For those medical students who wish to study MBBS abroad, yet stay in close proximity of our motherland, MBBS in Sri Lanka is indeed an ideal option. Not only MBBS colleges in Sri Lanka offers an affordable education but they are some of the best Medical Universities in the world.
Sri Lanka is renowned for its education field specifically medicine and is becoming one of the top preferred destinations for all Medical Aspirants in India. Buckle up your seat belt as this article is going on the ride of MBBS in Sri Lanka Admission 2020-21, every aspect related to it from its pros and cons to the best colleges.
Below we have mentioned the NEET Useful Resources that will help you defiantly to Benefit the Preparation of Courses.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Sri Lanka, officially known as the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, it is an island country in South Asia, which is located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and to the southeast of the Arabian Sea. It is connected to India via Palk Strait.
|Area||Total: 62,710 km2 (24,212 sq mi)|
|Capital City||Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Largest City: Colombo
|Language||Official Language: Sinhala, Tamil
Recognised Language: English
|Time Zone||UTC+5:30 (SLST)|
|Currency||Sri Lankan rupee (Rs)|
|Religion||Buddhism: 70.2%, Hinduism: 12.6%, Islam: 9.7%
Christianity: 7.4% , Other/None: 0.1%
MBBS in Sri Lanka 2020 Fact Check
Sri Lanka higher medical education is famous due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Sri Lanka a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy Admission Procedure and No Entrance Test.
Here are some of the facts about the safety measures in Sri Lanka for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Sri Lanka has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Sri Lanka, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates should have obtained at least ‘S’ Grades in each of the three subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics).|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
|Qualifying Entrance||NEET (Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET card Holder)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 years + 12 Month Internship|
The Admission procedure for studying mbbs in Sri Lanka is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- Once you receive an offer letter, save it for future use.
- Pay the University/College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Sri Lanka.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Sri Lanka. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college of Sri Lanka, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Sri Lanka.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Sri Lanka
Before going to Sri Lanka for Medical Studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Sri Lanka. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Sri Lanka are as follow:
|Phase I||Phase II||Phase III|
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year|
|Orient.||Basic & Applied Sciences Strand (Normal Structure and Function)||Basic & Applied Sciences Strand (Abnormal Structure and Function)||Clinical Skills Strand (Professorial Appointments)|
|IT||Clinical Skills Strand (basic)||Clinical Skills Strand (Clinical Rotations)|
|English||Community Health Strand (Principles of Public Health)||Community Health Strands (Principles and Practice of Health)|
|–||Behavioural Science & Mental Health Strand (Normal Human Behaviour)||Behavioural Science & Mental Health Strand (Abnormal Human Behaviour)|
Recognition of Sri Lanka Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Sri Lanka are affiliated with these authorities.
- UGC (University Grants Commission Sri Lanka)
- ACU (Association of Commonwealth Universities)
- IAU (International Association of Universities)
- Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Top MBBS Colleges in Sri Lanka
Below given are the updated list 2020-21 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Sri Lanka officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
University of Kelaniya
University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda
MBBS in Sri Lanka Fees Structure
Sri Lanka stands as one of the prime destinations when we say MBBS abroad to Indian students. The advance Medical Education and quality-driven training by medical universities of Sri Lanka are one of the prime concern that makes the country first choice for medical studies. All universities are perceived from UGC, MCI, and many other international medical bodies. The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Sri Lanka is less than Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Sri Lanka.
|Name Of University||Tuition Fees/ Year||Hostel Fees|
|University of Kelaniya||NA||NA|
|University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda||NA||NA|
Pros & Cons
Do you know with a literacy rate of 92.5%, Sri Lanka has one of the most literate populations amongst developing nations? Its youth literacy rate stands at 98% computer literacy rate at 35%, and primary school enrollment rate at over 99%. An education system which dictates 9 years of compulsory schooling for every child is in place. MBBS in Sri Lanka is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Sri Lanka, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Sri Lanka
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Sri Lanka (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Sri Lanka don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Sri Lanka are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Sri Lanka’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the Sinhala, Tamil language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Sri Lanka provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Sinhala, Tamil medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Sri Lanka offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Sri Lanka
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Sinhala Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Sri Lanka.
Ans. English is the medium of instruction for all the universities and is widely spoken throughout the country.
Ans: Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you comply with the rules and laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and other bodies.
Ans: Тhе Меdісаl Соunсіl оf Іndіа stірulаtеs thаt аll studеnts studуіng МВВЅ рrоgrаmmе frоm Меdісаl Соllеgеs оutsіdе Іndіа аnd wаntіng tо рrасtісе іn Іndіа аftеr соmрlеtіоn оf thеіr рrоgrаmmе, nееd tо арреаr fоr а “Ѕсrееnіng Теst”. Fоr mоrе іnfоrmаtіоn rеgаrdіng МСІ Ѕсrееnіng rеfеr.
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Open 2020-21 Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Open Now Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers