Charles University Prague was founded in the year 1348. It is one of the oldest universities in the world, situated in Prague, Czech Republic. Charles University Czech Republic is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Prague and is also considered as one of the premier colleges to pursue MBBS in the Czech Republic.
The Faculty of Medicine of Charles University Prague was the first university in Central Europe. Today, the university consists of 17 faculties located in Prague, Hradec Králové and Pilsen. Its academic publishing house is Karolinum Press.
👉 Download Hand Written Notes for the NEET Examination Click Here
Charles University Prague
Charles University has nearly 50,000 students roughly a sixth of all students in the Czech Republic enrolled in more than 300 accredited degree programmes that offer over 630 different courses.
|Name of Institute||Charles University Prague, Czech|
|Year of Establishment||1348|
|Location||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI), World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, Dentistry and Doctoral|
|Academic Session Start||October|
|Review this College||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Czechoslovakia|
Here we have mentioned some Useful Resources of NEET that will help you defiantly to crack this exam.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: Medical Council of India (MCI), World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS)
- Aid Status: Public, Ancient
- Language of Instruction: English
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
Here have to provide NEET Sample Papers that will help you to crack this examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Biology Sample Papers
The Charles University Prague, Czechoslovakia offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|General Medicine Program (MBBS)||6 years|
|Dentistry Program||5 years|
|Doctoral Program||4 years|
Faculty & Staff
More than 20,000 students are studying in Bachelor’s degree programmes, almost 25,000 in Master’s programmes, and 8,000 in PhD programmes. The University has over 7,000 students from other countries. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for Charles University Prague, Czechoslovakia is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees of Charles University, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Czechoslovakia.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Czechoslovakia. All the Best..!!
Czechoslovakia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study in Charles University Czech Republic, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 with Good grades in Biology, Physics and Chemistry, as per University requirements form recognized board or institute.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Good grades in Biology, Physics and Chemistry|
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before taking admission in Charles University Czech Republic, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Czechoslovakia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Czech Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Czech
Before going to apply for Charles University Prague, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Czechoslovakia. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Czechoslovakia are as follow:
|1st year||Anatomy, Biophysics, Czech I, First Aid, Histology and Embryology, Introduction to Human Studies, Latin Medical Terminology, Medical Biology I and Nursing I|
|2nd year||Biochemistry, Czech II-A, Czech II B, Medical Biology II, Medical Informatics, Medical Microbiology I, Nursing II, Physiology and Summer holidays training – Nursing|
|3rd year||Czech III, Immunology, Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Medical Microbiology II
Pathological Physiology and Pathology
|4th year||Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Genetics, Epidemiology, Forensic Medicine, Imaging Methods and Nuclear Medicine, Internal Medicine I, Medical Psychology
Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics I, Pharmacology, Public Health (STEX)
Rehabilitation, Skeletal Traumatology, Sports Medicine, Stomatology, Summer holidays training – Internal Medicine, Summer holidays training – Paediatrics and Surgery I
|5th year||Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Medicine, Clinical 10 Days, Dermatovenerology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics I, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine II, Neurology, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics II, Psychiatry, Summer holidays training – Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Summer holidays training – Surgery and Urology|
|6th year||Gynaecology and Obstetrics II (STEX), Internal Medicine III (STEX), Paediatrics III (STEX)
Practical Medicine and Surgery II (STEX)
The fees structure of the Charles University Prague for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Programme||Fee (In CZK)||Fee (In Euro)||Fee (In INR)|
|General Medicine Program (MBBS)||360000||€14146.05||10,98,603|
I want to know the fees of Charles University Czech Republic? Can you please tell me, how costly it is? Click Here to know more.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Charles University Czech Republic|
|Review this College||Click Here|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Czechoslovakia.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufeve’s Best MBBS college in Czechoslovakia.
Charles University Czech Republic
Opletalova 38, 110 00 Staré Město
Czechia Czech Republic
Phone: +420 224 491 850
Czechoslovakia, or Czecho-Slovakia, was a sovereign state in Central Europe that existed from October 1918, when it declared its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until its peaceful dissolution into the Czech Republic and Slovakia on 1 January 1993.
|Population||1.06 crores (2017)|
|Area||127,900 km2 (49,400 sq mi)|
|Language||Common Language: Czech, Slovak, German
Hungarian, Yiddish and Rusyn
|Climate||Summer Daytime Temperatures Reach 20-25°C
But Sometimes Quite Higher, 30°C or more
|Literacy Rate||99 %|
|Time Zone||Czechia (GMT+2)|
|Religion||Undeclared: 44.7%, No religion: 34.5%, Catholic Church: 10.5%
Believers who do not identify with any religion: 6.8%
Other Christian Churches: 1.1%, Protestantism: 1.0%, Other: 0.7%
MBBS in the Czech Republic 2020 Fact Check
Czech higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Czecho-Slovakia a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works and no entrance test.
Here are some of the fact about the safety measures of Czecho-Slovakia for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons
Do you know education was free at all levels and compulsory from age 6 to 15? There was a highly developed system of apprenticeship training and vocational schools supplemented general secondary schools and institutions of higher education. MBBS in Czecho-Slovakia is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. The MCI provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Czecho-Slovakia, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Czecho-Slovakia
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Czecho-Slovakia (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Czecho-Slovakia don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Czecho-Slovakia are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Czecho-Slovakia’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the Czech language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Czecho-Slovakia provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Czech medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Czecho-Slovakia offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Czecho-Slovakia
- As Czech is the local language in Czecho-Slovakia, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Czech Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is student visa a mandatory in Czecho-Slovakia?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Czecho-Slovakia.
Q2. What is the medium of instruction?
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for all the universities and is widely spoken throughout the country.
Q3. Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from Czechoslovakia?
Ans. Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and other bodies.
Q4. What is MCI Screening Test?
Ans. Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr.
Q5. Are there English-taught study programmes in the Czech Republic?
Ans. There are many study programmes and courses taught in English or in another foreign language. You can search for the most suitable study programme for you based on the university or programme.
MBBS Abroad Destination for Indian Students
|Name of Country||Link|
|MBBS in China||Click Here|
|MBBS in Singapore||Click Here|
|MBBS in Guyana||Click Here|
|MBBS in Ukraine||Click Here|
|MBBS in Bulgaria||Click Here|
|MBBS in New Zealand||Click Here|
|MBBS in Tanzania||Click Here|
|MBBS in Kyrgyzstan||Click Here|
|MBBS in Armenia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Poland||Click Here|
|MBBS in Georgia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Italy||Click Here|
|MBBS in the Philippines||Click Here|
|MBBS in Malaysia||Click Here|
|MBBS in Nepal||Click Here|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||Click Here|
|MBBS in Kazakhstan||Click Here|
|MBBS in Germany||Click Here|
|MBBS in Belize||Click Here|
|MBBS in Belarus||Click Here|
|MBBS in Czechoslovakia||Click Here|
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers