Government Medical College Kottayam was established in the year 1962, is also known as (GMC Kottayam), situated at Kottayam Kerala. GMC Kottayam is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Kerala. The GMC Kottayam imparts undergraduate and PG or Diploma courses Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Government Medical College, Kottayam like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Contact details, Review, Ranking, etc.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Government Medical College, Kottayam.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Kottayam|
|Popular Name||GMC Kottayam, Kerala KMC|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Affiliated||Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Courses offered|| |
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (MALE AND FEMALE)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur.
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- IT Infrastructure
- Computer lab
GMC Kottayam provides MBBS course for Medical Students which have Intakes capacity of 150 Seats.
|MBBS||150||4.6+1 Year Internship|
GMC Kottayam provides the MD/MS/MCh./Dip. courses for MBBS Students Which have Intakes capacity of 124 Seats.
|PG/Super spec/PG Dip.Courses||Intake||Duration|
|MD ANAESTHESIOLOGY||5||3 years|
|MD ANATOMY||2||3 years|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||2||3 years|
|MD DERMATOLOGY, VENEROLOGY & LEPROSY||5||3 years|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||2||3 years|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||14||3 years|
|MD MICROBIOLOGY||2||3 years|
|MD PAEDIATRICS||7||3 years|
|MD PATHOLOGY||8||3 years|
|MD PHARMACOLOGY||2||3 years|
|MD PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION||1||3 years|
|MD PHYSIOLOGY||2||3 years|
|MD PREVENTIVE & SOCIAL MEDICINE||2||3 years|
|MD PSYCHIATRY||2||3 years|
|MD RADIODIAGNOSIS||1||3 years|
|MD RADIOTHERAPY||2||3 years|
|MD TB & RESPIRATORY DISEASES||2||3 years|
|MS EAR, NOSE & THROAT||4||3 years|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||10||3 years|
|MS OBST.&GYNAE||6||3 years|
|MS OPHTHALMOLOGY||2||3 years|
|MS ORTHOPAEDICS||3||3 years|
|DM CARDIOLOGY||4||3 years|
|DM GASTROENTEROLOGY||1||3 years|
|DM NEPHROLOGY||1||3 years|
|DM NEURO MEDICINE||1||3 years|
|MCH CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY||1||3 years|
|MCH GENITOURINARY SURGERY||3||3 years|
|MCH NEUROSURGERY||2||3 years|
|MCH PLASTIC SURGERY||1||3 years|
|MCH PEDIATRIC SURGERY||1||3 years|
|DIPLOMA IN ANAESTHESIOLOGY (DA)||6||2 years|
|DIPLOMA IN OPHTHALMOLOGY (DO)||4||2 years|
|DIPLOMA IN ORTHOPAEDICS (D.ORTHO)||6||2 years|
|DIPLOMA IN PAEDIATRICS (DCH)||–||2 years|
|DIPLOMA IN OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY (DLO)||2||2 years|
|DIPLOMA IN OBST.&GYNAE (DGO)||5||2 years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- Admission through the National level exam NEET UG and NEET PG program.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any state Board or Equivalent.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
|Course||Fee per annum|
|Amount to be paid at the time of Admission||27,400/-|
|Particulars||PG Fee||Diploma Fee|
|Annual tuition fees||50,000/-||45,000/-|
|Annual miscellaneous fees||10,000/-||10,000/-|
|Caution deposit (Refundable||10,000/-||10,000/-|
*No. of Bonds Two nos (one for discontinuation of course and other for service 1 year) Bond Amount Rs.50,00,000/-
- 3,000/- Per Month
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria ||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Kerala NEET Counselling 2020
A candidate can visit the official portal of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Kerala State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Kerala NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Kerala NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Kerala NEET Counselling Procedure 2020
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Kerala must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by GMC Kottayam the following the flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College(GMC Kottayam)|
We Would like to give this Kottayam medical college 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Kerala.
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counseling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero).
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 30 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: 10,00,000/- (10 Lakh)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2020 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2020 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2020 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of the NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2020.
If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2020 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG?
Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
What is the test format for NEET-PG?
NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
What is the duration and No. of questions of the test?
The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
Do I have to report to a particular centre in order to participate in the counselling process of NEET PG 2020?
Answer: The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2020 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
If I have made any mistakes while registering for NEET-PG, can I make changes later to rectify?
Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!