Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) is one of the reputed Govt. Unani Colleges in Tamil Nadu. The college is popularly known as Govt. Unani College Chennai was established in the year 1979. This famous Government Tibbi Unani College in Chennai is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai and is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicines. In this article, we will provide the complete information about Govt Unani College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) like Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and an entire college review. Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai)
- Get Latest Ayush NEET UG & State Wise Ayush NEET UG Counselling News via Edufever News
Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai), imparting education in Unani Medicine and Surgery. In 1979, the college got provincialized, and the word‘ State’ was prefixed to the college’s name to be called Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai).
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking And Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
|College Name||Govt Unani Medical College Chennai|
|Popular Name||GUMC Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Hostel facility||(Girls only )|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|College Offical site||http://www.gumcchennai.com/|
|Category||BUMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by:- Central Council of Indian Medicines
- Aid Status:- Government
|Medical Facilities||Teaching Manpower|
Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) offers a quality medical program under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The college is famous for its undergraduate & postgraduate medical programs.
|BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine And Surgery)||4 years 6 month|
Below have mentioned UG intake capacity of Government Unani Medical College Chennai.
|BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine And Surgery)||60|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the State Takmeel-ut-Tib College and Hospital Lucknow is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
The syllabus of BUMS covers subjects that provide extensive knowledge of Unani to the students.
|Professional Year I||Professional Year II|
|Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa (Logic Philosophy and Astronomy)||Tareekh-e-tib (History of Medicine)|
|Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya (Basic Principles of Unani Medicine)||Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib (Preventive and Community Medicine)|
|Tashreeh Ul Badan (Anatomy)||Ilmul Advia|
|Munafeul Aaza (Physiology)||Mahiyatul Amraz (Pathology)|
|Professional Year III||Professional Year IV|
|Communication skills||Moalajat – I (General Medicine)|
|Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat (Unani Pharmacy)||Moalajat – II|
|Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom (Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology)||Amraze Niswan (Gynaecology)|
|Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj (Bedside clinic and principles of management)||Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumalood (Obstetrics and Neonatology)|
|Ilaj Bit Tadbeer (Regional Therapy)||Ilmul Jarahat (Surgery)|
|Amraz-e-Atfal (Paediatrics)||Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan (Ophthalmology and Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat)|
Here we mentioned the admission procedure for the course, which comes under Govt Unani Medical College Chennai. The candidate requested to go through with the given instruction.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG|
For PG Courses: AIAPGET
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: AIAPGET Eligibility Criteria
|Uttar Pradesh Ayush NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Uttar Pradesh Ayush NEET Counseling|
For PG Courses: Uttar Pradesh AIAPGET Counselling
|Uttar Pradesh Ayush NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh Ayush NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh Ayush NEET 2022 Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 BUMS Colleges in UP||Click Here|
We have mentioned the fee structure and the respective courses only with this information before filling out the application form.
|Course Name||Average Fees (Per Year)|
|BUMS||Rs- 25000/- (AIQ)|
|Hostel fee||Rs- 415/- (Monthly)|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
AIAPGET 2021 Cutoff
Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Candidates can check the Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Step 1: Registration process: Candidates seeking admission must register by filling out the application form’s personal, academic, and required details.
Step 2: Publishing merit list: After successfully filling out the application form, the counselling conducted authority will publish the state merit list.
Step 3: Documents verification: Candidates were called for document verification as per their state merit rank, and they had to report to the assigned verification centre with all the required documents.
Step 4: Choice filling and locking Process: After the successful verification session, candidates are required to fill in their choices of courses and colleges and then lock it, and they are advised to enter their preferences carefully as according to it.
Step 5: Seat allotments: Based on choices, availability of seats, state merit rank, and seat reservation, the seats will be allotted to applicants for the Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS admission 2022.
Step 6: Reporting Process: Candidates are required to report at the designated colleges within the required date and timings for granting the Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS 2022 admission.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for BAMS/BHMS Colleges in Maharashtra must have to register themselves for the Ayush NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
Candidates applying for Ayush Colleges in Tamil Nadu must register for the Ayush Counselling 2022. Tamil Nadu Ayush Counselling 2022 will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You must choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the selections in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Govt Unani Medical College Chennai|
Govt Unani College Chennai (GUMC Chennai)
Srinagar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,
Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106
Official website: http://www.gumcchennai.com/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.What Amount of Fee is to be deducted on re-allocation of seats to the candidates in the 2nd/3rd round of Counselling?
Q.How many fees are to be reimbursed in case the candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Q.What amount of Fees is To be reimbursed in case the Candidate resigns after the final Counselling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero)
Q.What is the time of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 10 days.
Click here for more Education News