DNB Courses, Direct 6 years DrNB Courses and Post MBBS NBEMS Diploma Courses
Centralized admissions do not cover the following Medical institutions for MD/MS seats through the exam for the 2023-24 session:
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2023 Important Dates
The important dates for the application form are listed in the table below, and it will assist candidates in keeping track of essential registration events.
|Online Submission of Applications||7th January 2023 (3 PM Onwards) to 27th January 2023 (Till 11:55 PM)|
|Edit Window for All Payment Success Applications (Any information/documents can be edited except Name, Nationality, Email, Mobile number and Test City)||30th January 2023 to 3rd February 2023|
|Edit Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images |
(No further opportunity shall be given)
3. Thumb Impression
|14th February 2023 to 17th February 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card||27th February 2023|
|Examination Date||5th March 2023|
|Declaration of Result||By 31st March 2023|
|The cut-off date for completion of the internship towards the eligibility exam||31st March 2023|
Aspirants are advised to read the complete detailed information on eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible. Once going through all the requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility conditions for the exam are given below.
NEET PG Admission 2022; Get confirmed admission
Call Now: 09711997734
- Candidates in possession of an MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the NMC Ac, 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Candidates who have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2023 may apply for the exam.
How to fill out the NEET PG Application Form?
One should follow these simple steps to apply for the application form.
- Step 1: Register for NEET PG 2023 online.
- Step 2: Complete the application form.
- Step 3: Choose an exam centre.
- Step 4: Insert scanned images into the application form 2023.
- Step 5: Pay the application fee for 2023.
- Step 6: Print the completed application form.
|General, OBC and EWS||Rs. 4250/-|
|SC, ST, PWD||Rs. 3250/-|
This section provides detailed information about the Exam Pattern for the 2023-24 session, such as how many questions will be asked examination, total marks, duration of the study, exam paper language, etc. Let’s have a look.
|Examination Mode||Computer-based Test|
|Examination Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Question Paper Medium||English|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Question Types||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Pattern||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: – 1 mark, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
There are given Important Tips related to NEET PG.
- Firstly, know all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Practice mock tests & previous year’s question papers.
- Make a proper timetable for your preparations.
- Consider the excellent preparation of books and study materials.
- Consider the excellent preparation of books and study materials.
- Stay stress-free & healthy while preparing for exams.
This section provides detailed information about the Syllabus for the 2023-23 session, like how many topics will be asked from Pre-clinical subjects, Para-clinical subjects, Clinical subjects, etc. Let’s have a look.
|Phase I – Pre-clinical subjects||Anatomy|
This section provides detailed information about the NEET PG Admit Card 2023, like downloading admit cards and step-by-step guidance. Let’s have a look.
- Visit the official website – nbe.edu.in and select the “NEET PG 2023” tab.
- Click on the “applicant login”.
- Enter the user ID and password to log in
- Enter any two details from – Application Number (6 digits), Date of Birth or Email ID.
- View and download the admit card.
- Take a clear print of the admit card.
|Microbiology||Self-Assessment & Review Microbiology & Immunology|
|Pathology||Pathologic Basis of Disease|
|Pharmacology||Review of Pharmacology|
|Forensic Medicine||Self-Assessment & Review of Basic Subjects (Anatomy & Forensic Medicine)|
Sample Papers in PDF
Here is the link to download Sample Papers. You may also use these question papers from previous years as model papers for NEET PG 2023. Let us have a look.
NEET PG 2023 Result and Scorecard
NBE will publish the NEET PG 2023 results on its official website. The final result will be uploaded in PDF format on the official website. Candidates must log into their registered account to download their scorecard/rank card. Candidates are advised to save a hard copy of their results for future reference during the counselling process. Candidates should know that the results will only be valid for that academic session. The NEET PG 2023 cut-off score for each category will be released along with the results.
NEET PG 2023 Cut Off
NEET PG 2023 cutoff, the minimum qualifying percentile, has been released by NBE. Various factors decide the NEET PG cutoff 2023, including the number of candidates who appeared for the exam, availability of total seats, and difficulty level of the exam. The minimum qualifying percentile for general candidates is 50th, while for SC/ST/OBC, it is the 40th percentile.
|Category||Qualifying percentile||NEET PG revised the qualifying percentile||Cut-off scores 2022|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||20||260|
The NEET PG answer key contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. The answer key assists candidates in estimating their probable exam scores. Similarly to the question paper, the NBE does not provide an official answer key. However, some coaching institutes will release an unofficial answer key shortly after the exam. The NEET PG 2023 answer key will be prepared based on exam takers’ memories. With the answer key in hand, candidates can calculate the total number of correct and incorrect responses for the exam.
Due to many applicants, the NBE follows strict policies to maintain the discipline and fairness of the exam. Among the essential procedures is the dress code for NEET PG 2023. NBE has prescribed a dress code for the examination day and a list of prohibited items in the examination hall. Below are a few essential pointers about the dress code:
Dress code for males:
- Try to wear simple pants/shirts.
- Full-sleeved shirts/T-shirts are not allowed.
- Clothes should not have pockets, zips, big buttons, layers etc.
- Avoid layering your clothing.
- Kurtas and pyjamas should be avoided.
- Footwear should be simple. Boots, shoes or any concealing/covered footwear are not permitted.
- You can opt for light slippers/sandals.
Dress code for females:
- Wear half-sleeved Kurtis/shirts
- Long and fancy sleeves of any design are not allowed.
- Could you keep it simple? Avoid embroidery, frills, and layering with different pieces.
- Avoid all jewellery, both metallic and non-metallic
- Fancy footwear is not allowed in the exam hall. Avoid boots, heels, stilettos, and shoes.
- Opt for slippers or open sandals
Counselling will be scheduled only for those students who have qualified for the NEET PG 2022. The NEET PG Counselling process is conducted by the MCC (Medical Council Committee). Counselling entails registration, college/course selection, seat allotment, and reporting to the assigned institute. Admissions to the MD/MS/DNB programme will be determined through counselling. MCC will conduct seat allotment for institutions with 50% AQI, Deemed/Central Universities, and ESIC/AFMS. The respective state counselling authority will counsel 50% of the seats.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will NBE conduct NEET PG 2023 exam?
NBE will conduct the exam on 7 March. The exam will be held computer-based at designated centres across the country.
When will NBE release admit card for NEET PG 2023?
NBE will release admit cards for NEET PG 2023 on 27th February 2023. Candidates must download the admit card from the official website, nbe.edu.in.
Will NEET PG 2023 be held in pen and paper mode?
No. The exam will be held computer-based at designated centres across the country.
Which are the institutes that do not accept NEET PG scores for admission?
A. Institutes like AIIMS, New Delhi, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, NIMHANS, Bengaluru, SGPGI Lucknow, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum does not accept entrance exam scores.
What is the timing for NEET PG 2023 exam?
A. NEET PG 2023 exam will start at 9 am and conclude at 12: 30 pm. Candidates are advised to reach the centre at least an hour before the reporting time.
Will there be negative markings in the NEET PG exam?
Yes. According to the exam pattern, marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer, and a -1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.