Government Medical College Painav Idukki was established in the year 2014, is well known as (GMC Idukki), situated at Idukki Kerala. GMC Idukki is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Kerala. The GMC Idukki, Painav, provides undergraduate courses.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Government Medical College, Painav, Idukki like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Contact details, Review, Ranking, etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequently Asked Questions
Government Medical College Idukki
Government Medical College, Idukki (abbreviated GMCI) is a government medical college in Kerala, India. The institute is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and its MBBS programme is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Government Medical College Idukki.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Painav, Idukki Kerala|
|Popular Name||GMC Idukki Kerala|
|Location||Idukki Twp, Kerala 685602|
|Year of Establishment||2014|
|Affiliated||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur.
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
GMC Idukki provides an MBBS course for Medical Students who have an Intakes capacity..
Below have mentioned UG course duration of GMC Idukki
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Below have mentioned UG Course intake capacity of GMC Idukki
Here in this selection, we will let you know about GMC Idukki MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Below have mentioned Internship information for GMC Idukki
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of GMC Idukki, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programmes at Government Medical College, Idukki, is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Government Medical College, Idukki, will help you do proper research.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Kerala NEET Counselling|
|Kerala NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Kerala NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Kerala NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Kerala NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|Kerala Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Kerala||Click Here|
Below have mentioned UG course fees of GMC Idukki
|Courses||Fees (Full Courses)|
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||27580|
Note:- Fee for PG Courses will be updated soon, as we are connected with the college administration.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Representation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Kerala NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates who have appeared in NEET (UG)-2022 and opting for admission to Medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha & Unani and Allied courses such as Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries shall have to submit online their NEET (UG)-2022 result details to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for preparing the respective State rank lists. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
KEAM 2022 Important Points of Kerala MBBS & BDS Admission
- Candidates who do not submit their NEET (UG)-2022 results to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations within the stipulated time shall not be considered for preparation of the rank list for Medical & Medical Allied courses.
- Candidates who have already submitted applications for admission to Medical & Medical Allied courses under KEAM 2022 and who have qualified in the NEET (UG)-2022 conducted by the NTA, as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the prospectus clause, 9.7.5 (ii) & (iii) can submit NEET result to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations online.
Kerala NEET UG Counselling Procedure
Step 1- Log in Process: Candidates must log on to the ‘KEAM 2022 Candidate Portal’ to participate in the counselling process.
Step 2- Option registration page: In the next step, applicants must create a password and click on the ‘open registration’ button on the login page.
Step 3- Choice filling and locking: The online choice filling of Kerala NEET counselling will look on the screen. A list of colleges will be available with the college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 4- Kerala NEET seat allotment process: After the choice and locking section, the authority will start Kerala MBBS/BDS seat allotment 2022.
Step 5- Kerala NEET counselling result: After the seat allotment process, CEE, Kerala, releases Kerala NEET 2022 counselling results online.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by GMC Idukki, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMC Idukki|
Government Medical College Idukki (GMC Idukki)
Address: Idukki, Kerala, India – 685602
Kerala NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does GMC Idukki have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide hostel facilities for both males and females.
Q. Do GMC Idukki provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of GMC Idukki?
Ans. GMC Idukki is located at Idukki, Kerala, India – 685602.
Q. What is the total duration of the MBBS Course in this college?
Ans. The MBBS Course duration is four and a 1/2 years, not just in this college but everywhere.
Is a degree from Government Medical College Idukki Valid?
Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Government Medical College Idukki will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.
How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for Government Medical College Idukki?
Looking at this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630 will help you to get to Government Medical College in the state.
Why do Tuition Fees of Government Medical College Idukki so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of Government Medical College Idukki, then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Government Medical College Idukki.
Click here for more Education News