“Chandigarh” is a city and a union territory in India which serves as the capital of states of Haryana and Punjab. The city is well famous for its rich culture and famous tourist spots. Apart from its diversified culture and foods, one may also find so many High-Class Institutions like Post Graduate Institute of Dental Education and Research (PGIMER), Dr Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Chandigarh etc. No doubt the city serves as the Educational Capital of Many North Indian states. In this article, we will let you know about Top Dental Colleges in Chandigarh.
Every year lakhs of aspirant apply for NEET and other Dental Entrance Examination to get selected in some of the Best BDS Colleges in Chandigarh. If you too want to pursue MDS/BDS then this article is for you only. Throughout this article, we will let you know with Best BDS Courses in Chandigarh. Have a look.
Top Dental Colleges in Chandigarh 2020-21
Here is the updated list of all Dental Colleges in Chandigarh officially made by Dental Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
Before we speak about top BDS Colleges in Chandigarh, Let us first have some of the major highlights of the course as follows.
|Major Entrance Test||AIPMT, AICET, NEET, MU OET, DUMET, COMEDK, MAIDS Entrance Exam, etc.|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Top Recruiting Areas/Fields||Government & Private Hospitals, Private Practice, Dental Product Manufacturers, Dental Clinics, Pharmaceutical Companies, Colleges & Universities, Dental Equipment Manufacturer, Military Services, Medical Writing (Dental), etc.|
|Job Positions||Prosthodontist, Dentist, Consultant, Lecturer, Dental Assistant, Dental Surgeon, Dental lab Technician, Private Practitioner, Dental Hygienist, Medical Representative, Oral Pathologist, Public Health Specialist, and such.|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 2 Lac to 7 Lacs|
Dr Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Chandigarh is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Punjab. The college is popularly known as Harvansh Singh Dental College Chandigarh and it was founded in the year 2006-07. The college is affiliated with the Punjab University, Chandigarh and approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Read More>>
|Address:||Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh-160014|
|Admission Process:||Admission based on NEET examination|
|For more information:||Click Here|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best Dental Colleges in Chandigarh. Top Rankers may also avail various Scholarship offered by these colleges.
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Health Services, Government of Chandigarh to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Chandigarh State Counselling. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
The top entrance exams conducted for BDS/MDS degree are:
- NEET UG: Entrance examination for admission in undergraduate Dental courses (BDS).
- NEET PG: For postgraduate Dental course (MDS)
- State-run Dental Entrance: In some particular state, one may have to undergo state/private/ organisation run Dental Entrance Test.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Chandigarh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidate wants to take admission in BDS colleges in Chandigarh must have to clear there respective state NEET Cutoff. Only NEET qualify student will be eligible to participate in state NEET Counselling.
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Previous Year Cut-off
The NEET 2019 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and the last year admission record. Check out the NEET Cutoff.
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of Luck..!!