Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia (also known as Kutaisi University) was founded in the year 1930. It is one of the recognized medical universities in Georgia to study MBBS courses, Situated in the city of Kutaisi, Georgia. ATSU Georgia is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Georgia.
Akaki Tsereteli State University is a government research university in Tbilisi (Georgia). There are more than 5000 academic staffs in the university and the location of the university is Kutaisi, Georgia. Akaki Tsereteli State University is ranked 2nd best Medical University in Georgia. It is also ranked among the first class MBBS schools in Georgia by the World Health Organization (W.H.O).
Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia
The University consists of 9 faculties and Departments that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Georgia national economy. There are 8 professors, 15 associated professors, 9 assistant professors, 2 emeriti, including experts and consultants of different international organizations.
|Name of Institute||Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia|
|Year of Establishment||1930|
|Language of Teaching||English/Georgian|
|No. Of Faculties||09|
|Academic Session Start||September|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Georgia|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: WHO, MCI
- Aid Status: Public
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS (Faculty of Medicine)||6 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The University consists of 9 faculties and Departments that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Georgian national economy. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Georgia.
- Now you are all set for Study in Georgia. All the Best..!!
Georgia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Georgian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before taking admission at ATSU Georgia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Georgia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Georgian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
Before going to apply for Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Georgia. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Georgia are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Belarus.
The fees structure of the ATSU Georgia for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Particulars||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year|
|Tuition Fees/Year in US Dollars||3850||3850||3850||3850||3850||3850|
|Total in Indian Rupees/Per Year||2,50,250||2,50,250||2,50,250||2,50,250||2,50,250||2,50,250|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Georgia.
- We would like to give 4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Georgia.
Akaki Tsereteli State University Georgia
Address: Kutaisi, Georgia
Phone: (+995 431) 24 00 36, (+995 431) 24 38 33
Email Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia is a sovereign state in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. The country has two official languages- Georgian and Abkhazian. The first thing that tourists say when visiting Georgia is that it is green, clean, safe, a comparison of other countries, it has excellent roads.
|Area||69,700 km2 (26,900 sq mi)|
Other largest cities: Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon etc.
|Language||Georgian and Abkhazian|
|Climate||humid subtropical, maritime climate and constant influence of warm and moist air|
|Literacy Rate||99.8 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+4 (GET)|
MBBS in Georgia 2020 Fact Check;
Georgian higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Georgia a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure.
Why Choose Study in Georgia
- The Fee of MBBS in Georgia is lower when compared to other study destinations around the globe.
- The medical education system in Georgia is almost equivalent to India and many developing countries.
- Medical students in the country are exposed to several extracurricular activities and international seminars so that they could gain some confidence.
- All medical universities in Georgia have the best infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members.
- The Medical Council of India recognizes MBBS qualification acquired from Georgian universities. Indian students can visit their country and work after completed their MBBS in Georgia.
- MBBS in Georgia is also known for the best FMGE passing percentage.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons:
Do you know? Education in Georgia is free of charge and compulsory from the age of 6 until 17-18 years. There are twenty-four state higher education institutions and their fourteen branches in Georgia. In addition, 81 private higher education institutions have passed the accreditation process. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Georgia, here are just a few:
Advantages of Study in Georgia
- Georgian medical universities and colleges far better education when compared to Indian private medical colleges. The main focus here is to enable students to acquire practical expertise. Students also have access to advanced technologies and devices.
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across the world.
- MBBS students Georgia are eligible for internship and can apply for further studies in 47 countries under the Lisbon Convention.
- Medical students in Georgia are provided with the opportunities to gain practical knowledge through experiments and clinical clerkship.
- The infrastructure and facilities of hostels are excellent and Indian cuisines are served at the hostels to give students a homely feeling.
- Students studying in Georgia get the opportunity to complete their internship program from the world-class medical college and hospitals of the world.
- Georgia is one of the safest places as a comparison of other countries. It is safer than Russia, China, and Ukraine. Indian students can travel on public transport in Georgia without any trouble.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- MBBS colleges in Georgia provide great academics, as well as sports.
Disadvantages of Study in Georgia
- As Georgian is the local language in Georgia, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- Georgia has no embassy in India. Students may face problems in meeting certain conditions laid down by the country.
- Georgia doesn’t exercise strict rules over the receipt of capitation fee.
- TOEFL or IELTS exams are mandatory in many Georgian universities.
- The country is also suffering from the rise of many fake universities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: How do I know if my existing high school result/bachelor?s degree is valid in Georgia?
Answer: In general, most High School result is accepted, institutions evaluate degrees on an individual basis.
Q.2: What is the duration of the program in Georgia?
Answer: The duration varies between 2 – 6 years depending upon the courses of study.
Q.3: Do we need to qualify any English test like IELTS or TOEFL for seeking admission into Georgian University?
Answer: No, it is not mandatory, but there are educational support programs available for those who need extra help in areas such as ESL or who have learning disorders.
Q.4: Can we apply for Permanent Residence and citizenship of Georgia?
Answer: Yes, you can apply but after 2 years of regular stay in Georgia as per Georgian Law.
Q.5: Are Georgian degrees valued globally?
Answer: Yes, they are valued and recognised globally.
Q.6: Is student visa a mandatory in Georgia?
Answer: YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in any MBBS colleges in Georgia.
Q.7: Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Georgia?
Answer: YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q.8: How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Answer: MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q.9: Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Georgia?
Answer: Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q.10: Is the Georgia Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Answer: Yes. The Georgian medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers