Uzhhorod National University Ukraine was founded in the year 1945. It is one of the recognized universities to pursue MBBS in Ukraine, Situated in the city of Uzhhorod, Ukraine. Uzhhorod National University is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Ukraine.
The Faculty of Medicine is the largest faculty in the structure of Uzhgorod National University. More than 40 doctors of medical sciences and more than a 100 candidates of sciences – that’s the staffing potential of the medical faculty. The University has provided at 109 Departments. The academic classes are organized at 70+ teaching hospitals as well as research and practice centers.
Uzhhorod National University Ukraine
The University consists of 20 faculties and 109 Departments that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Ukraine national economy.
|Name of Institute||Uzhhorod National University|
|Year of Establishment||1945|
|Location||Universytets’ka St, 14, Uzhhorod, Zakarpats’ka oblast, Ukraine, 88000|
|Language of Teaching||English/Ukrainian|
|No. Of Faculties||20|
|Academic Session Start||September|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Ukraine|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: WHO, MCI
- Aid Status: Public
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
The Uzhhorod National University Ukraine offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified Faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
Faculty & Staff
The University consists of 20 faculties and 109 Departments that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Ukraine national economy. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for Uzhhorod National University Ukraine is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
- Now you are all set for Study in Ukraine. All the Best..!!
Ukraine has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study mbbs in Uzhhorod National University Ukraine, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year. |
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR) |
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||5 Years 8 Months (English Medium) |
(Some universities in Ukraine have 3 years of internship while some have a 1-year internship.)
Before taking admission at Uzhhorod National University Ukraine, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Ukraine.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ukraine Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Ukraine
Before going to apply for Uzhhorod National University Ukraine, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Ukraine. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Ukraine are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – 12th Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Ukraine.
The fees structure of the Uzhhorod National University for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 3210.87|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.2,24,761|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.5,46,337|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Uzhhorod National University Ukraine Ukraine|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Ukraine.
- We would like to give 4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Ukraine.
Address: 88000, Ukraine, Transcarpathian region.
Uzhgorod, vul. University, 14, room 228
Phone: +38 (0312) 64-30-84, 066-5716240, 096-123-89-67
E-mail: [email protected]
Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. It is located in the heart of Europe. Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea. Ukraine, being a large European economy, has a well-developed industrial base, the rich farmlands, highly trained labour and a good education system.
|Population||43,847,593 (as of Tuesday, April 1, 2019)|
|Area||It has an area of 603,500 km2|
|Capital City||Kiev |
Other cities: Kharkiv, Odesa, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporozhe, Lviv.
|Language||The official language: Ukrainian |
Other Language: Russian
|Climate||Dry and continental (0-35 degree)|
|Literacy Rate||Male literacy rate: 99.99% |
|Time Zone||UTC + 3:00|
|Religion||Orthodox Christianity |
Other: Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Adventism.
MBBS in Ukraine 2019: Fact Check
As a country with a favorable geographical position (situated between Asia and Europe), Ukraine was always viewed by foreign investors as a country with better economic conditions, than other republics of the Soviet Union. The country is free of nuclear weapons. It is considered one of the safest places in the world with the second largest army in Europe and one of the lowest crime rates on Earth. As far as Indian students are concerned, the cost of studying MBBS in Ukraine is low compared to the private medical colleges in India. The medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by WHO and MCI. So once they complete their course, they can work anywhere in the world. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Ukraine for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- The safety standards can be best understood by the fact that you can go out alone at 3 am in any Ukrainian city.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Ukraine may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
- The cities of Ukraine are much safer than one can consider for a safe medical destination, but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid bad neighbourhoods in your city.
- In recent time, the Ukrainian authorities have taken a hard line against skinhead activities that were once happening in the country.
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
Why Choose Study in Ukraine
- The Fee of MBBS in Ukraine is lower when compared to other study destinations around the globe.
- The medical education system in Ukraine is almost equivalent to India and many developing countries.
- Medical students in the country are exposed to several extracurricular activities and international seminars so that they could gain some confidence.
- All medical universities in Ukraine have best infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members.
- The Medical Council of India recognizes MBBS qualification acquired from Ukrainian universities. Indian students can visit their country and work after completed their MBBS in Ukraine.
- MBBS in Ukraine is also known for the best FMGE passing percentage.
Pros & Cons;
Ukraine Government is very keen on the improvement and development of medical education in the country. The medical universities get constant help from the Ukraine government for maintaining the standard of education. The country has become one of the most preferable destinations for aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad. Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are listed below:
Advantages of studying in Ukraine
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Ukraine (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Ukrainian medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Hospitals in Ukraine offer practical training to medical students.
- Colleges in Ukraine don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Ukraine are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low.
- Ukrainian MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Ukraine provide great academics, as well as sports.
Disadvantages of studying in Ukraine
- As Ukrainian and East Slavic language is the local language in Ukraine, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Ukrainian Language after the class hour.
- To chat with the patients during your MBBS, you need to know their dialect.
- The entire Visa process for Ukraine is very tough as it takes more than two months after document submission to the concern embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
FAQs for Studying MBBS in Ukraine;
Q1. MBBS in Ukraine, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Ukraine. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q2. When does the academic year start in Ukrainian Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Ukrainian medical university starts from September.
Q3. Is student visa a mandatory in Ukraine?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in any MBBS colleges in Ukraine.
Q4. Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Ukraine?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q5. How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q7. Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Ukraine?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening Test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q9. Is the Ukraine Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Ukrainian medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.