MBBS in Ukraine’s renowned universities is a rewarding investment of time, finance and career dream for many Indian students. This heart of Europe is a country well-known for providing quality medical education at affordable fees. Ukraine, the largest European country, has achieved a 100% literacy rate and ranks amongst the best place for studying medicine in the world. Little known is that Ukraine has some of the best Medical Universities in the world. It is one of the best destinations for MBBS abroad.
These conditions make Ukraine a premier destination for all medical aspirants in India. The practising medical doctor has more than 25 years of professional experience in specialization and career. Throughout the article, we will examine various aspects of MBBS in Ukraine 2022-23 Winter Session point by point, along with the pros and cons.
Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. It is located in the heart of Europe. Belarus borders Ukraine to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland west. Ukraine is separated from Russia in the far southeast by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.
|Area||603,628 km2 (233,062 sq mi)|
Other cities: Kharkiv, Odesa, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporozhe, Lviv.
|Language||The official language: Ukrainian|
Other Language: Russian
|Climate||Dry and continental (0-35 degrees)|
|Literacy Rate||Male literacy rate: 99.99%|
|Time Zone||UTC + 3:00|
Other: Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Adventism.
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Ukraine, let’s look at quick facts about MBBS.
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Courses Duration||5 Years + (1 Year Internship) (English Medium)|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Minimum Course Fee (Approx.)||USD 4,500 (Year)|
|Maximum Course Fee (Approx.)||USD 7,000 (Year)|
|Cost of Living in Ukraine||USD 150 (Month)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
Recognition of Ukrainian Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Ukraine are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Ukraine has always been a preferred destination for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Ukraine, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years 8 Months (English Medium)|
(Some universities in Ukraine have three years of internship while some have a 1-year apprenticeship.)
|Minimum Course Fee (Approx.)||USD 4,500/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee (Approx.)||USD 7,000/Year|
|Cost of Living in Ukraine (Approx.)||USD 150/Month|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709233 (India)|
Graphical Representation of why study MBBS in Ukraine
If you want admission to Ukraine, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing the NEET exam.
Before admission to the medical college in Ukraine, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Ukraine.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ukraine Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
Top MBBS Colleges in Ukraine with Fee Structure
Here are the updated 2023-2024 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Ukraine. For detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link.
The MBBS in Ukraine Fee Structure is very much affordable. These are the top NMC-approved medical universities in Ukraine. Below we have mentioned the tuition and hostel fees of MBBS Colleges in Ukraine.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees/Year||Hostel Fees/Year|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||3,60,000||72,000|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||3,12,000||32,000|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||3,92,000||80,000|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||3,36,960||1,20,000|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||3,20,000||80,000|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||3,84,000||64,000|
|Kyiv Medical University||2,80,000||80,000|
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University||2,96,000||80,000|
|Lugansk State Medical University||3,20,000||64,000|
|Odessa National Medical University||3,49,000||1,12,000|
|Ternopil State Medical University||3,36,000||80,000|
|Uzhhorod National Medical University||3,04,000||80,000|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||3,60,000||72,000|
|Vinnytsia National Medical University||4,00,000||56,000|
|Poltava State Medical University||3,20,000||80,000|
|VN Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University||3,60,000||64,000|
|Taras Shevchenko National University||3,60,000||1,20,000|
|Sumy State University||3,44,000||80,000|
Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Ukraine with Fee Structure (Graphical Representation)
Future Career Opportunity After MBBS in Ukraine
- Students can do Post Graduation after completing MBBS if they clear their respective county’s medical licence examination.
- Full assistance for the preparation of USMLE is available in colleges.
- Clinical rotation programs are conducted in any country.
- Indian students can return to India after passing the NEXT exam.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine’s Government is very keen on improving and developing medical education in the country. Medical universities get constant help from the Ukrainian government to maintain a quality standard of education. The country has become one of the preferable destinations for aspiring Indian students who want to study MBBS abroad. Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are listed below:
Advantages of Studying in Ukraine
- No Entrance test is required to study at Medical universities in Ukraine (Only a NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those institutions which the Medical Council of India recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- The MBBS degree students get from Ukrainian medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
- Students become eligible to work in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
Disadvantages of Studying in Ukraine
- As Ukrainian and East Slavic language is the local language in Ukraine, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Ukrainian Language after the class hour.
- Ukraine’s visa process is very tough as it takes more than two months after document submission to the concerned embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is NEET compulsory for MBBS in Ukraine?
NEET is required for admission to any Ukrainian medical university.
Is Ukraine MBBS valid in India?
After passing the FMGE/NExT medical screening exam, you can practise medicine in India, provided you choose an (NMC) certified medical university.
Does KROK help in qualifying FMGE/NEXT?
Yes, KROK is held twice throughout the course, which helps establish the concepts and undoubtedly helps in FMGE/NExT qualification. The FMGE passing rate is the highest among Ukrainian MBBS graduates.
Why is MBBS cheap in Ukraine?
The Ukrainian government generously funds the medical education offered by its medical institutions and universities.
Can I do MBBS in Ukraine without NEET?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a common entrance test for admission to undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions. Students who wish to study MBBS or other equivalent courses, such as Dental courses (BDS), must clear the NEET exam.
Is MBBS in Ukraine better than in India?
If not better, MBBS from Ukraine is equivalent to MBBS from India. Medical institutes in Ukraine are equipped with world-class educational infrastructure. Faculty members are well-qualified and experienced. This enhances the quality of education.
Why are Indians doing MBBS in Ukraine?
While government medical universities are affordable to aspirants, private medical institutions charge huge fees. According to Quartz India, Ukrainian medical colleges are a boon for students who cannot get seats at government institutes or afford the hefty prices that private institutions in India charge.
Is the internship at Ukraine MBBS valid in India?
The National Medical Commission (NMC) has allowed Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) who have returned to India from Ukraine to complete their mandatory 12-month internship in India.