Travancore Medical College Kollam (TMC Kollam) was established in the year 2009, is well known as Kollam Medical College, located at Kollam Kerala. It offers education in medicine and undergraduate and postgraduates courses. KMC Kollam is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Kerala.
In this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Travancore Medical College Hospital like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Contact, Review, Ranking, etc.
Download Hand Written Notes for NEET-UG 2020 Examination Click Here
Useful UG Resources
Below we have mentioned the NEET 2020 UG Useful Resources that will help you defiantly to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
Travancore Medical College Kollam
|Name of Institute||Travancore Medical College Kollam|
|Popular Name||TMC Kollam|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Affiliated||Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Rating this college||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
Useful PG Resources
Below we have mentioned the NEET 2020 PG Useful Resources that will help you defiantly to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
TMC Kollam offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||100||4.6+1 year Internship|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||2||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||1||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||2||3 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Preparing for admission in Travancore Medical College Kollam? Ask your admission related queries here: Click Here
Here have to provide NEET-UG 2020 Sample Papers that will help you to crack NEET-UG 2020 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Biology Sample Papers
NOTE:- To see more sample papers follow this link
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any state Board or Equivalent.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
|Particulars||Fee per annum|
|Tuition fee for students NRI||20, 00,000/-|
|University Special Fees||2,500/-|
|University Affiliation Fees||8,500/-|
|Library & Internet Fee||5,000/-|
|Academic Calendar & College Card||500/-|
|Training Fees in PHC & Transportation||12,000/-|
|Medical Aid and Insurance||3,000/-|
|Apron, Uniform, Stationery etc.||7,500/-|
|Exam Conducting Fees||7,500/-|
|Lab work Records||1,000/-|
|Hostel & Mess Fees|
|Particulars||Fee per annum|
|Tuition fee for students NRI||50,00,000/-|
|Postage & Stationery||10,000/-|
|Sports & Cultural Activities||6,000/-|
|Total College Fee||1,27,500/-|
I want to study MBBS from Travancore Medical College Kollam, can you please tell me, how costly it is? Click Here to know more.
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
NOTE:- Check the various Top scholarship scheme in India
|Central Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Top Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Kerala Scholarship Scheme||Click Here|
Apart from these scholarship schemes, one can also apply for various educational loan offered by banks in India. You may also check these popular educational loans.
|Banks of India||Links Here|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Axis Bank||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
TMC Kollam Cutoff 2018
|Course||Category||Opening Home State rank||Closing Home State rank|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria
||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
I want to know Category wise Cutoff of Travancore Medical College Kollam, Please help me! (Click Here to know more…)
Kerala NEET Counselling 2020
A candidate can visit the official portal of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Kerala State Counselling. Before we speak the counseling procedure for Kerala NEET 2020, let us first have a look at the Kerala NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Kerala NEET Counselling Procedure 2020
The entire process of counseling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
To know more about NEET 2020 UG Kerala Counselling visit Kerala NEET Counselling 2020.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Kerala must have to register themselves for the NEET counseling 2020. Counseling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE: To Know more about Kerala NEET-UG 2020 Counselling CLICK HERE
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by TMC Kollam the following the flow chart shows the short but important information about the counseling procedure.
Other Nearest states Counselling procedure
NOTE: To know more about Kerala NEET-PG 2020 Counselling CLICK HERE
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Entrance Exams in India
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Travancore Medical College Kollam(TMC Kollam)|
|Review this college||Click Here|
- Travancore Medical College Kollam(TMC Kollam) is one of the premier Ayurved Institute in Pilibhit.
- We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best MBBS Institute in Kerala.
Travancore Medical College Kollam(TMC Kollam)
Address: Travancore Medical College, N.H. Bypass
Road, Umayanalloor P.O, Kollam – 691 589
Phone no: 91 474 2721999, +91 474 2729393,
+91 474 2726161
Fax no: 0474 2724411, 0474 2721801
Website:- Click here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers.
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020.
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card.
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually.
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
A. Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
A. NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
A. The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
A. The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2020 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
A. Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
List of Top Colleges in India
Never let yourself down…
Keep working Hard
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.