Astana Medical University (AMU) is a leading medical university in Kazakhstan, located in the capital city of Nur-Sultan (formerly known as Astana). Founded in 1964, Astana Medical University Kazakhstan has a long and distinguished history of providing high-quality medical education to students from around the world. Astana Medical University Kazakhstan offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, and public health. AMU Kazakhstan is known as one of the most prominent and dynamic medical universities MBBS for Indian Students in Kazakhstan.
Astana Medical University is committed to international cooperation and has partnerships with leading universities around the world. Astana Medical University also offers a number of exchange programs which allow students to study abroad and gain valuable international experience. AMU Kazakhstan is Affiliated by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Eligibility Process
6. Fee Structure
8. Ranking & Reputation
9. Contact Details
10. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Astana Medical University Kazakhstan
Astana Medical University Kazakhstan consists of 7 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Kazakhstan national economy. The staff of Astana Medical University entails 873 teachers who impart quality medical education to a whopping 5,185 students at the university. There are also 112 doctors of medical science, 280 candidates of medical science, 62 professors and 67 associate professors. Before MBBS in Kazakhstan, here are some important things you need to know.
Before we go through the detailed information about Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, let’s examine the Astana Medical University essential details.
|Name of Institute||Astana Medical University Kazakhstan|
|Popular Name||AMU Kazakhstan, AMU Astana|
|Astana Medical University Year of Establishment||1964|
|Language of Teaching||English & Kazakh Language|
|No. of Faculties||07|
|Approved By||NMC & WHO|
|Astana Medical University Ranking||Country Rank: 32|
World Rank: 7638
(Source = Unirank)
|AMU Kazakhstan Official Website||https://www.amu.kz/|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-8859637232|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan|
Affiliation, Recognition and University type
- Approved by: NMC, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
- Affiliated by: Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Graphical Representation of Astana Medical University Kazakhstan:-
This is the choice. Let’s take a look at the Facilities that Astana Medical University has to offer.
Accommodation and Other Benefits
- The university campus has a sports ground.
- High security in Hostel Wings.
- Indian Mess – 3 times a day.
- Astana Medical University has the largest resources of books/libraries in Kazakhstan.
- University located in the premium capital city – Astana
- Available in English medium
- Well-educated faculty for effective teaching.
- National level competitions.
Astana Medical University Kazakhstan offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. Astana Medical University is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||Six years|
Why MBBS in Astana, Kazakhstan?
- The city has beautiful cuisine very different from Indian cuisine, and Indian restaurants are widely available in Kazakhstan.
- The country is perfect for students who like to keep themselves fit.
- The country is multilingual and encourages students to learn more languages like Kazakh and Russian.
- The country is a fantastic destination for people with architectural interests.
- High-quality medical education in Astana Kazakhstan.
- Visitors to the city will be impressed by its modern architecture, its vibrant culture, and its welcoming atmosphere.
If you want to be Admission to Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET Exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
Kazakhstan has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study MBBS at Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English & Kazakh Language|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Before admission to Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Kazakhstan.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Kazakhstan Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Astana Medical University Fee Structure 2024
Here, we have mentioned the fee structure of Astana Medical University fee structure for Indian Students and international students. Therefore, the Astana Medical University total MBBS fees is given as below:-
|Year||Tuition Fees in USD||Tuition Fees in INR||Tuition Fees in USD|
Note: 1 USD = 83 INR. The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
MBBS Syllabus in Kazakhstan
Before applying for Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of Kazakhstan’s Top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|1st Year||Fundamentals of Psychology, Bioorganic Chemistry, Medical Chemistry, Embryology, Human Anatomy, Cytology, Elective Courses, Patient Care, Embryology|
|2nd Year||Human Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Philosophy, Emergency Medicine, Microbiology, Immunology|
|3rd Year||Fundamentals of Psychology, Bioorganic Chemistry, Medical Chemistry, Embryology, Human Anatomy, Cytology, Elective Courses, Patient Care, Embryology|
|4th Year||Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Pathomorphology, Hygiene and Ecology, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Radiology, Elective courses, Narcology, Forensic Medicine, Biostatistics, Social medicine|
|5th Year||Epidemiology, Oncology, Social Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Medical genetics, Traumatology, Gynecology, Clinical Immunology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, Emergency Medicine, Fundamentals of Stomatology|
|6th Year||Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Tuberculosis, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Medical Psychology, Urology|
Ranking and Reputation
This Section will provide you with the Astana Medical University Kazakhstan ranking. Let’s check the released Ranking.
|Name of Institute||Astana Medical University Kazakhstan|
Astana Medical University Ranking 2024
According to Unirank, the following is the country and world ranking for Astana Medical University:-
|Astana Medical University Country Rank||Astana Medical University World Ranking|
Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic, extends from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia. Its largest metropolis, Almaty, is a long-standing trading hub whose landmarks include Ascension Cathedral, a tsarist-era Russian Orthodox church, and the Central State Museum of Kazakhstan, displaying thousands of Kazakh artefacts.
|Area||2,724,900 km2 (1,052,100 sq mi)|
|Climate||Kazakhstan is continental, maybe a little arid. In summer, the temperatures average more than 30 °C (86 °F) and in winter average −20 °C (−4.0 °F).|
|Time Zone||UTC+5 / +6 (West / East)|
|Currency||KZT – Kazakhstani Tenge|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam etc.|
About Astana City, Kazakhstan
- Astana Medical University is situated in Astana city, the capital of Kazakhstan and is located on the bank of the Ishim River.
- Astana is well-known for its futuristic buildings, hotels and skyscrapers, and the city is the second coldest city in the world.
- The city’s climate is continental, with warm summers and cold winters.
- Astana offers a wide range of travelling options, including railways, air and road.
- The total population of Astana city is 1,029,556.
Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
You need to know that pursuing an MBBS in Kazakhstan is a good option for Indian students. Various Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- An education system focused on imparting both theoretical and practical skills.
- Affordable tuition fees and living expenses
- The organization works with great professionals, doctors, and researchers, which is why Indian students will be admitted to Kazakhstan.
- Excellent weather conditions for students
- MBBS Kazakhstan Fees are relatively not as expensive as other medical institutes.
- Medical universities in Kazakhstan have low tuition fees
Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan’s various Disadvantages of Studying Points are mentioned below.
- As Kazakh is the local language in Kazakhstan, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Kazakh Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Astana Medical University Kazakhstan
Address: 010000, Nur-Sultan, Beibitshilik St., 49a
Phone: Call Now: +91-8859637232 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is an MBBS degree from Astana Medical University Kazakhstan valid in India?
Yes, it is valid in India, provided the degree is from a university recognized by the National Medical Commission.
Is Veg food available at the Astana Medical University Kazakhstan?
Yes, there are many Indian restaurants available in the city and campus that serve traditional Indian food, including veg food.
Can we go for MBBS studies at Astana Medical University Kazakhstan without the NEET Exam?
No, the National Medical Commission has made the NEET exam compulsory for MBBS abroad from 2018. One must have a valid score in the NEET examination to pursue MBBS in India and abroad.
AMU Kazakhstan is a government or private?
Astana Medical University is a government university.