Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati is one of the reputed Government Ayurvedic Colleges in Assam. GACH Guwahati college is popularly known as Govt Ayurvedic College Guwahati and was founded in the year 1948.
GACH Guwahati is affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam and approved by Central Council of Indian Medicines.
Govt Ayurvedic College Guwahati was started to serve students with the best ayurvedic care. Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Ayurvedic Colleges in Assam.
Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Govt Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati.
|College Name||Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati|
|Popular Name||GACH Guwahati, Government Ayurvedic College Guwahati|
|Affiliated with||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Category||BAMS Colleges in Assam|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Govt Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati (GACH Guwahati) like Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam
- Approved by: Central Council of Indian Medicines
- Aid Status: Government
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
|BAMS||Ayurved||50||4.6+1 Year Internship|
|Post Graduation Program|
|MD (Ayurved)||Kaya Chikitsa (06) |
Samhita Siddhanta (06)
Roga Nidan (03)
Sharir Rachana (02)
|MS (Ayurved)||Shalya Tantra(03) |
Prasuti Tantra & Stree Roga(04)
|D. Pharma||Ayurvedacharya||20||2 Year|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
|Educational Qualification|| |
|Popular Entrance Exam||NEET|
|Course||Average Fees (Per Year)||Monthly hostel Fees|
|MD/MS ( Ayurveda)||NA||N/A|
*** Fees will be updated soon…
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off Marks 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
Assam Ayush NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education Assam to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Assam State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Assam NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Assam must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Govt Ayurvedic College Guwahati|
- Govt Ayurvedic College Guwahati (GACH Guwahati) is one of the Ayurvedic Institute in Assam.
- We would like to give 4.0 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best BAMS Institute in Assam
Govt. Ayurvedic College & Hospital Guwahati
Address: Sundarbari, Jalukbari, Guwahati 781014, Assam, India
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: www.gacassam.webs.com
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck Students..!!!
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.