gmch.gov.in 2024: Government Medical College & Hospital Chandigarh, also known as GMCH Chandigarh, conducts counselling sessions for Chandigarh MBBS/BDS/Ayush admissions. The authority conducts counselling for 85% of quota seats in the state medical and dental colleges. Students must apply for counselling to access various government and private medical/dental/Ayush colleges and universities in MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS courses.
Throughout this article, you can get information about GMCH Chandigarh Updates like the Number of participating colleges, Official Website, GMCH Chandigarh Counselling, Structure, GMCH Chandigarh Application Form, Registration Form, MBBS Admission, BDS, BAMS and BHMS & More!
GMCH Chandigarh Summary
Before discussing the complete details of the GMCH Chandigarh summary, let’s look.
|Government Medical College & Hospital Chandigarh
|GMCH Chandigarh Official Website
|NEET Exam Date 2024
|5 May 2024
|NEET 2024 Result
|1st week of June
|No Govt Medical Seats
|No Private Medical Seats
|No Govt Dental College
|No Private Dental College
|No of Govt Ayush College
|BAMS – 00, BHMS – 02
|No Private Ayush College
|BAMS – 60, BHMS – 50
|Paid Chandigarh NEET 2024 Counselling Support
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh
Chandigarh NEET Counselling Prospectus 2022-23
The prospectus is available only as a PDF document on the GMCH Website, www.gmch.gov.in, for viewing/downloading. Download a free pdf to learn more about Chandigarh NEET Counselling.
|Chandigarh NEET UG Prospectus
About Government Medical College
All government actions aim to promote human growth and improve people’s quality of life. The state needs highly qualified people to deal with health-related issues and promote good health. The medical education department trains medical and paramedical personnel to meet the state’s health needs.
Students of this College have consistently done well at various University examinations conducted by Punjab University. Many students have secured postgraduate courses at PGIMER Chandigarh, AIIMS New Delhi, and the All India PG Entrance Examination. They have also performed consistently in interviews conducted by the UPSC, Armed Forces Medical Services and various state Public Service Commissions. Many students have secured placements abroad, mainly in the USA, with high percentile marks in the USMLE examination. In addition to academic excellence, this College has consistently performed well in different cultural, literary, and sports activities. The Medical College has nearly 162 teaching staff in basic and clinical departments and 70 junior residents. The faculty is highly qualified and selected directly through UPSC.
GMCH Chandigarh Achievements & Milestones:-
- It has been consistently ranked among the top 25 medical institutions in India.
- It now offers postgraduate courses in Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, General Surgery, Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, ENT, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pulmonary Medicine, Psychiatry Radiodiagnosis, Radiation Oncology and Transfusion Medicine with a total annual intake of 132 students. Postgraduate courses in other remaining subjects will be started soon.
- It offers undergraduate courses in many allied health sciences.
- It offers post-doctoral training in almost all clinical specialities, which are highly sought-after due to the quality of training it provides.
- From the academic session 2013-14, the intake of MBBS students/year has been increased to 100.
- From the academic session 2019-20, the intake of MBBS students/year has been increased to 150.
GMCH Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2024
Candidates can visit the official portal of the Government Medical College & Hospital Chandigarh to get themselves registered for NEET Chandigarh State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
- GMCH Chandigarh Registration Form and its Fee Payment.
- Document Verification.
- Choice Filling and Locking.
- Seat Allotment.
- Reporting at the Institute
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at GMCH Chandigarh NEET Counselling will be asked to report the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Printout of GMCH Chandigarh Registration Form
- Allotment Letter
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who conducts Chandigarh NEET counselling?
Government Medical College & Hospital (GMCH Chandigarh) admission for GMCH Chandigarh NEET Counselling.
Who will be eligible for Chandigarh MBBS/BDS counselling?
Chandigarh MBBS/BDS admission will be open to students who qualify for NEET.
On which mode Chandigarh MBBS/BDS counselling will be conducted?
The counselling will be conducted online for Chandigarh MBBS admission.
When will the GMCH Chandigarh NEET Counselling Application be out?
The authority will soon release the online GMCH Chandigarh application form.
How many MBBS seats will be offered through the GMCH Chandigarh NEET Counselling?
The authorities offer 150 MBBS and 100 BDS seats in admission to medical and dental colleges.
How many BAMS & BHMS seats will be offered through the Chandigarh Ayush NEET Counselling?
There are a total of 60 BAMS and 50 BHMS seats offered by the authorities for admission to AYUSH colleges.
Is Chandigarh NEET Counselling Offline?
No. The GMCH Chandigarh Counselling will be conducted online.