Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kanchipuram is one of the leading Medical Institute is most popularly known as CHRI Kanchipuram was founded in the year 2006. Chettinad Medical College offers education in the field of medical sciences.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute (Chettinad Medical College Kanchipuram), Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram
This College is affiliated with the Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (Deemed University) Chettinad and recognized by the NMC.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of CHRI Kanchipuram.
|Name of Institute||Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram|
|Popular Name||Chettinad Medical College Kanchipuram, CHRI Kanchipuram|
|Year of Establishment||2006|
|Affiliated||Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (Deemed University) Chettinad|
|Courses Offered||MBBS MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Click Here|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (Deemed University)
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute Kanchipuram offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure
CHRI Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||4.5+ one year Internship||Click Here|
CHRI Kanchipuram offers quality education and offers the following PG course.
|DM – Neurology||1||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Neuro Surgery||1||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Cardio-Thoracic Surgery||2||3 Years|
|DM – Cardiology||2||3 Years|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||1||3 Years|
|DM – Neonatology||1||3 Years|
|MD – Sports Medicine||2||3 Years|
|MS – General Surgery||16||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9||3 Years|
|DM – Gastroenterology||1||3 Years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||6||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||4||3 Years|
|MD – Paediatrics||9||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||14||3 Years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||13||3 Years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||10||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||5||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||5||3 Years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||3||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||4||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||4||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||8||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medic Madras Medical College, Chennai, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.O.P.D.sbegin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.E.N.T.hthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the compulsory courses which come under CHRI Kanchipuram. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||Click Here|
Here we describe the Fee structure of Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kanchipuram for UG and PG courses.
|Particular||Fees per annum|
|Tuition Fee||For general – 22,00,000/-|
|For NRI||50,000 US $|
|Laptop, Uniform, University Registration Fee, etc.||1,21,000/-|
|Types Of Accommodation||Fees Per Year|
|Triple Bed Non – A/C – Non-Bath||1,80,000/-|
|Triple Bed A/C Non-Bath||1,95,000/-|
|Double Bed A/C Non-Bath||2,10,000/-|
|Double Bed Non-A/C – Bath Attached||2,17,000/-|
|Double Bed A/C – Bath Attached||2,55,000/-|
|Single Bed Non-A/C – Bath Attached||2,40,000/-|
|Single Bed A/C – Bath Attached||3,15,000/-|
Note: The fee structure may be subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram ST Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram Economically Weaker Section Category
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
Note: 2021 Cutoff is not yet released by the official website. We have just expected the NEET 2021 cutoff based on the past database.
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Other Nearest States Counselling Procedure
|Kerala NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Karnataka NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
|Andhra Pradesh NEET UG Counselling||Click here|
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by CHRI Kanchipuram, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||CHRI Kanchipuram|
|Review this College||Click Here|
Chettinad Medical College
Address: Chettinad Health City, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, (OMR, Chennai),
Kelambakkam, Kanchipuram Dist. Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: 044 4741 3320
Official Website: https://www.chettinadhealthcity.com
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Admission Support
|NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Click Here|
|MBBS Abroad Starting at 2 Lakh||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram is 150
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Chettinad Hospital And Research Institute Kanchipuram, Chettinad Health City, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, (OMR, Chennai), Kelambakkam, Kanchipuram Dist. Tamil Nadu, India.