BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan is one of the medical institutes in Nepal. The Institute is popularly known as BPKIHS Nepal and was founded in the year of 1993. The college is famous amongst the Indian students to pursue MBBS in Nepal.
MBBS program in BPKIHS Nepal is recognized by the Medical Council of Indian, Medical Councils of Nepal and Sri lanks also. This college also provides other programs in BDS, B.Sc nursing, short-term academic programs.
Foreign students can take admission to BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan through authorized admission representatives in their country. The language of instruction for all foreign students studying at BPKIHS Dharan is English.
BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan
The University consists of 19 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Nepal national economy.
|Name of Institute||BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan|
|Popular Name||BPKIHS Nepal, BPKIHS Dharan|
|Year of Establishment||1992|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||N/A|
|Affiliated with||Tribhuvan University and Kathmandu University.|
|Courses offered||MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing, BSc MIT Program|
|Academic Session Start||August to September|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Nepal|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: N/A
- Approved by: MCI, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|B.Sc (Nursing)||N/A||4 Years|
|B.Sc MIT (Medical Imaging Technology)||N/A||4 Years|
|Category||For MBBS||For BDS|
|Heavily Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme|
|Indigenous Nationalities (Janajati)*||3||–|
|**Ward of BPKIHS Faculty||1||–|
|**Ward of BPKIHS Staff||1||–|
|**Ward of BPKIHS Faculty/Staff||–||1|
|Partially Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme (PSTFS)|
|**Ward of BPKIHS Faculty||3||1|
|**Ward of BPKIHS staff||1||1|
|International Tuition Fee Scheme ***||30||10|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Nepal.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Nepal. All the Best..!!
Nepal has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study mbbs in BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Admission Seekers should complete their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum 50% mark covering Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET |
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years 6 Months|
Before taking admission in BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Nepal.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Nepali Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Nepal
Before going to apply for BPKIHS Nepal, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Nepal. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Nepal are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 5th||7th – 10th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Nepal.
The fees structure of the BPKIHS Nepal for the MBBS & BDS course is mentioned below.
Heavily Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme
|Under Heavily Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme (HSTFS)|
|Description||MBBS Fees||BDS Fees|
|Tuition Fee||8,000/- per month||6,000/-per month|
|Admission fee (in Rs)|
|Third year||12,000/-||12,000 /-|
|Library Fee||7,000/- per year||7,000/- per year|
|Laboratory Fee||5,400/- per year||5,400/-per year|
|Student welfare fund|
|(Identity Card, Games Fee||4,800/- per year||4,800/- per year|
|Hostel Fee||2,000/- per month||2,000/-per month|
|Hostel maintenance Fee||4,800/- per year||4,800/-per year|
| || || |
|Field Program Fee||8000/- per year||8000/-per year|
|Deposit (Refundable)||30,000/- (one time)||30,000/- (one time)|
|Health Welfare Scheme Charge||1,600/- per year||1,600/- per year|
|Life Insurance Premium||1,000/- per year||1,000/- per year|
|(Sum insured NRs. 5,00,000/-)|
|Nepal Medical Council Fee||3,000/- (one time)||3,000/- (one time)|
|Note: In the fifth year, the fees will be payable for 6 months except point 11 and 12|
Under Partially Subsidized Tuition Fee Scheme
|Particular||MBBS Fees||BDS Fees|
|First Year||Rs. 14 Lakhs||Rs. 7 Lakhs|
|Second Year||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 4 Lakhs|
|Third Year||Rs. 7 Lakhs||Rs. 3 Lakhs|
|Fourth Year||Rs. 4 Lakhs||Rs. 2.5 Lakhs|
|Fifth Year||Rs. 3.5 Lakhs||Rs. 2 Lakhs|
|Total||Rs. 38.5 Lakhs||Rs. 18.5 Lakhs|
|**All other fees and charges for PSTFS are the same as specified above under heavily subsidized tuition fee scheme (HSTFS).|
International Tuition Fee
|Particular||MBBS Fees||BDS Fees|
|First Year||US $24000.00||US $ 10,000|
|Second Year||US $16000.00||US $ 8,000|
|Third Year||US $15000.00||US $ 4,000|
|Fourth Year||US $ 9000.00||US $ 3,000|
|Fifth Year||US $ 6000.00||US $ 2,000|
|Total||US $ 70000.00||US $. 27,000|
|First year||US $ 150||US $ 150|
|Second year||US $ 150||US $ 150|
|Third year||US $ 150||US $ 150|
|Fourth year||US $ 115||US $ 115|
|Fifth year||US $ 60||US $ 60|
|Library Fee||US $ 80 per year||US $ 80 per year|
|Laboratory Fee||US $ 60 per year||US $ 60 per year|
|Student welfare fund||US $ 60per year||US $ 60 per year|
|Hostel Fee||US $ 280 per year||US$ 280 per year|
|Hostel maintenance Fee||US $ 60 per year||US $ 60 per year|
|Annual Examination Fee |
. Supplementary Examination Fee
|US $ 60 per exams |
US $ 60
|US $ 60 per exams |
US $ 60
|Field Program Fee||US $ 100 per year||US $ 100 per year|
|Deposit (Refundable)||US $ 500(one time)||US $ 500 (one time)|
|Health Welfare Scheme Charge||US $25 per yea||US $ 25 per year|
|Life Insurance Premium||US $ 15 per year||US $ 15 per year|
|(Sum insured NRs. 5, 00,000/-)|
|Nepal Medical Council Fee||US $ 50 (one time)||US $ 50 (one time)|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Nepal.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Nepal.
Nepal has a diverse geography, including fertile plains subalpine forested hills, and eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, including Mount Everest, the highest point on Earth. Kathmandu is the nation’s capital and largest city. Nepal is a multiethnic nation with Nepali as the official language. It is located mainly in the Himalayas, but also includes parts of the Indo-Gangetic Plain. Nepal is the 48th largest country by population and 93rd largest country by area.
|Climate||Warm Dry summers & Fairly Severe Winters|
|Literacy Rate||63.9 Percent (males 76.4% & females 53.1%)|
|Time Zone||UTC+05:45 (Nepal Standard Time)|
|Currency||Nepalese rupee (NPR)|
Why Choose Study in Nepal
- Low Fees & Installment: The Fee of MBBS in Nepal is lower when compared to other study destinations around the globe. The students may also opt for instalment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Nepal is not very expensive.
- Courses Approved by MCI: MBBS Courses in Nepal are approved by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Infrastructure & Faculty: All medical universities in Nepal have the best infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members.
MBBS in Nepal 2019 Fact Check;
BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences Dharan has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Nepal a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Russia for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- The cities of Nepal are much safer than one can consider for a safe medical destination, but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid bad neighbourhoods in your city.
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Nepal may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
Pros & Cons;
Do you know? Education in Nepal is overseen by Nepal’s Ministry of Education. With one exception, all universities and academies are publicly managed and supported by public funding. Nepal ranks 11th in countries of origin for international students in the United States. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Nepal, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Nepal
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Nepal don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Nepal are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Nepal MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Nepal provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Nepal medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Nepal offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Nepal
- As Nepal is the local language in Nepali, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Nepali Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. MBBS in Nepal, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Nepal. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q2. When does the academic year start at Nepal Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Nepal medical university starts from August to September.
Q4. Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Nepal?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q5. How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q7. Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Nepal?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q9. Is the Nepal Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Nepal medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.