Studying MBBS in Guyana is easy, cheap and flexible. The country probably has one of the Best Medical Universities and education systems in the world producing a literacy rate of 87.5 % (It is the only English speaking country in South America). Colleges in Guyana don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission. You can get admission without giving any donation.
Guyana has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine. These conditions make Guyana a premier destination for all Medical Aspirants in India. Throughout the article, we will get to know about various aspects of MBBS In Guyana 2019 with all the pros and cons associated with it.
Guyana, a country on South America’s North Atlantic coast, is defined by its dense rain forest. English-speaking, with cricket and calypso music, it’s culturally connected to the Caribbean region. Its capital, Georgetown, is known for British colonial architecture, including tall, painted-timber St. George’s Anglican Cathedral.
|Population||783,769 (2016 Estimate)|
|Area||214,970 km2 (83,000 sq mi)|
|Language||Official Languages: English |
Recognized Regional Languages: 10 languages
|Climate||Maximum Temperatures: 30-31° C (87-89° Fahrenheit) |
Night Temperatures: 22 to 24° C (71-75°F).
|Literacy Rate||88.5 %|
|Time Zone||UTC-4 (Atlantic Standard Time)|
|Currency||Guyanese dollar (GYD)|
|Religion||Christian: 63 %, Hindu: 24.8%, Muslim: 6.8% |
Other: 2.6%, None: 3.1%
MBBS in Guyana 2019 Fact Check;
Guyana higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Guyana a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test at the majority of English universities. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Guyana for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- The cities of Guyana are much safer than one can consider for a safe medical destination, but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid bad neighbourhoods in your city.
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrollment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Guyana may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
Guyana has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study mbbs in Guyana, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 from recognized board or institute or Equivalent and from non-premedical backgrounds|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5.5 Years|
The Admission procedure for Studying mbbs in Guyana is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Guyana.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Guyana. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of Guyana, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Guyana.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Guyana
Before going to Admission in Medical college in Guyana, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Guyana. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Guyana are as follow:
Pre Medical Program (1.5 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4|
|Pre-Calculus||English||Organic Chemistry||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology|
|Chemistry||Biology||Physics||Introduction to Cell Biology and Histology|
|English||Calculus||Medical Terminology||Organic Chemistry|
|Introduction to Computer Science||Ethics||Psychology||Physics|
Basic Science (4 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4||Trimester 5 (Pre Clinical)|
|Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Behaviour Science||Pharmacology||Physical Diagnosis||USMLE Board Review|
|Biochemistry||Gross Anatomy||Medical Pathology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine (AICM)|
|Gross Anatomy||Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Medical Pathology||Optional Pathway either in Guyana or USA|
|Physiology||Biochemistry||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Pharmacology||–|
|Biostatics & Epidemiology||Physiology||Physical Diagnosis||Nutritional & Complementary Medicine||–|
|Embryology||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Medical Genetics||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–|
|Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–||Legal & Medical Ethics||–||–|
Clinical Science Program (2 years)
The Clinical Science program comprises of 72 weeks of which 48 weeks of core rotations and 24 weeks of elective rotations at affiliated hospitals. During the rotational/clerkship, students are guided and supervised under clinical faculty off various medical specialities.
Top MBBS Colleges in Guyana
Here are the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Guyana officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
Alexander American University, School of Medicine, Georgetown
Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
Lincoln American University, Guyana
Texila American University
MBBS in Guyana Fees Structure;
Hopefully; Guyana stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Guyana are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Guyana is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Guyana.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|Alexander American University, School of Medicine, Georgetown||5,50,900||NA|
|Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown||NA||NA|
|Lincoln American University, Guyana||NA||NA|
|Texila American University||NA||NA|
Pros & Cons;
Do you know? Education System is partitioned into eleven regions, ten of which relate to the national regulatory and topographical locales of the nation, while the capital, Georgetown, is dealt with as a different training region. MBBS in Guyana is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. is treated as a separate education district with 8.3% of its GDP spent on education, Guyana sits with Cuba, Iceland, Denmark and Botswana as among the few countries with top spending on education. The MCI provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Guyana, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Guyana
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical Universities of Guyana (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Guyana don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Guyana are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Guyana’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Guyana provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from English medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Guyana offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Guyana
- As English is the local language in Guyana, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the English Language after the class hour.
- The entire Visa process for Guyana is very tough as it takes more than two months after document submission to the concern embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is student visa a mandatory in Guyana?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Guyana.
Q2. What is the medium of instruction?
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for all the universities and is widely spoken throughout the country.
Q3. Can I practice in my Country after I study medicine from Guyana?
Ans. Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and other bodies.
Q4. What is MCI Screening Test?
Ans. Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr the MCI official website.
- Medical (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Dental (BDS/MDS) Colleges in India
- Ayurveda (BAMS) Colleges in India
- Homoeopathic Medical (BHMS) Colleges in India
- Unani Medical (BUMS) Colleges in India
- Yoga Science (BNYS) Colleges in India
- Siddha Medical (BSMS) Colleges in India
- Veterinary (BVSC) Colleges in India
- Nursing (B.Sc) Colleges in India
- Physiotherapy (BPT/MPT) Colleges in India
- Pharmacy (B.Pharm/M.pharm) Colleges in India
- MBBS in Ukraine? Good, Bad or a Wise Decision!
- Want to Do MBBS from Russia? Read the full Inside Story here!
For Further Admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our Top Expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!!