Studying MBBS in New Zealand is easy, cheap and flexible. The country probably has one of the Best Medical Universities and education systems in the world producing the highest literacy rate(The country geographically comprises two main landmasses—the North Island, and the South Island). New Zealand offers the highest percentage of public funding in education in the world. Several indices rate New Zealand as the number one country in the world for education.
New Zealand has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine. These conditions make New Zealand a premier destination for all Medical Aspirants in India. Throughout the article, we will get to know about various aspects of MBBS In New Zealand 2019 with all the pros and cons associated with it.
New Zealand is one of the most picturesque and photogenic places on earth. With a population of only four million people. The country has three official languages- New Zealand English, Māori and NZ Sign Language. New Zealand is a land of great contrasts and diversity. Active volcanoes, spectacular caves, deep glacier lakes, and long sandy beaches all contribute to New Zealand’s scenic beauty.
|Area||268,021 km2 (103,483 sq mi)|
|Capital City|| Wellington |
Other largest cities: Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga.
|Language||English, Māori, NZ Sign Language|
|Climate||New Zealand has a largely temperate climate. While the far north has subtropical weather during summer|
|Currency||New Zealand dollar ($) (NZD)|
|Religion||48% Christianity, 6% other religion, 42% New Zealand Citizens(without any religion)|
MBBS in New Zealand 2019 Fact Check;
New Zealand higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes New Zealand a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works at the majority of New Zealand universities. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of New Zealand for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. New Zealand may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
Georgia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in New Zealand, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year. |
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR) |
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
The Admission procedure for Studying mbbs in New Zealand is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in New Zealand.
- Now you are all set for Study in New Zealand. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of New Zealand, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of New Zealand.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the New Zealand Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in New Zealand
Before going to Admission in Medical college in New Zealand, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in New Zealand. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in New Zealand are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in New Zealand.
Top MBBS Colleges in New Zealand
Here are the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in New Zealand officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
University of Otago
MBBS in New Zealand Fees Structure;
Hopefully; New Zealand stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of New Zealand are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from WHO, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in New Zealand is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of New Zealand.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|University of Otago||€9283.86||NA|
Pros & Cons;
Do you know? New Zealand offers the highest percentage of public funding in education in the world. Several indices rate New Zealand as the number one country in the world for education. New Zealand natives believe in giving everyone the education that they deserve. The country is so great at giving their public schools the monies they need, many parents are just as happy using the public system. There are a lot of advantages to studying in New Zealand, here are just a few:
Advantages of Study in New Zealand
- New Zealand medical universities and colleges far better education when compared to Indian private medical colleges. The main focus here is to enable students to acquire practical expertise. Students also have access to advanced technologies and devices.
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across the world.
- Research-based education model which provides a high-quality learning experience.
- Easy entry. There is not a lot of competition for getting in college.
- Variety of food options available.
- Left-hand side driving on the road.
- Medical students in New Zealand are provided with the opportunities to gain practical knowledge through experiments and clinical clerkship.
- The infrastructure and facilities of hostels are excellent and Indian cuisines are served at the hostels to give students a homely feeling.
- Students studying in New Zealand get the opportunity to complete their internship program from the world-class medical college and hospitals of the world.
Disadvantages of Study in New Zealand
- Expensive travel to India.
- Costly education and living.
- Exactly opposite climate scenario.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: I left school some years ago. Can I apply?
Answer: Yes, so long as you meet other eligibility criteria.
Q.2: Is there an income limit for the entrance scholarships for those with financial hardship?
Answer: No. There is no income bracket for students wishing to be considered for scholarships such as the 150th/Alumni Appeal etc.
Q.3: Do I have to enrol in a course before applying for scholarships?
Answer: Yes. You must have completed the first stages of enrolment at the University of Otago to access the online entrance scholarship application. The college does not require you to have picked your major or minor, but you do need to be enrolled in a valid undergraduate program.
Q.4: Is student visa a mandatory in New Zealand?
Answer: YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in any MBBS colleges in New Zealand.
Q.5: Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in New Zealand?
Answer: YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q.6: How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Answer: MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q.7: Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in New Zealand?
Answer: Yes, once you clear the MCI screening Test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q.8: Is the New Zealand Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Answer: Yes. The New Zealand medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
- Medical (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Dental (BDS/MDS) Colleges in India
- Ayurveda (BAMS) Colleges in India
- Homoeopathic Medical (BHMS) Colleges in India
- Unani Medical (BUMS) Colleges in India
- Yoga Science (BNYS) Colleges in India
- Siddha Medical (BSMS) Colleges in India
- Veterinary (BVSC) Colleges in India
- Nursing (B.Sc) Colleges in India
- Physiotherapy (BPT/MPT) Colleges in India
- Pharmacy (B.Pharm/M.pharm) Colleges in India
- MBBS in Ukraine? Good, Bad or a Wise Decision!
- Want to Do MBBS from Russia? Read the full Inside Story here!
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.