For medical students who wish to study MBBS abroad yet stay near our motherland, MBBS in Sri Lanka is ideal. MBBS in Sri Lanka offer an affordable education, but they are some of the best Medical Universities in the world.
Sri Lanka is renowned for its education field, specifically medicine, becoming one of India’s top preferred destinations for all Medical Aspirants. Buckle up your seat belt as this article is going on the ride of MBBS in Sri Lanka Admission 2022, every aspect related to it from its pros and cons to the best colleges.
| [Page Index]|
1. Quick facts
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Admission Process
4. Document Required
6. Fee Structure
7. Top Medical Colleges in Sri Lanka
8. Country Summary
9. Frequently Asked Question
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Sri Lanka, let’s look at Quick facts about MBBS.
|Course Offered||MBBS (September Intake)|
|Course Duration||Five years + 12 Month Internship|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects with 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO accredited|
|Cost of Living in Sri Lanka||Rs 77,783/ Month (Sri Lanka Currency)|
|Minimum Course Fee||RS 4,00,000/ Year|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Sri Lanka at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
Recognition of Sri Lanka Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. So, MBBS in Sri Lanka for Indian students are affiliated with these authorities.
- UGC (University Grants Commission Sri Lanka)
- ACU (Association of Commonwealth Universities)
- IAU (International Association of Universities)
- Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Sri Lanka has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Sri Lanka, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||The Candidate should be at least 17 years old on or before 31 December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subject with 50% from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Admission Starts||September Session|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
If you want to take Admission for MBBS in Sri Lanka, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must keep in mind that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that helps you boost preparing NEET exam.
Before taking admission to Medical College Sri Lanka, please do not carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Sri Lanka.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Sri Lanka
Before going to Sri Lanka for Medical Studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities in Sri Lanka. Please click here to see the structure and the pattern of MBBS in Sri Lanka.
MBBS in Sri Lanka Fee Structure
Here in this section, we provide information about MBBS fees in Sri Lanka. Let’s have a look. This section also provides MBBS in Sri Lanka Fees such as:
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees||Hostel Fees|
|University of Kelaniya||5,000 USD||Rs. 500/- (Month)|
|University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda||$306-575 /Month.||Rs. 750/- (Month)|
NOTE: Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
Top MBBS Colleges in Sri Lanka
Below is the updated list 2022-23 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Sri Lanka officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
Sri Lanka, officially known as the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and the southeast of the Arabian Sea. It is connected to India via Palk Strait.
|Area||65,610 km2 (25,330 sq mi)|
|Capital City||Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte|
Largest City: Colombo
|Language||Official Language: Sinhala, Tamil|
Recognised Language: English
|Climate||Average Temperature: 28°C– 32°C|
|Time Zone||UTC+5:30 (SLST)|
|Currency||Sri Lankan rupee (LKR)|
|Religion||Buddhism: 70.2%, Hinduism: 12.6%, Islam: 9.7%|
Pros & Cons
With a literacy rate of 92.5%, Sri Lanka has one of the most literate populations among developing nations. Its youth literacy rate stands at 98%, computer literacy rate at 35%, and primary school enrollment rate at over 99%. An education system that dictates nine years of compulsory schooling for every child is in place. MBBS in Sri Lanka is one of the preferred destinations for Indian students. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Sri Lanka, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Sri Lanka
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Sri Lanka (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those institutions recognized by this medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Sri Lanka don’t ask for any donation at the time of admission.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Elite bodies like WHO and NMC acknowledge medical colleges in Sri Lanka.
- The cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Sri Lanka’s MBBS courses follow the Sinhala, Tamil language mode, as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Sri Lanka provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Sinhala, Tamil medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Sri Lanka offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Sri Lanka
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Sinhala Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Popular countries for Indian students to pursue MBBS are Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Russia, and Ukraine.
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to either practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
A. MBBS abroad is getting a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
A. Romania, Italy, Germany, Belarus and Georgia are some of the most popular destinations for MBBS in Europe.
Q. Which is the cheapest Country for Indian students to study abroad?
A. Norway, Malaysia, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium and Denmark are the cheapest countries for Indian students to study abroad.
Q. Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
A. Canada, Germany, Australia, the United States and Italy are some of the best destinations for Indian students to study abroad.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. Which country is best for foreign students?
A. Switzerland, Netherland, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, Thailand, Spain and New Zealand are ranked as top destinations for international students.
Q. Which country has the lowest fees for MBBS?
A. Russia, Kazakhstan, Bangladesh, China, and Ukraine are a few countries that provide low-cost MBBS education.
Click here for more Education News