Kerela NEET UG Counselling: Kerala NEET Counselling 2019 is the state centralized Online Counselling process through which a candidate can apply to MBBS/BDS courses in various Government/Private Medical College affiliated with State Medical University of Kerala. The counselling procedure will be based on one’s NEET Scorecard and will be managed by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala.
Throughout the article, you will get to know about Kerala NEET 2019 Counselling procedure, Top Medical/Dental Colleges in Kerala and NEET Kerala 2019 Cut off. Happy Reading.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
Kerala NEET Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Kerala State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Kerala NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Kerala NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
NEET Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Kerela NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2019 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Haryana must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants applying for Kerala State NEET Counselling 2019 may look into this important datasheet.
|Registration Start||16th June 2019|
|Registration Close||19th June 2019|
|1st round of Counselling||June 13 – June 22, 2019|
|Merit list Published||Third week of June 2019|
|Last date of reporting to the allotted college||July 12, 2019|
|2nd Round of Counselling||July 06 – July 12, 2019|
|Last date of reporting to the allotted college(2nd counselling)||July 3, 2019|
|Mop-Up Round (Subject to availability of seats)||will be updated soon|
*All dates are tentative
How to Apply
- Step I: Candidate must visit the Official website.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” Option.
- Step 3 (Personal Information): After the successful registration and activating account, candidates need to fill his/her personal information. Make sure all the information are correct while filling the application form.
- Step 4 (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information the candidate should upload his / her passport size photograph of high contrast (Photo must be snapped with placard containing candidate’s name and snapping date), and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same. After uploading photo and signature click on “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 5 (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature the candidate should enter his / her educational information on the computer screen and click on “Save & Continue” button.
- Step 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After filling all the required details candidates need to proceed with payment of Counselling Fee. Counselling Fee will not be refunded.
There are following two modes for payment of Counselling Fee:
a. Payment by Bank Challan: If the candidate wants to Pay Counselling Fee through Bank Challan, he/she should select offline / NEFT Challan option from Payment mode appearing on computer screen and download the Challan and get the print and
visiting any Bank up to scheduled last date, the Counselling Fee may be paid through NEFT mode.
b. Online Payment: If the candidate wants to pay Counselling Fee through Online mode e.g. Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking, he/she should select an online option from payment mode appearing on the computer screen and “Make the Payment”
should be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking. The candidate has to pay processing charge additional to Counselling Fee for payment through online mode.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2019 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2019 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Kerala candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
- Fee Receipt
- Passport Size Photograph
NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The applying seekers should have qualified the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Kerala.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
- Age Criteria: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31-12-2019.
The candidates born on or after 02-01-2003 are not eligible for
admission into MBBS, BDS Courses.
|1||State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)|
|4||Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|5||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA)||3%|
|6||Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|7||Viswakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|8||Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|9||Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|11||Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes|
|12||Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|13||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for the admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected on the basis of their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for the admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Kerala NEET Counselling Participating Colleges
Candidate applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated to the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about the college. To know details Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc) about the participating colleges, click the link mentioned below. Here is the updated list of all NEET Counselling participating Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh officially made by Medical Council of India.
List of Medical Colleges In Kerala
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Intake||Affiliated to||Aid Status|
|Travancore Medical College, Kollam||100||Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram||Trust|
|Sree Narayana Instt. of Medical Sciences, Chalakka, Ernakulam||100||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala||Trust|
|Azeezia Instt of Medical Science, Meeyannoor, Kollam||100||Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram||Trust|
|KMCT Medical College, Kozhikode, Calicut||150||Calicut University||Trust|
|Karuna Medical College, Palakkad||100||Calicut University||Trust|
|Sree Uthradom Thiurnal Academy of Medical Sciences, Trivandrum||100||Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram||Trust|
|Kannur Medical College, Kannur||150||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur||Trust|
|Sree Gokulam Medical College Trust & Research Foundation, Trivandrum||150||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur||Trust|
|M E S Medical College, Perintalmanna Malappuram Distt.Kerala||100||University of Health Sciences, Thrissur||Trust|
|Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thrissur||100||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur||Trust|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute, Thrissur||100||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur||Trust|
Dental Colleges In Kerala
|1||Al-Azhar Dental College, Kerala||2007-08||Private||BDS||100|
|2||Amrita School of Dentistry, Kochi||2003-04||Private||BDS||60|
|3||Annoor Dental College & Hospital, Ernakulam||2002-03||Private||BDS||50|
|4||Azeezia College of Dental Sciences & Research, Kollam||2005-06||Private||BDS||100|
|5||Century International Institute of Dental Science & Research Center, Kasaragod||2003-04||Private||BDS||100|
|6||Educare Institute of Dental Sciences, Malappuram||2007-08||Private||BDS||100|
|7||Govt. Dental College, Alappuzha||2014-15||Govt.||BDS||50|
|8||Govt. Dental College, Kottayam||2001-02||Govt.||BDS||40|
|9||Govt. Dental College, Kozhikode||1981-82||Govt.||BDS||50|
|10||Govt. Dental College, Thrissur||2015-16||Govt.||BDS||50|
Kerala NEET Seat Allotment Process
The Kerala NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. the Seat allotment will be completely based on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The Kerala MBBS and BDS 2019 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the first week of June. The Result of seat allotment would be published online on the official website of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala.
Applying seekers who have been allotted seats in Round I will also be able to opt for up-gradation in Second Round. And in case the candidate gets an upgraded seat in seconds Round, the seat allotted in first Round will stand cancelled.
NEET 2019 Cutoff (Announced)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2019 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Previous Year Cut-off
The NEET 2019 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and the last year admission record. Check out the NEET Cutoff.
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best MBBS/BDS Colleges in Kerala. Top Rankers may also avail various Scholarship offered by these colleges. In case of any problems regarding the counselling, you may contact the student grievance cell of Kerala NEET 2019.
Best of Luck…!!!