The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level medical entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh, conducts the Chandigarh MBBS & BDS 2023 Counselling for eligible aspirants. Chandigarh NEET UG 2023 Counselling is the state centralized Online counselling process. A candidate can apply to MBBS & BDS courses in various Medical Colleges in Chandigarh and affiliated with the State Medical University of Chandigarh.
Throughout this article, we are providing detailed information about Chandigarh MBBS & BDS Counselling like dates, online registration form, counselling process, eligibility criteria for Participating in Chandigarh NEET Counselling, Participating institutes of Medical & dental colleges, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Document required at document verification centre, category-wise seat reservation criteria, NEET 2023 release cutoff. Candidates can also download the Chandigarh NEET UG Counselling ebook for better counselling guidance.
NEET 2023 Brief Description
Before discussing the complete details of the Chandigarh NEET 2023 Counselling Procedure, let’s briefly describe NEET 2023.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or |
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||7 May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result||To be announced|
|MCC AIQ NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|Chandigarh NEET 2023 Counselling Starting Date||To be announced|
|Chandigarh NEET Counselling Conducting Authority||Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh|
|No. of Government MBBS Seats in Chandigarh||150|
|No. of Government BDS Seats in Chandigarh||100|
|Want NEET 2023 Counselling Support?||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Chandigarh NEET UG Counselling 2023 Dates
This section will provide Chandigarh NEET Counselling 2023 schedule. Let’s have a look.
Get Latest Updated Entrance, Counselling Notice, Cutoff, Seats, Merit List etc.
- Get Latest NEET 2023 News by NTA via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET UG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET PG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
|Last date for submission of the application form||Important Dates|
|Chandigarh MBBS Admission Notification||To be announced|
|Online application form release date||To be announced|
|Last date for submission of application form||To be announced|
|Verification of PWD candidates||To be announced|
|Provisional Merit List||To be announced|
|Final merit list||To be announced|
|AP MBBS Counselling 2023 round 1 choice filling||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment List – Round 1||To be announced|
|Exercise of choices for Round 2||To be announced|
|Seat allotment list- Round 2||To be announced|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced|
Chandigarh NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates whose names appear in the NEET (SESSION 2023-24) FOR Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses (NEET (UG)-2023) merit list of successful candidates prepared by NTA (National Testing Agency) for MBBS/BDS will be eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS/BHMS. The NEET merit list will also apply to Foreign Indian Student/NRI/PIO category candidates for admission in MBBS/BDS/BHMS courses.
|Age Criteria||Every candidate seeking admission should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2023.|
|Qualifying examination||ONLY INDIAN CITIZENS are eligible to apply under the categories of UT Chandigarh Pool & All India Quota.|
A candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English individually in the qualifying 12th standard examination or other equivalent qualifying examination.
|Minimum percentage for 12th Standard Qualifying||A candidate must have secured the following minimum percentage of marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in the 12th standard examination or other equivalent qualifying examination: General category: not less than 50% (Includes Foreign Indian Student/NRI/PIO): SC category: not less than 40% & A person with Disability category: not less than 45%|
|Qualifying 12th Standard examination||A candidate appearing/appearing in the 12th Standard examination or other equivalent qualifying examination in 2023 where the result is awaited can also apply. However, they shall not be eligible for admission if they do not pass the qualifying examination with a required pass percentage of marks before the first round of Counselling. They would be allowed to attend the first Counselling only if a detailed marks certificate of the above-said examination is submitted before or at the time of the first Counselling, failing which they will be declared ineligible for the admission year 2023, and their application will be rejected.|
|NRI/PIO category candidates||The candidates (including Foreign Indian Student/NRI/PIO category candidates) must have come on the merit list of NEET (UG)-2023 for MBBS/BDS by securing the following minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together:|
General category: not less than 50th Percentile (Includes Foreign Indian Student/NRI/PIO): SC/ST category: not less than 40th Percentile
A person with a Disability category: not less than the 45th Percentile
|Merit List||Admission will be strictly based on rank/merit obtained in NEET (UG)-2023.|
Important Note: The Panjab University does not recognize the examination conducted by the under-noted Institute for admission purposes. Hence, students of the following institution are ineligible for admission to this course: Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad.
The Chandigarh NEET Counselling application fee must be paid online only as per the detail given below:-
|Category||Total Amount Payable (in)|
|For SC category||500/- + Bank Charges, if any.|
|For General & other categories||1000/- + Bank Charges, if any.|
|For Foreign Indian Student / NRI Category||7000/- + Bank Charges, if any.|
Note: The application fee, once paid, shall not be refunded.
Chandigarh NEET UG Counselling 2023
A candidate can visit the official http://gmch.gov.in/ portal to register for NEET 2023 Chandigarh State Counselling. Let’s talk about the counselling process at Chandigarh medical college. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
|Step 1||Visit the GMCH website, i.e. www.gmch.gov.in|
|Step 2||Go to “Admission”|
|The candidate will have to Upload a Photo & Signature in JPG format (<50KB)||Register by clicking on “Candidate Registration”. The candidate will receive a confirmation by email, including their Application ID on the registered email address.|
|Step 4||Login by clicking on “Candidate login”.|
|Step 5||The candidate will have to fill in demographic details and save the same.|
|Step 6||The candidate must fill in Educational Qualification demographic details and save the same.|
|Step 7||The candidate must select a course and category and save the same.|
|Step 8||Register by clicking on “Candidate Registration”. The candidate will receive a confirmation by email, including their Application ID, on the registered email address.|
|Step 9||The candidate must upload certificates/ documents as mentioned in the form/ prospectus.|
|Step 10||Before final submission, the candidate should check the detailed information in the previous steps through the review-filled form.|
|Step 11||The candidate will have to pay an online fee. The fee will not be delivered without entering above mentioned details.|
|Step 12||After all the entries mentioned above/steps, the form will be finally submitted after checking the final submission.|
|Step 13||To take print-out filled application form/ forms, Click on “Print”.|
How to Counselling Procedure for Applying
- The prospectus is only available as a PDF document on the GMCH Website, www.gmch.gov.in, for viewing/downloading. It is not available in printed form.
- The application form is available online only on GMCH Website. It is not available in printed form.
- Before applying, candidates are advised to carefully review the admission notice published in the newspapers and instructions given in the prospectus and then fill in the online Application Form.
- All candidates must complete the application form online, available at the GMCH Website www.gmch.gov.in. The candidate must fill the single state for MBBS, BDS and BHMS and may select multiple courses.
- An additional application fee is payable for each course selected and added while completing the online application form. The candidate has to pay the total fee online in a single transaction.
- The candidates should fill in all the relevant fields in the form. No field/Column should be left blank.
- The reservation category should be entered in the prescribed column of the online application form. No reservation-type addition or change will be allowed once the form has been submitted.
- The candidates belonging to General/ SC/ ST/ BC/ Jaj/ PwD for MBBS/BDS/BHMS course should upload the following documents when filling out the application form online.
- Documents are to be uploaded by the Foreign Indian Student / NRI students for MBBS/ BDS course when filling up the application form online.
- The last date for submitting a completed application form online will be soon.
The candidates belonging to General/ SC/ ST/ BC/ Jaj/ PwD for MBBS/BDS/BHMS course should upload the following Chandigarh NEET Counselling documents when filling up the application form online.
- NEET (UG)-2023 Result card.
- Matriculation certificate showing the date of birth or birth certificate issued by Govt. Authority.
- Passing Certificate of 10th Class.
- Passing certificate of 10+1 or other qualifying examination.
- Detailed marks sheet of 10+2 or other qualifying examinations.
- Reserved category certificate as applicable (Appendix C)
- A person with Disability (PwD) certificate is appropriate for BDS (Appendix I)
- Proof regarding ward of Defence Personnel, if applicable.
- Applicable Certificate for candidates applying against UT Chandigarh Pool Seats for MBBS/ BHMS (Appendix B1 / B2 / B3 as appropriate)
- Undertaking/affidavit that the candidate has not opted and claimed benefit of residence in any other State/UT other than Chandigarh.
Documents Required for NRI Students
Chandigarh NEET Counselling documents must be uploaded by the Foreign Indian Student / NRI students for MBBS/ BDS course when filling out the application form online.
- NEET (UG) – 2023 result card.
- Matriculation/High/ Higher secondary school certificate showing date of birth or birth certificate issued by government authority.
- 10+1 Detailed Marks Sheet/ Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of having passed 10+2/pre-medical/of 10+2+3 system showing equivalent examination from any university/board showing detailed marks/explanation sheets of grade. The candidate must provide the marks in percentage obtained in each subject, viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in 10+1 and 10+2 separately.
- Character Certificate.
- Eligibility and Equivalence certificate from both Panjab University and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for the candidates who have studied from the Foreign/International Board.
- Passport/ relevant document (e.g. PIO Card, OCI Card) of NRI/ PIO/ Foreign Indian Student status from a competent authority.
- Applicable Certificate for candidates applying against category I / II of NRI seats
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Chandigarh must register for NEET counselling 2023. Counselling of NEET 2023 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. Counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and lock in the online portal’s preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round must either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to Round 1.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to Round 1.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is noted that those allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seat orders made by the Supreme Court of India.
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for admission after the NEET State Counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected based on their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers must report to the allotted college for admission and all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Chandigarh Category-wise MBBS Seat Reservation
This section provides detailed information about Chandigarh MBBS 2023 Counselling category-wise seat reservation criteria; you can check the seat reservation percentage of general, SC, ST, OBC, NRI, UT Chandigarh Pool etc.
|Quota||Category||% Reservation||No. of seats|
|All India Quota||—||15%||23|
|Foreign Indian student (NRI)||—||—||9|
|UT Chandigarh pool(Total seats: 115)||SC||15%||17|
Chandigarh Category-wise BDS Seat Reservation
This section provides detailed information about Chandigarh BDS Counselling category-wise seat reservation criteria; you can check the seat reservation percentage of general, SC, ST, OBC, NRI, UT Chandigarh Pool etc.
|Quota||Category||% Reservation||No. of seats|
|Reserved for candidates from Hoshiarpur District||—||—||2|
|All India Pool(Total No. of seats- 73)||SC||15%||11|
Chandigarh MBBS/BDS Participating Colleges
Candidates applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated with the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tit and bit about it. This section provides detailed information about Chandigarh NEET UG counselling participating Medical & Dental Colleges listed with the affiliated university & establishment Year. To learn details (Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc.) about the participating colleges, click the link below.
Chandigarh Government MBBS Colleges
|Colleges Name||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh||1991||Punjab University|
Chandigarh Government BDS Colleges
|College Name||Establishment Year||Affiliated with|
|Dr Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Chandigarh||2006||Punjab University|
NEET 2023 (Expected Cutoff)
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) was conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Forms only through online mode.
|Category||NEET 2023 cutoff|
NEET UG Cutoff 2022
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Here we provide information about Chandigarh’s Useful Resources, State Counselling Process, Particular state seat matrix, fee structure, Cutoff and more. You can check the complete details below.
NEET 2023Admission Support
|NEET 2023 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2023 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who conducts Chandigarh NEET 2023 counselling?
The Government Medical College and Hospital Chandigarh conduct the admission for Chandigarh NEET 2023.
Who will be eligible for Chandigarh MBBS & BDS Counselling 2023?
Chandigarh MBBS/BDS admission 2023 will be open to students who qualify for NEET.
On which mode Chandigarh MBBS/BDS counselling will be conducted?
Counselling will be conducted online for Chandigarh MBBS admission 2023.
When will the Chandigarh NEET 2023 Counselling Application be out?
The authority releases the online application forms.
Is Chandigarh NEET 2023 Counselling Offline?
No. The Counselling will be conducted Online mode.