To study MBBS in Ukraine universities is truly a rewarding investment of time, finance and career acquisition. Ukraine is a country well known for quality, affordable medical education. Ukraine the European country that has the achievement of 100% of literacy is the best place for studying medicine in the world.
Although little known to many, Ukraine has one of the best Medical Universities. The all-time number of international students trained as medical doctors in Ukraine runs into hundreds of thousands. Practising medical doctor, trained in Ukraine’s different medical institutions, already have well over 25 years of professional practice in their different fields of specialization and career. These conditions make Ukraine a premiere destination for all medical aspirants in India. Throughout the article, we will investigate various aspects of MBBS In Ukraine 2019 with all the pros and cons associated with it.
Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. It is located in the heart of Europe. Ukraine is bordered by Belarus to the north, Russia to the east, the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea to the south, Moldova and Romania to the southwest, and Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland to the west. In the far southeast, Ukraine is separated from Russia by the Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea. Ukraine, being a large European economy, has a well-developed industrial base, the rich farmlands, highly trained labour and a good education system.
|Population||43,847,593 as of Tuesday, April 1, 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates|
|Area||It has an area of 603,500 km2, making it the second largest contiguous country on the European continent, after the Russian Federation and world’s 44th largest country.|
|Capital City||Kiev is the capital and largest city of Ukraine. Kiev is one of the biggest cities in Europe. Other large cities of Ukraine are Kharkov, Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporozhe, Lviv etc|
|Language||The official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian, an East Slavic language which is the native language of 67.5% of Ukraine’s population. Russian is the native language of 29.6% of Ukraine’s population (mostly urban areas) and the rest (2.9%) are native speakers of other languages.|
|Climate||The climate of Ukraine can be described as dry and continental influenced climate with warm, dry summers and fairly severe winters. January is the coldest month with daytime temperatures usually around 0°C. In summer daytime temperatures reach 25-30°C, but sometimes quite higher, 35°C or more, especially in the inland areas.|
|Literacy Rate||Ukraine it has, according to UNESCO, an adult literacy rate of 99.97%. While the male literacy rate is 99.99%, for females is 99.96%.|
|Time Zone||UTC + 3:00|
|Religion||The main religion in Ukraine is Orthodox Christianity. Catholicism is also one of the major religions in Ukraine (23 %). Besides, there are also such confessions as Protestantism, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Adventism on the territory of Ukraine.|
# MBBS in Ukraine 2019 Fact Check;
As a country with a favourable geographical position (situated between Asia and Europe), Ukraine was always viewed by foreign investors as a country with better economic conditions, than other republics of the Soviet Union. The country is free of nuclear weapons. It is considered one of the safest places in the world with the second largest army in Europe and one of the lowest crime rates on Earth. As far as Indian students are concerned, the cost of studying MBBS in Ukraine is low compared to the private medical colleges in India. The medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by WHO and MCI. So once they complete their course, they can work anywhere in the world. Here are some of the fact check to counter safety measures of Ukraine for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- The safety standards can be best understood by the fact that you can go out alone at 3 am in any Ukrainian city.
- Be on guard and don’t walk around unnecessarily and you should be fine. Ukraine may not be as safe as Switzerland, but it’s one of the safest countries to pursue your higher studies.
- The cities of Ukraine are much safer than one can consider for a safe medical destination, but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid bad neighbourhoods in your city.
- In recent time, the Ukrainian authorities have taken a hard line against skinhead activities that were once happening in the country.
- It is always a wise decision to carry your enrolment credentials and your student visa while leaving out from the campus. A copy of the passport, visa and registration papers is a must.
# MBBS in Ukraine Eligibility Condition
Ukraine has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study mbbs in Ukraine, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year. |
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR) |
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||5 Years 8 Months (English Medium) |
(Some universities in Ukraine have 3 years of internship while some have a 1-year internship.)
# Admission Procedure MBBS in Ukraine
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Ukraine is very simple, basic and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college in Ukraine, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Ukraine. All the Best..!!
# Documents Required
Before taking admission in Medical college in Ukraine, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Ukraine.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ukrainian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- Medical test documents.
# MBBS Syllabus in Ukraine
Before going to Ukraine for Medical studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Ukraine. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Ukraine are as follow:
|2nd Semester:||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd Semester:||Histology, Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, and Physiology|
|4th Semester:||Bio-Chemistry, Physiology, and Micro-Biology|
|3rd||5th Semester:||Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, and Path physiology|
|6th Semester:||Path physiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology|
|4th – 6th||7th – End Semester:||Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings |
Oncology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology are some of the subjects taught during fourth to the sixth year of MBBS in Ukraine.
Recognition of Ukrainian Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Ukraine are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Top MBBS Colleges in Ukraine
Here are the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Ukraine officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
2. Lviv National Medical University
3. Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
4. Ternopil State Medical University
5. Bogomolets National Medical University
6. Sumy State University
7. Odessa National Medical University
8. Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University
9. Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
10. V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
11. Ukranian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava
12. Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
13. National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
14. Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv
15. Kharkiv National Medical University
16. Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy
17. Bukovinian State Medical University
MBBS in Ukraine Fees Structure 2019-20;
The country is known for its medical programs, which it offers. Indian students can gain the advantage of studying medical programs in Ukraine. As the class size is small you can easily clear your doubts and increase your knowledge of the subject. The classrooms are practically oriented which increases the interests of the students in the subject. Courses offered range from general medicine to specialized medical courses and other medical-related courses like Pharmacy, Nursing etc. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Ukraine is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Ukraine.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year||Hostel Fees / Year|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||3900 USD||400 USD|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||4500 USD||780 USD|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||3500 USD||900 USD|
|I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University||4100 USD||800 USD|
|Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University||4200 USD||500 USD|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||4800 USD||800 USD|
|Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv||5200 USD||1500 USD|
|National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya||4400 USD||700 USD|
|O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University||6500 USD||1000 USD|
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Ukraine||3700 USD||900 USD|
|Sumy State University, Sumy||5150 USD||1000 USD|
|Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv||4500 USD||800 USD|
|Ukranian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava, Ukraine||4000 USD||600 USD|
|Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine||3800 USD||850 USD|
|V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University||4800 USD||800 USD|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||5300 USD||1000 USD|
Disclaimer: The above-mentioned fees structure is approximate in nature and may be scheduled to change.
Pros & Cons;
Ukraine Government is very keen on the improvement and development of medical education in the country. The medical universities get constant help from the Ukraine government for maintaining the standard of education. The country has become one of the most preferable destinations for aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad. Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are listed below:
Advantages of studying in Ukraine
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Ukraine (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Ukrainian medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Hospitals in Ukraine offer practical training to medical students.
- Colleges in Ukraine don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Ukraine are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low.
- Ukrainian MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Ukraine provide great academics, as well as sports.
Disadvantages of studying in Ukraine
- As Ukrainian and East Slavic language is the local language in Ukraine, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Ukrainian Language after the class hour.
- To chat with the patients during your MBBS, you need to know their dialect.
- The entire Visa process for Ukraine is very tough as it takes more than two months after document submission to the concern embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
FAQs for Studying MBBS in Ukraine;
Q1. MBBS in Ukraine, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Ukraine. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q2. When does the academic year start in Ukrainian Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Ukrainian medical university starts from September.
Q3. Is student visa a mandatory in Ukraine?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in any MBBS colleges in Ukraine.
Q4. Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Ukraine?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q5. How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q7. Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Ukraine?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening Test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q9. Is the Ukraine Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Ukrainian medical colleges are authorized by WHO and UNESCO.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!