PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh is also known as PGIMER Chandigarh. The college was established in the year 1962, to promote worlds class medical facilities using advanced medical techniques and treatment.
The Institute provided the modern facilities and best service to its patients. PGIMER Chandigarh has highly qualified, determined and devoted teaching staff who always support the student in every field.
PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of PGIMER Chandigarh Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Popular Name||PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh, PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Approved||Medical Council Of India|
|Category||Medical College in Chandigarh|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about PGIMER Chandigarh Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- It is a group of Autonomous Public medical college.
- PGIMER, Chandigarh is governed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Act, 1967
- Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI) and University Grant Commission (UGC).
- OPD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency Department
- Diagnostic Services
- Blood BankRegional Cancer Center
- ICUs Super Speciality Centre
- Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Biotechnology Facilities
- Community Health Centre
|S.No.||Course||Duration||Start Month & Date||Entrance Qualification|
|1||B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Laboratory)||3 Years||September, 1st||Details from the Dean’s office|
|2||B.Sc. Med. Tech. (X-Ray)||3 Years||September, 1st||-do-|
|3||B.Sc. Audiology & Speech Therapy||4 Years||September, 1st||-do-|
|4||B.Sc. Med. Tech. Radio-Therapy||3 Years||September, 1st||-do-|
|5||Bachelor of Physical Therapies (B.Ph.T)||4 1/2 Years |
|6||B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Operation Theatre)||3 Years||September, 1st||-do-|
|7||B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Perfusionist)||3 Years||September, 1st||-do-|
|Course||Duration||Start Month& Date||Entrance Qualification|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Pathology)||2 years||1st January & 1st July||Details from the Dean’s office|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech.(Microbiology)||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech (Radiology)||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech. Pharmacology & Physiology||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Biochemistry)||2 years||1st July||-do-|
|* M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Transfusion Medicine)||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|*M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Hematology)||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|M.Sc. Speech & Hearing||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|M.Sc. Pharmacology||2 years||1st January & 1st July||-do-|
|M.Sc. Bio-chemistry||2 years||1st July||-do-|
|M.Sc. Medical Bio-Technology||2 years||1st July||-do-|
|1||Addiction Psychiatry||Three Years||MD (Psychiatry) or equivalent|
|2||Child and Adolescent Psychiatry||MD (Psychiatry) or equivalent|
|3||Cardiac Anesthesia||MD (Anesthesiology) or equivalent|
|4||Cardiology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|5||Clinical Hematology||MD (Medicine) or equivalent|
|6||Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology||MD (Medicine) or equivalent|
|7||Clinical Pharmacology||MD (Pharmacology) or equivalent|
|8||Endocrinology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|9||Gastroenterology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|10||Pediatric Gastroenterology||MD (Pediatrics)|
|11||Haematopathology||MD (Pathology) or equivalent|
|12||Hepatology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|13||Histopathology||MD (Pathology) or equivalent|
|14||Nephrology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|15||Neurology||MD (Medicine), MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|16||Pediatric Neonatology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|17||Pediatric Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|18||Pediatrics Critical Care||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|19||Pediatric Hematology-Oncology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|20||Pediatric Neurology||MD (Pediatrics) or equivalent|
|21||Neuro-anaesthesiology||MD (Anesthesiology) or equivalent|
|22||Neuroradiology||MD (Radiology) or equivalent|
|23||Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine||MD (Medicine/Pediatrics/Tuberculosis & Chest/Respiratory Diseases/Thoracic Medicine/ Pulmonary Medicine) or equivalent|
|Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery||January |
July Every Year
|Three Years||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Neurosurgery||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Pediatrics Surgery||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Plastic Surgery||MS (Surgery), MS (ENT), MS (Orthopedics) or equivalent|
|Surgical Gastroenterology||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
|Urology||MS (Surgery) or equivalent|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- One can apply to the college through their PGIMER Entrance Exam Scorecard conducted by the Institution.
- Applications are invited through countrywide advertisement in leading newspapers usually during September/October and March/April for the January and July session respectively. The entrance examination is held in December for the January session and in June for July session.
- MD/MS Courses Candidates are assessed at a formal entrance-test on the basis of a suitably designed Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type theory paper. For candidates appearing for MD/MS entrance examination, the theory paper consists of 250 questions pertaining to subjects studied during the MBBS course viz
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Age: 17 years or above as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- 5% seats are reserved for candidates who have actually worked or are working in rural areas with less than 5000 population for a minimum period of 2 years in MD/MS Course
- Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS) (Specified)
- One must clear the PGIMER Entrance Exam.
|Post MD Certificate||N/A|
No doubt that the college is the Best Medical college in India and also counts among the top 100 Medical Colleges in Asia. Studying and graduating from PGIMER Chandigarh can give you ample of opportunities in the future. Although the college does not offer any on-campus Job interviews, students passing from the college get placed in various Healthcare companies in India and abroad. Students are provided Internships and Job experience via clinical clerkships, voluntary scientific projects, House Jobs. Some of the reputed healthcare chains that the students of PGIMER Chandigarh prefer after doing MBBS are as followed.
- Appolo Healthcare
- Reddy Healthcare
- Max Healthcare etc.
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
PGIMER 2020 Expected Cutoff
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
PGIMER Qualifying Percentile
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55th Percentile|
|OBC, OPH. SC/ST. Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|Bhutanese Nationals||45th Percentile|
Category-wise PGIMER 2019 Cutoff rank
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh|
- It is one of the Premier Medical Institute of Chandigarh.
We would like to rate this college 4.9 out of 5 stars in Edufever Best Medical Colleges in India.
PG Institute of Medical Education Chandigarh
Sector-12, Chandigarh, 160 012
Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078
Website: Click here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!