Alexander American University School of Medicine Guyana was founded in the year 2015. It is a private medical school and its main campus in Georgetown, Guyana. The AAU School of Medicine Guyana is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Guyana and it is an international medical university in Georgetown, Guyana.
The University situated on a 2,000 square meters, the campus features like an auditorium that seats 400 students, 19 classrooms, a library, with a range of digital journals, reference books and printed texts, Fitness Centre, Student Lounge and on-site restaurant and bank. It’s been designed to provide an outstanding teaching environment for up to 2000 students, the safety of all students and employees is provided by 24/7 security personnel and digital monitoring.
AAU School of Medicine Guyana
The college offers graduates obtain a Medical Doctorate upon completion of the five-year medical program. In 2016 the university received accreditation from the National Accreditation Council of Guyana, IMED International Medical Education Directory, WHO World Health Organization.
|Name of Institute||Alexander American University School of Medicine Guyana (AAU School of Medicine Guyana)|
|Year of Establishment||2015|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Approved||MCI, WDMS, WHO|
|Courses offered||MD Program (MBBS)|
|Academic Session Start||October|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Guyana|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: Medical Council of India (MCI), World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS) and World Health Organization (WHO)
- Aid Status: Private
- Language of Instruction: English
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Center
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The AAU School of Medicine Guyana offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|MD Program (MBBS)||5.5 years|
Note: MD Program Structure are divided into 3 phases
- Premedical: first 18 months
- Pre-clinical: 2 years
- Clinical Rotations: last 2 years
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for AAU School of Medicine Guyana is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Guyana.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Guyana. All the Best..!!
Guyana has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Alexander American University Guyana, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 from recognized board or institute or Equivalent and from non-premedical backgrounds|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5.5 Years|
Before taking admission in Alexander American University Guyana (AAU School of Medicine Guyana), please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Guyana.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Guyana
Before going to apply for AAU School of Medicine Guyana, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Guyana. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Guyana are as follow:
Pre Medical Program (1.5 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4|
|Pre-Calculus||English||Organic Chemistry||Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology|
|Chemistry||Biology||Physics||Introduction to Cell Biology and Histology|
|English||Calculus||Medical Terminology||Organic Chemistry|
|Introduction to Computer Science||Ethics||Psychology||Physics|
Basic Science (4 years)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3||Trimester 4||Trimester 5 (Pre Clinical)|
|Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Behaviour Science||Pharmacology||Physical Diagnosis||USMLE Board Review|
|Biochemistry||Gross Anatomy||Medical Pathology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine (AICM)|
|Gross Anatomy||Histology & Cell Biology||Medical Microbiology & Immunology||Medical Pathology||Optional Pathway either in Guyana or USA|
|Physiology||Biochemistry||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Pharmacology||–|
|Biostatics & Epidemiology||Physiology||Physical Diagnosis||Nutritional & Complementary Medicine||–|
|Embryology||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||Medical Genetics||Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–|
|Medical Research for Evidence-Based Medicine||–||Legal & Medical Ethics||–||–|
Clinical Science Program (2 years)
The Clinical Science program comprises of 72 weeks of which 48 weeks of core rotations and 24 weeks of elective rotations at affiliated hospitals. During the rotational/clerkship, students are guided and supervised under clinical faculty off various medical specialities.
The fees structure of the Alexander American University School of Medicine for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
MD Program (MBBS) Fee 1 to 3 year
|Year of Study||Fee (In US Dollar)||Fee (In INR)|
|1st-year Premedical||US Dollar 8000||5,50,900|
|2nd year Pre Clinical-1||US Dollar 5400||3,71,857|
|3rd year Pre Clinical-2||US Dollar 5400||3,71,857|
MD Program (MBBS) Fee 4 to 5 year
|Year of Study||Program||Fee (In US Dollar)||Fee (In INR)|
|4th year Clinical-1||Clinical in the Caribbean||US Dollar 6000||4,13,190|
|Clinical in Asia||US Dollar 6000||4,13,190|
|Clinicals in the USA||US Dollar 9000 – 12000||6,19,785 – 8,26,380|
|5th year Clinical-2||Clinicals in the Caribbean||US Dollar 6000||4,13,190|
|Clinicals in Asia||US Dollar 6000||4,13,190|
|Clinicals in the USA||US Dollar 9000-12000||6,19,785 – 8,26,380|
|Total Program Cost||Clinicals in the Caribbean||US Dollar 30800||21,21,042|
|Clinicals in Asia||US Dollar 30800||21,21,042|
|Clinicals in the USA||US Dollar 36800-42800||25,34,876 – 29,48,171|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Alexander American University School of Medicine Guyana (AAU School of Medicine Guyana)|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Guyana.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever’s the Best MBBS college in Guyana.
Alexander American University School of Medicine Guyana
(AAU School of Medicine Guyana)
168, Campbellville, Georgetown, Guyana
Guyana, a country on South America’s North Atlantic coast, is defined by its dense rain forest. English-speaking, with cricket and calypso music, it’s culturally connected to the Caribbean region. Its capital, Georgetown, is known for British colonial architecture, including tall, painted-timber St. George’s Anglican Cathedral.
|Population||783,769 (2016 Estimate)|
|Area||214,970 km2 (83,000 sq mi)|
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||Maximum Temperatures: 30-31° C (87-89° Fahrenheit)
Night Temperatures: 22 to 24° C (71-75°F).
|Literacy Rate||88.5 %|
|Time Zone||UTC-4 (Atlantic Standard Time)|
|Currency||Guyanese dollar (GYD)|
|Religion||Christian: 63 %, Hindu: 24.8%, Muslim: 6.8%
Other: 2.6%, None: 3.1%
MBBS in Guyana 2019 Fact Check;
English higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Guyana a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test.
Here are some of the facts about the safety measures of Guyana for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons:
Do you know? Education System is partitioned into eleven regions, ten of which relate to the national regulatory and topographical locales of the nation, while the capital, Georgetown, is dealt with as a different training region. MBBS in Guyana is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. is treated as a separate education district with 8.3% of its GDP spent on education, Guyana sits with Cuba, Iceland, Denmark and Botswana as among the few countries with top spending on education. The MCI provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Guyana, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Guyana
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical Universities of Guyana (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Guyana don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Guyana are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Guyana’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Guyana provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from English medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Guyana offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Guyana
- As English is the local language in Guyana, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the English Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is student visa a mandatory in Guyana?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Guyana.
Q2. What is the medium of instruction?
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for all the universities and is widely spoken throughout the country.
Q3. Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from Guyana?
Ans. Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and other bodies.
Q4. What is MCI Screening Test?
Ans. Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr the MCI official website.
For Further Admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our Top Expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!!
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers