Government Unani Medical College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) is one of the reputed Govt. Unani Colleges in Tamil Nadu. The college is popularly known as Govt. Unani College Chennai and it was established in the year 1979.
This famous Government Tibbi Unani College in Chennai is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai and is approved by Central Council of Indian Medicines.
Govt Unani College Chennai (GUMC),Chennai.
|College Name||Govt Unani Medical College Chennai|
|Popular Name||GUMC Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Hostel facility||(Girls only )|
|College Offical site||http://www.gumcchennai.com/|
|Category||BUMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
In this article, we will provide the complete information about Govt Unani College Chennai (GUMC Chennai) like Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by:- Central Council of Indian Medicines
- Aid Status:- Government
- Medical Facility
|BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine And Surgery)||60||4 years 6 month|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
|Popular Entrance Exam||NEET|
|Course Name||Average Fees (Per Year)|
|BUMS||Rs- 25000/- (AIQ)|
|Hostel fee||Rs- 415/- (Monthly)|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cutoff 2020 (Expected)
Here check the expected NEET Cutoff 2020 examination given below as per the previous year trends:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
Karnataka Ayush NEET2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Tamil Nadu to get themselves registered for NEET AYUSH2020 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka Ayush NEET2020,
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for BAMS/BHMS/BNYS Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the Ayush NEET counselling2020. Counselling of NEET2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG2020 Admit Card.
- NEET UG2020 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Uttarakhand candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Govt Unani Medical College Chennai|
- It is one of the Premier BUMS Institute in Chennai.
- We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best BUMS College in Tamil Nadu.
Govt Unani College Chennai (GUMC Chennai)
Aringar Anna Government Hospital of Indian Medicine Campus,
Arumbakkam, Chennai 600106
Contact No: +91 98404 54821
Fax: 044 – 26222641
Official website: Click here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after final Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero)
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 10 days.
|Top Colleges in India||Link|
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Admission Notification 2021
Our Ad Policies are designed to promote a good experience for end-users. Edufever does not hold responsible for anything inappropriate or wrong information given by the advertiser.
UPES Dehradun 2021 Application Started Apply Now