Caucasus International University was founded 26 years ago in 1995. The University operates as a Legal Entity of Private Law – a limited liability company. The university was founded as a medical institute, “Clinitsist”. The university received a license from the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Georgia in the same year. In 2005, the Accreditation Council of Higher Education Institutions granted Accreditation. In 2006, The name and founders of the institute, “Clinitsist”, were changed, and it was formed as a multi-profile higher education institution – Caucasus International University. It is one of the recognized universities to pursue an MBBS in Georgia.
Caucasus International University was granted institutional accreditation for five years based on the decision made by the Accreditation Council of Higher Education Institutions in 2007. Afterwards, Caucasus International University created a modern learning and teaching atmosphere by implementing innovative methodology in the education system and Master’s and Doctoral programs at the University. NMC, WHO, UNESCO, etc., and through intercultural education and diverse university life.
Below is the information about CIU Georgia in table form. For more information, candidates can visit Caucasus International University Official Website to get to know about the college in a more detailed form:-
|Name of Institute
|Caucasus International University
|Year of Establishment
|No. of Faculties
|Medium of Teaching
|English & Georgian
|NMC & WHO
|Country – 16
World – 9203
( Source: Unirank )
|February Intake-September Intake
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Tbilisi International Airport
|Medical Colleges in Georgia
Affiliation and Recognition
The Caucasus International University is one of the most prominent medical universities in Georgia, and it is affiliated with and recognized by various Medical Councils such as:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
The faculties at Caucasus International University differ from one department to another, encompassing various disciplines and specialities.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Viticulture-winemaking
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Business and Technology
- Faculty of Law
The Caucasus International University courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS (Faculty of Medicine)
Why Study MBBS at the Geomedi Medical University?
- MBBS education at Caucasus International University is delivered in English and Georgian.
- The fee structure at the university is highly affordable, catering to the financial needs of students.
- The university prioritizes a modern infrastructure and technology to foster a healthy environment for professors and students.
- An annual International Scientific Conference is organized by Caucasus International University, where students actively participate.
- Students not only acquire high-quality knowledge but also enjoy an excellent and interesting student life.
- Academic courses at the university are led by highly qualified and experienced academic personnel, including visiting professors.
If you want to take Geomedi Medical University admission in 2024, It is necessary to qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET) for Indian students.
Georgia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at Caucasus International University, check the eligibility below.
|You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before admission to Caucasus International University, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- f10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Georgia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Georgian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fees Structure 2024-25
The fee structure of the Caucasus International University tuition fees for International Students undergraduate medical course is stated in the section. The Caucasus University MBBS Fees are low as compared to other institutions mentioned below:
|Course Fee (Annual Fee)
|Course Fee in USD (approx)
|7000 USD (hostel fee included)
|Course Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)
|5,81,000 INR (hostel fee included)
|Total Fees in INR
NOTE: 1 USD = 83 INR. The mentioned caucasus international university tuition fees is approximate in nature, and will be subject to change.
According to Unirank, Caucasus International University ranking in Georgia and all over the world:
|Caucasus International University Country Ranking
|Caucasus International University World Ranking
Advantages of MBBS in Georgia
About Tbilisi City
- Earlier, Tbilisi was known as Tiflis.
- The city is situated on the banks of the Kura River, with a population of approximately 1.5 million people.
- The city of Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate with considerable continental influences.
- The city experiences moderately cold winters and warm summers.
- Throughout the year, Tbilisi receives significant rainfall.
- The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is around 13.5 degrees Celsius.
- Located about 17 km southeast of the city centre is Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, which is Tbilisi’s only airport.
Caucasus International University
Address: 0141, Tbilisi, Chargali Str. 73
Official Website: https://ciu.edu.ge/?lang=en
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Caucasus International University located?
Caucasus International University is located along 0141, Tbilisi, Chargali Str. 73, Georgia.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available on a case-to-case basis.
Does Caucasus University accept transferees?
Caucasus International University accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can Poor Indian students study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically intelligent students.