Government Sivagangai Medical College, Sivaganga is one of the prestigious Govt Medical College, is well known as Sivagangai Medical College. It was founded in the year 2012 affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and approved by Medical Council of India.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Government Sivagangai Medical College Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Government Sivagangai Medical College
|Name of Institute||Government Sivagangai Medical College Sivagangai|
|Popular Name||Sivagangai Medical College|
|Year of Establishment||2012|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai|
|Approved||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male & Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Skill Lab
- Lecture Halls
|MBBS||100||4.5+ 1 year Internship|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Note: Students getting admission to this College will be required to serve in the rural area for at least five years and have to furnish an undertaking to this effect and will sign a bond on a non-judicial, If failing to serve your service in gov. provided area you have to pay 5 lakh Indian rupees to the institution.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
|Particulars||Fees per annum|
|Special fees(Exam fee)||950/-|
Amount to be paid at the time of Admission: 13,600/-
- 5,000/- Per Month
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration. For latest update contact respective gov. welfare portal.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the eScholarship.co.in website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2019 Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2019 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Tamil Nadu NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
NEET Tamil Nadu 2019 Counselling Procedure
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Rank Card
- Allotment Letter
- 10th Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be
- 12th Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be
- Certificate for proof of study from VI Std. to XII std
- Copy of Photo Id
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- PH Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Printout of Registration Form
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sivagangai Medical College|
We would like to give 4 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best Medical Colleges in India.
Government Sivagangai Medical College Sivagangai
Address: Manamadurai Road, Sivaganga – 630562 Tamil Nadu India
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.sgmcsg.ac.in/sgmcsg
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 1 day.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: 10,00,000/- (10 Lakh)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2019 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2019 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalized and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float, and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2019 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2019.
Questions: If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2019 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Questions: Difference between percentage & percentile in NEET?
Answer: Basically your percentage is irrelevant of how the other students have fared in the same exam and it is just a reflection of how well you did individually.
Percentage = (your marks/total marks) x 100
Percentile is a little different as it is relative. Here the scores of the other students in the same exam are very important to how we calculate a person’s percentile as it gives you the idea of how good/bad you did in an exam.
Percentile = (number of people behind you/total number of people) x 100
Question: 50% Means, How many marks in NEET?
Answer: 50 percentage is 360 marks out of 720. NEET scores are not based on percentages but rather based on percentiles which means that it really depends on how many students score better than you.
Questions: Is any chances to get selected in government medical college with neet score of 500 marks?
Answer: The current situation is that if you score below 500 there is no chance in getting anything through the central counselling whatsoever. Few chances through the state quota are also very meek!
If it ranges between 520 to 550 you will get a govt seat through the centralized all India counselling conducted by MCI online, for sure to get a govt seat through your state quota!
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of Luck!!!