Osmania Medical College (OMC Hyderabad) was founded in the year 1846 and it was one of the oldest medical colleges in the state of Telangana. Earlier OMC Hyderabad was known as Hyderabad Medical College. Osmania Medical College Hyderabad is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Telangana. OMC Hyderabad has provided 250 candidate intake for the Undergraduate programme, 274 in Post Graduate Programme and 42 in super specialty programme or Diploma programme also. The Institute has spread over an area of 20 acres and has the modern infrastructure or best facility.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Osmania Medical College Hyderabad like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
- 1 About OMC Hyderabad
- 2 Osmania Medical College Courses
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 Osmania Medical College Fees Structure
- 5 Osmania Medical College Cut Off
- 6 Ranking and Reputation
- 7 Contact Details
About OMC Hyderabad
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Osmania Medical College OMC Hyderabad:
|Name of Institute||Osmania Medical College Hyderabad (Telangana)|
|Popular Name||OMC Hyderabad|
|Location||Turrebaz Khan Rd, Koti, Hyderabad, Telangana 500095|
|Year of Establishment||1846|
|Affiliated to||NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS, MD, PG Diploma, M.CH|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Telangana|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Osmania Medical College OMC Hyderabad is Affiliated with NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
- Approved by Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status–Govt.
- No ragging environment.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Facilities @ OMC Hyderabad
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
Osmania Medical College Courses
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||250||4.6+1 Year Internship|
|Master of Surgery (MS)||N/A||2 Years|
|Doctorate of Medicine (MD)||N/A||2 Years|
|Master of Chirurgiae (M.CH)||N/A||3 Years|
|PG Diploma||N/A||2 Years|
|MD Anatomy||3 Years||7|
|MD General Medicine||3 Years||N/A|
|M.Ch Surgical Oncology||3 Years||N/A|
|MS Ophthalmology||3 Years||28|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology||2 Years||7|
|MS ENT||3 Years||N/A|
|Diploma in Otolaryngology||2 Years||2|
|Diploma in Radiology||N/A||2|
|MS Urology||2 Years||4|
|MS Oncology||2 Years||3|
|MS Radiology||2 Years||4|
|MD Otolaryngology||3 Years||9|
- Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- Admission through the National level exam NEET UG programme or also through Telangana NEET State Entrance Test.
- Aspirants should have completed 17 years of age on that date in which year they will be an admission.
- Candidate should also have minimum 17 years and not more than 25 Years age on the date in which they will be admitted.
- Relaxation of 3 years for SC/ST Candidates only.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
Osmania Medical College Fees Structure
|Course||AIQ Fees Annual||Amount to be paid at the time of admission|
|Courses||Fees (Full Courses)|
|Master of Surgery (MS)||200,000/-|
|Doctorate of Medicine (MD)||200,000/-|
|Master of Chirurgiae (M.CH)||390,000/-|
|Course||AIQ Fees (Annual)||NRI Fees (Annual)||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||Amount to be paid at the time of Admission|
The hostel is located within the college campus and is fully furnished with all the modern facilities. Hostel Detail is as follows:-
|Boys and Girls||In Campus||5000/- Monthly (UG)/ 1000/- Monthly (PG)||Available||Available||Available||Available|
READ ALSO: Al-Ameen Medical College Bijapur
Osmania Medical College Cut Off
|Categories||NEET Cutoff Marks||Percentile|
|UR- Physically Handicapped||324||45%|
|General – UR||360||50%|
|PH (ST/ SC/ OBC)||288||40%|
|Reserved Quota – OBC, SC, ST||288||40%|
OMC Telangana (state) NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Cutoff Marks Range (Out of 720)|
|Unreserved||685 – 468|
|ST||466 – 303|
|Unreserved & PH||466-214|
|OBC & PH||213-210|
|SC & PH||209-130|
|ST & PH||213 – 118|
Telangana NEET Cut off 2017
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40%|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Rating |
|Previous rating |
|OMC Hyderabad (Telangana)||4.3/5||Good College||4.2/5||Good||Good||3.7/5||Average|
We Would like to give this Medical college 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Telangana.
Osmania Medical College OMC Hyderabad (Telangana)
Address: Sultan Bazaar, Hyderabad, Telangana
Phone: 040 -24656992
Email: [email protected]
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!