Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan was founded in 1953. The university was known as Semipalatinsk State Medical Institute, but after about 40 years, the university’s name was changed to Semey State Medical University. The first faculty at the university was the medicine faculty which started in the year 1953. The Semey State Medical University is also known as SSMU Semey. It is considered one of the best Medical Colleges for MBBS in Kazakhstan.
This article will discuss Semey State Medical University rich historical traditions, colossal potential, and reputable schools. For 65 years, we have contributed to developing medicine and strengthening Kazakhstan’s health.
Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan
Since 2009, it has been awarded the status of the University. Semey State Medical University is a multidisciplinary medical university and an educational and cultural centre in East Kazakhstan and the Pavlodar regions. More than 1500 university professors, teachers, staff members, and doctors work to achieve high goals. Things You Need to Know About Before Pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Before we go through the detailed information of Semey State Medical University, let’s look at the college’s significant details.
|Name of Institute||Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan1|
|Popular Name||SSMU Semey, Semey Medical University|
|Year of Establishment||1953|
|Language of Teaching||English / Kazakh|
|No. Of Faculties||1500|
|Approved By||National Medical Commission (NMC)3 & WHO|
|Semey State Medical University Ranking||Country Rank: 15|
World Rank: 5679
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91 885-963-7232|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
This selection will let you know about Semey State Medical University Student Support. Let’s have a look.
Graphical Representation of Semey State Medical University:-
This is the choice. Let’s take a look at the facilities that Semey State Medical University has to offer.
The Semey State Medical University Semey (SSMU Semey) offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The Semey State Medical University is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|Public Health||Anatomy, Forensic Medicine|
|Hygienic Disciplines||Physiological Disciplines|
Why is MBBS admission at Semey State Medical University?
- Great job Opportunities after completion of MBBS at Semey State Medical University
- The education standard is a higher MBBS degree at Semey State Medical University. Colleges have world-class standards of techniques and systems.
- Our Degrees are recognized by WHO, Directory of Avicenna(more than 60 countries in Europe & Asia), Asian Network of Quality & equalized by councils like MCI, PMDC, etc.
- Students can appear in the screening test led by the Medical Council of India. They can likewise apply to the European Union and the United States of America for employment. MBBS in Kazakhstan is perceived all around the world.
- More than 25000 students and aspirants successfully graduated and work in leasing medical establishments and institutions worldwide, including in countries like the USA, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.
Read also: Direct Admission in MBBS in Kazakhstan
To be admitted to Semey State Medical University, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET Exam that will help boost your NEET exam preparation.
Kazakhstan has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to Study MBBS at Semey State Medical University, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognised by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years|
|Low Budget MBBS Abroad Colleges||Enquire Now|
Before taking admission to Semey State Medical University, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Kazakhstan.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi5.
- Legalization of all documents from the Kazakhstan Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Semey State Medical University Fee Structure
The Semey State Medical University MBBS fee structure for the undergraduate medical course. the Semey State Medical University fee structure, the data as mentioned below:-
MBBS (5 years) Fees
|Particular||Year – 1||Year – 2||Year – 3||Year – 4||Year – 5|
|Tuition Fee||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200|
|Hostel Fee||$ 600||$ 600||$ 600||$ 600||$ 600|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate, and it will be subject to change.
Semey State Medical University Ranking
According to 4icu.org, the Semey State Medical University ranking in Kazakhstan and Semey State Medical University world ranking:
|Semey State Medical University Country Ranking||Semey State Medical University World Ranking|
MBBS Syllabus in Kazakhstan
Before applying to Semey State Medical University, please compare the MBBS syllabuses of some of Kazakhstan’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|First Year||Fundamentals of Psychology, Bioorganic Chemistry, Medical Chemistry, Embryology, Human Anatomy, Cytology, Elective Courses, Patient Care, Embryology|
|Second Year||Human Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Philosophy, Emergency Medicine, Microbiology, Immunology|
|Third year||Fundamentals of Psychology, Bioorganic Chemistry, Medical Chemistry, Embryology, Human Anatomy, Cytology, Elective Courses, Patient Care, Embryology|
|Fourth Year||Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Pathomorphology, Hygiene and Ecology, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Radiology, Elective courses, Narcology, Forensic Medicine, Biostatistics, Social medicine|
|Fifth Year||Epidemiology, Oncology, Social Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Medical genetics, Traumatology, Gynecology, Clinical Immunology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, Emergency Medicine, Fundamentals of Stomatology|
|Sixth Year||Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Tuberculosis, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Medical Psychology, Urology|
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows Semey State Medical University Ranking all across the country of Kazakhstan & world, so the data as stated below:-
|Name of Institute||Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan|
Read also: MBBS in India vs MBBS Abroad: Complete Analysis.
Kazakhstan, situated in Central Asia and formerly part of the Soviet Union, stretches from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia. The major city, Almaty, has been a historic trading center featuring landmarks such as the Ascension Cathedral, a Russian Orthodox church from the tsarist era, and the Central State Museum of Kazakhstan, showcasing thousands of Kazakh artifacts.
|Area||2,724,900 km2 (1,052,100 sq mi)|
|Climate||Kazakhstan is continental, maybe a little arid. In summer, the temperatures average more than 30 °C (86 °F) and in winter average −20 °C (−4.0 °F).|
|Time Zone||UTC+5 / +6 (West / East)|
|Currency||KZT – Kazakhstani Tenge|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam etc.|
About Semey City
- Semey lies along the Irtysh River near the border with Russia, 1,000 kilometres north of Almaty and 700 kilometres southeast of the Russian city of Omsk.
- Its population is 299,264.
- Semey, formerly Semipalatinsk, city, eastern Kazakhstan.
- In Semey, the summers are long, warm, dry, and partly cloudy, and the winters are frigid, snowy, and mostly cloudy. Over the year, the temperature typically varies from -8°F to 85°F and is rarely below -28°F or above 95°F.
Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
Semey State Medical University is the university you need to know before pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan. This is a good option for Indian students. Below are various advantages of studying in Kazakhstan.
- An education system focused on imparting both theoretical and practical skills.
- Affordable tuition fees and living expenses
- The organization works with great professionals, doctors, and researchers. That’s why Indian students will be admitted to Kazakhstan.
- Excellent weather conditions for students
- MBBS Kazakhstan Fees are relatively not as expensive as other medical institutes.
- medical universities in Kazakhstan have low tuition fees
Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
The Semey State Medical University various Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- As Kazakh is the local language in Kazakhstan, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Kazakh Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan
Address: Abai Street 103, Semey 071400, Kazakhstan
Phone: Call Now > +91 885-963-7232 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the MBBS course duration at Semey State Medical University?
The duration of the MBBS course at SMU Kazakhstan is 6 Years.
Is Semey State Medical University an English medium?
The medium of instruction at Semey State Medical University for all international students is in English.
Is Semey State Medical University a government University?
Semey State Medical University is one of the top-ranked government universities in Russia.
Does the NMC approve Semey State Medical University?
Yes, the university has accreditation from the NMC.
Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan
- Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University
- Kokshetau State University
- Caspian International School of Medicine Almaty
- South Kazakhstan Medical Academy