MBBS in Cayman Islands: The Cayman Islands is a self-governing British Overseas Territory in the western Caribbean Sea, the largest by population. Cayman Brac is a popular launch point for deep-sea fishing excursions. Little Cayman, the smallest island, is home to diverse wildlife, from endangered iguanas to seabirds such as red-footed boobies. The district is located east of Central America, southeast of the Gulf Of Mexico and the North American territory, and north of South America. The Caribbean Islands are the place that gathers nations in one zone. One of the leading destinations for MBBS students is the Caribbean Islands.
The medical schools in the Caribbean Islands follow the system of US education. The Caribbean Islands is turning into a location daily as a quality institution with an affordable fee structure. There are various advantages of studying MBBS in the Caribbean Islands like good facilities, amazing locations, and quality and service of the studies. On the other hand, Indian students benefit from studying MBBS affordably.
The Cayman Islands, an island group and the overseas territory of the United Kingdom in the Caribbean Sea, Comprise the island of Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac, situated about 180 miles (290 km) northwest of Jamaica. The islands are the outcroppings of a submarine mountain range that extends northeastward from Belize to Cuba. The capital is George Town, on Grand Cayman.
|Area||264 sq. km|
|Capital City||George Town|
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||hot and humid all year round, with a dry, relatively cool season from late November to mid-April|
|Time Zone||(GMT-5) Eastern Standard Time|
|Currency||Cayman Islands dollar|
|Religion||The predominant religion in the Cayman Islands is Christianity|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Cayman Islands, let’s look at Quick facts about Study MBBS in Cayman Islands.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
Recognition of Cayman Islands Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. Cayman Islands MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Cayman Islands.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
The Cayman Islands has become one of the top preferred destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Cayman Islands, check the eligibility below.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO|
|NEET Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
If you want to take the University of St La Salle Philippines Admission for the 2023-24 session, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET Exam that will help boost your NEET exam preparation.
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in the Cayman Islands, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Cayman Islands.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Cayman Islands Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
Top MBBS Colleges in the Cayman Islands with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Cayman Islands officially made by the NMC. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees Structure|
|1.||St Matthews School of Medicine||17,175/- USD|
Note: The Mentioned fee is Approximate and subject to change.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Cayman Islands
Do you know Education in the Cayman Islands is overseen by the Ministry of Education? University College of the Cayman Islands: The only public university in the Cayman Islands. There are a lot of advantages to studying in the Cayman Islands, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Cayman Islands
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in France can complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals worldwide.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in the Cayman Islands provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Cayman Islands medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Cayman Islands
- As the Cayman Islands is the local language in France, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the English Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Popular countries for Indian students to pursue MBBS are Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Russia, and Ukraine.
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
A. MBBS abroad is getting a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Q. Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
A. Canada, Germany, Australia, the United States and Italy are some of the best destinations for Indian students to study abroad.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. Which country is best for foreign students?
A. Switzerland, Netherlands, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, Thailand, Spain and New Zealand are ranked as top destinations for international students.
Q. Which country has the lowest fees for MBBS?
A. Russia, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh, China, and Ukraine are a few countries that provide low-cost MBBS education.
Click here for more Education News