PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh is also known as PGIMER Chandigarh. The college was established in the year 1962, to promote worlds class medical facilities using advanced medical techniques and treatment. The Institute provided modern facilities and the best service to its patients. PGIMER Chandigarh has highly qualified, determined, and devoted teaching staff who always support the student in every field.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh (PGIMER Chandigarh) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Aspirants May Also Check these Important links related to PGIMER Chandigarh 2020.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh (PGIMER Chandigarh)
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of PGIMER Chandigarh Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Popular Name||PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh, PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Approved||Medical Council Of India|
|Category||Medical College in Chandigarh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- It is a group of Autonomous Public medical college.
- PGIMER, Chandigarh is governed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Act, 1967
- Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) and University Grant Commission (UGC).
- OPD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency Department
- Diagnostic Services
- Blood BankRegional Cancer Center
- ICUs Super Speciality Centre
- Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
PGIMER Chandigarh offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|B.Sc (Paramedical)||257||3 years|
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
Note– 5% seats are reserved for candidates who have actually worked or are working in rural areas with less than 5000 population for a minimum period of 2 years in MD/MS Course.
Faculty & Staff
PGIMER Chandigarh provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- One can apply to the college through their PGIMER Entrance Exam Scorecard conducted by the Institution.
- Applications are invited through countrywide advertisement in leading newspapers usually during September/October and March/April for the January and July sessions respectively. The entrance examination is held in December for the January session and in June for the July session.
- MD/MS Courses Candidates are assessed at a formal entrance-test on the basis of a suitably designed Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type theory paper. For candidates appearing for MD/MS entrance examination, the theory paper consists of 250 questions pertaining to subjects studied during the MBBS course viz
Admission Seekers are advised to read the full detail information PGIMER Chandigarh Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2020 is given below:
- Interested applicants are required to have an MBBS degree from a University or an Institute authorized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively
- It is compulsory for all the applying candidates to be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council.
MDS / House Job (Oral Health Sciences)
- Interested candidates must have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree of Panjab University or any other university recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- It is compulsory for all the applicants to be registered with Central/ State Dental Registration Council.
- Candidates must have either completed or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session respectively.
Other important information for House Job entrance.
- The candidates selected for House Job (Oral Health Sciences) are appointed for six months. On the recommendation of the Head of the department, this period can be extended up to one year.
- The candidate will be offered House Job only once in the department for a maximum tenure of one year.
- Candidates become eligible for House Job within three years of obtaining the BDS degree.
- If a candidate has done House Job in the past in any hospital or institute, then he/she is not eligible for House Job at PGIMER.
- Candidates must have the MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification from a University / Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India or B.Sc (in the respective discipline) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma passed from a recognized University. Candidates who possess the qualification of MBBS should not have more than one attempt made during the MBBS course.
- For Gen/OBC candidates the candidates belonging to SC/ST with two attempts during the MBBS course will be eligible. The candidates who have a “Failure” in the MBBS examination or “Compartment” or “Reappear” in the examination will constitute an attempt. The duration of the course will be two Academic years.
M.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
- Candidates are required to have a B. Sc. degree with a diploma in Radiography from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks in each exam and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject. OR
- Candidates can have a degree of B.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology or Radiotherapy) from a recognized Institute /University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject.
- For the remaining M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology courses candidates are required to have a B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology degree from a recognized Institute/University with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining the qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology.
- Candidates must have an MBBS degree with a minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible
- Candidates must have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR/CSIR, etc (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
- Candidates must have passed the required MD/MS or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates must be within the prescribed age limit as on 1 st July 2018 as detailed below:
|General category||35 years|
|SC/ST candidates||40 years (05 years)|
|OBC candidates||38 years (03 years)|
|Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officer|
including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or
released on satisfactory assignment
|Sponsored candidates from other State Governments||No age limit|
- Candidates are required to have B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic degree from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by May 23, 2018 (the last date for submission of applications) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates must have an experience certificate in this regard and they must be on the letterhead of the hospital and should indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of the number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt. (S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Candidates are required to be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for the nursing of men, women, and children.
Master of Public Health
- Candidates are required to have passed the MBBS/BDS/B.V.Sc./BE/MA/M.Sc .examination or its equivalent qualification from recognized University/Institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate. However, those belonging to SC/ST with at least 45% marks in aggregate will be eligible.
- The degree of the candidates must be recognized by the Medical/Dental/Veterinary Council of India/the Institution of Engineers (India) and University Grant Commission/AICTE
- Candidates are required to have passed the MD/MS, or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates are required to be within the prescribed age limit as on/before 31st December for January and 30th June.
MD (Hospital Administration):
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with a minimum experience of three years in a hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate issued by the District Magistrate in support of the general practice claimed should be enclosed with the application.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all MBBS professional examinations for other categories including OBC category and 50% for candidate belonging to SCs/ STs.
- Candidates are also required to be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
***Before applying for the test, all the candidates must make sure that the eligibility criteria as stated here must be met by them.
Here, we have mentioned the fee structure along with the respective courses for only PGIMER Chandigarh, to go through with this information before filling the application form.
|Post MD Certificate||N/A|
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
Previous Year Cutoffs
The PGIMER 2020 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and last year admission record. Check out the PGIMER Cutoff.
Cutoff Qualifying Percentile
According to previous year qualifying percentile, Admission Seekers secure with 50 percentile irrespective of their category. Based on PGIMER cutoff, the conducting body will calculate the percentile scores. The percentile scores are based on the performance of candidates who appeared in the entrance examination.
Here’s given category wise percentile marks-
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|OBC, OPH. SC/ST. Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
Category-wise PGIMER 2019 Cutoff rank
The candidate can get the whole stepwise counselling process of PGIMER 2020 has been mentioned below:
- All the applicants who successfully cleared PGIMER 2020 for January session will be shortlisted for the counselling process.
- Before reporting at PGIMER counselling 2020 venue, MD/MS applicants need to download the individual rank letters and get a print of it for verification.
- It is compulsory to reach the venue for PGIMER seat allotment process on or before the specified date for attendance.
- Every candidate will be required to choose their colleges as per their speciality and rank.
- As per their preferences, they will be informed about the number of seats available in a particular speciality.
- The counselling of PGIMER 2020 for January session will be held on the basis of preferences provided, seats available, rank secured, reservation criteria and other factors.
- After the allotment, candidates have to provide their option whether they wish to accept the seat or want to appear for subsequent rounds of PGIMER counselling.
- Any candidate who will be absent at the time of counselling will be considered as ineligible for the admission process. Those will be eligible for other remaining rounds.
- In case, if an applicant is late or is/are not available when called, then they will be granted admission in the courses offered after the completion of PGIMER counselling 2020 round.
- PGIMER, Chandigarh will conduct a second, third and fourth round of PGIMER 2020 counselling in case of seats left vacant.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates will be required to produce the relevant documents for verification purposes along with the payment of fees.
The following list of documents is required for verification purposes, which must be provided at the time of PGIMER 2020 counselling. Whichever candidate unable to show the following document/certificate will not be allowed for admission in PGIMER 2020 January session.
- Printed PGIMER filled application form 2020
- Passport size photograph (to be pasted in the application form)
- PGIMER Admit card 2020
- ID proof with photograph (same as used during registration)
- Original degrees of qualifying MBBS or provisional mark sheet
- Class 12 and 10 pass certificates
- Internship certificate
- MCI registration certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Selected category candidates must provide original Aadhaar card
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh|
- It is one of the Premier Medical Institute of Chandigarh.
We would like to rate this college 4.3 out of 5 stars in Edufever Best Medical Colleges in India.
PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh
Sector-12, Chandigarh, 160 012
Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078
Website: Click here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. Candidate need to apply through Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam.
A. Candidates can make the payment via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
A. Yes, Marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
A. Yes, students have to submit a separate application for each course.
The Institute accepts foreign nationals for various courses imparted at the Institute. For MD/MS courses, we have reserved some seats for foreign nationals. However, for DM/M.Ch. (Super-speciality) courses, there is no reservation for foreign nationals. A good working knowledge of English is essential.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.