Ever thought of studying MBBS in the only English speaking country of America? Yes, you get it right we are talking about Guyana, and if you did not know already here is the fact that MBBS in Guyana has become one of the most preferred choices of medical destination among Indian students. And why not since MBBS colleges in Guyana are considered among some of the Best Medical Universities in the world.
Thinking about the MBBS in Guyana Admission Procedure, well worry not as we got you covered. You do not need to visit different sites as everything you want to and need to know about the MBBS in Guyana 2020-21, are mentioned in this article.
Below we have mentioned the NEET Useful Resources that will help you defiantly to Benefit the Preparation of Courses.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Guyana, a country on South America’s North Atlantic coast, is defined by its dense rain forest. English-speaking, with cricket and calypso music, it’s culturally connected to the Caribbean region. Its capital, Georgetown, is known for British colonial architecture, including tall, painted-timber St. George’s Anglican Cathedral.
|Area||214,970 km2 (83,000 sq mi)|
|Language||Official Languages: English
Recognized Regional Language: Creole Patois
|Climate||Warm and Tropical|
|Literacy Rate||88.5 %|
|Time Zone||UTC-4 (Atlantic Standard Time)|
|Currency||Guyanese dollar (G$)|
|Religion||Hindu: 24.8%,Pentecostal: 22.8%, Muslim: 6.8|
MBBS in Guyana 2020 Fact Check
Guyana higher medical education is one of the most acclaimed education systems in the world. Apart from this, what makes Guyana a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy Admission Procedure and No Entrance Test at the majority of English universities.
Below are some safety measures to be followed in Guyana for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Guyana has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses, if you are among them then know about the MBBS in Guyana Eligibility Criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 from recognized board or institute or Equivalent and from non-premedical backgrounds|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5.5 Years|
The Admission Procedure for Studying MBBS in Guyana is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- Once you receive an offer letter, save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Guyana.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Guyana. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of Guyana, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Guyana.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Guyana
Before going to Admission in Medical college in Guyana, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Guyana. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Guyana are as follow:
Pre Medical Program (1.5 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4|
|Pre-Calculus||English||Organic Chemistry||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology|
|Chemistry||Biology||Physics||Introduction to Cell Biology and Histology|
|English||Calculus||Medical Terminology||Organic Chemistry|
|Introduction to Computer Science||Ethics||Psychology||Physics|
Basic Science (4 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4||Trimester 5 (Pre Clinical)|
|Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Behaviour Science||Pharmacology||Physical Diagnosis||USMLE Board Review|
|Biochemistry||Gross Anatomy||Medical Pathology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine (AICM)|
|Gross Anatomy||Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Medical Pathology||Optional Pathway either in Guyana or USA|
|Physiology||Biochemistry||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Pharmacology||–|
|Biostatics & Epidemiology||Physiology||Physical Diagnosis||Nutritional & Complementary Medicine||–|
|Embryology||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Medical Genetics||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–|
|Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–||Legal & Medical Ethics||–||–|
Clinical Science Program (2 years)
The Clinical Science program comprises of 72 weeks of which 48 weeks of core rotations and 24 weeks of elective rotations at affiliated hospitals. During the rotational/clerkship, students are guided and supervised under clinical faculty off various medical specialities.
Top MBBS Colleges in Guyana
Here is the updated list 2020-21 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Guyana officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
Alexander American University, School of Medicine, Georgetown
Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
Lincoln American University, Guyana
Texila American University
MBBS in Guyana Fees Structure
Guyana stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Guyana are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Guyana is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Guyana.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|Alexander American University, School of Medicine, Georgetown||INR 5,50,900||N/A|
|Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown||N/A||N/A|
|Lincoln American University, Guyana||N/A||N/A|
Pros & Cons
Do you know education system is partitioned into eleven regions, ten of which relate to the national regulatory and topographical locales of the nation, while the capital, Georgetown, is dealt with as a different training region? MBBS in Guyana is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. is treated as a separate education district with 8.3% of its GDP spent on education, Guyana sits with Cuba, Iceland, Denmark and Botswana as among the few countries with top spending on education. The MCI provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Guyana, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Guyana
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical Universities of Guyana (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Guyana MBBS Colleges don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Guyana are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Guyana’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Guyana provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from English medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Guyana offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Guyana
- The climate of the country is quite different, therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Guyana.
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for all the universities and is widely spoken throughout the country.
Ans. Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and other bodies.
Ans. Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr the MCI official website
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For Further Admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our Top Expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application FormApply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers